User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Hmmm, maybe it's kind of like that Auto-play thread. I posted in there out of principal, even though I am annoyed by autoplay and I realize the majority of others are as well. It has nothing to do with the 'needs of the many'. Do Fe users often feel the need to defend things that they and even most people don't like?
    uhhh what? no? Why would I think something is "right" and yet not hold that opinion myself? If I thought it was the best choice, I'd have chosen it. Devil's advocate and arguing all sides of a story are a bit different, but I wouldn't argue for a side I didn't believe in because of....principles? Particularly when the points have already been brought up by others.

I don't get it at all.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

and wtf, are you guys implying that the arguments in the autoplay thread were completely meaningless because all the fi users in a huff over there don't even believe what they're saying?

please tell me that I'm misunderstanding, because...omg.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

edit: responding to my post up there.

wait...not that way ^^ like that obnoxiously aggressive way...but the right of someone to make that choice for themself in however way they want to express themself on their page or in their house or with their art or whatever freedom of expression man!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

@KDude

That is a type of principal, what would you do if you felt everybody else was wrong.. except for the guy who wasn't your friend? Would you go task for it?.
    If I got involved, I know I'd have to muster up some kind of persuasive Fe/Ti approach there. Reason with them if they were friends. I'd think twice of getting aggressive. If it got ugly, I'd get him out. Tell them "Screw it.. what can you do?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    uhhh what? no? Why would I think something is "right" and yet not hold that opinion myself? If I thought it was the best choice, I'd have chosen it. Devil's advocate and arguing all sides of a story are a bit different, but I wouldn't argue for a side I didn't believe in because of....principles? Particularly when the points have already been brought up by others.

I don't get it at all.
    I differentiate between what I like and what is 'right'. They're not always the same thing.. and what's right is usually paramount.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

and wtf, are you guys implying that the arguments in the autoplay thread were completely meaningless because all the fi users in a huff over there don't even believe what they're saying?

please tell me that I'm misunderstanding, because...omg.
    haha this is so funny to me

i have no idea what other fi users position was. "i" don't think it's rude. i do think it can be annoying but it's not my place to tell you not to annoy me. i think it's more rude to tell you what to do. haha oh shits its all convoluted.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I differentiate between what I like and what is 'right'. They're not always the same thing.. and what's right is usually paramount.
    Oh ok, that makes more sense. I do that too, but I guess I don't really interpret it in the same way because it's like....my personal feelings are X, but I think the right thing for the overall situation is Y, and therefore I'll make an argument for Y (as "my opinion of the best thing to do") in the thread and maybe mention X off-handedly, or maybe not. Which kinda sounds the same on the surface, only it seems like my "the right thing" is based on what I perceive to be best for everyone overall, and your "the right thing" is based on....your internal principles?

edit:
    whereas to me it would seem like a lot of Fi users either argue for X in the thread, or argue for a new option, Z: what they think is the most "moral" thing to do, more or less regardless of how it affects people?

Maybe this is really just a false dichotomy. I'm confusing myself again.
    -end of thread-

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

My Fi serves more as a guidepost, and a way of understanding right and wrong than it is any immediately conscious emotional interpretation of whats going on right now.

I hate to have to do it, but when an emotional issue arises that needs dealing with, I will seclude myself and try to figure out how I feel about it. This only happens rarely, and usually entails some sort of big life decision.

I do unto others what I would want done to me, more than I gauge what would make everyone happy.

I share my mirth easily, and love to talk and crack jokes, but that is just the social me keeping my positive emotions at the forefront in an effort to keep my deep how do I feel about this thoughts under wraps.

I can mask myself socially until I know how I want to respond to a situation that displeases me. I'm much less duplicitous with close friends, family etc.

That being said I am becoming a better listener. I'll keep those who I'm not a fan of at a distance, but it is very easy to become a friend of mine. Getting any closer than that requires a good bit more.

In my book kindness must occasionally make way for fairness or justice. Responsibility, duty, loyalty and honor mean a lot to me.

But so does love.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Oh ok, that makes more sense. I do that too, but I guess I don't really interpret it in the same way because it's like....my personal feelings are X, but I think the right thing for the overall situation is Y, and therefore I'll make an argument for Y (as "my opinion of the best thing to do") in the thread and maybe mention X off-handedly, or maybe not. Which kinda sounds the same on the surface, only it seems like my "the right thing" is based on what I perceive to be best for everyone overall, and your "the right thing" is based on....your internal principles?
    edit:
    whereas to me it would seem like a lot of Fi users either argue for X in the thread, or argue for a new option, Z: what they think is the most "moral" thing to do, more or less regardless of how it affects people?

Maybe this is really just a false dichotomy. I'm confusing myself again.
    Grr, I have to retype this because I lost my last response.

My answer is yes, and I think maybe a better word for principals is 'ideal'. Like for auto-play, I had to say a word for the ideal that in a personal space an owner should have more control over content than the visitor. And I hesitated to type that last sentence, because I don't want to sound like I'm campaigning. Another ideal I have is that everybody should face each other on equal ground, even if that means hobbling myself with somebody else in a conflict.

I think we both have principals, it's just their focus is different.

I can't even address "autoplay" with any moral dynamics to it. That's kind of crazy to me that it's going that far.. I haven't really read that thread. I'd agree that it's no one's business though.