User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    It does. On an intellectual level. But I can't really relate because for me (baby Fe) it is the other way around. I have very few principles and one of the most important ones, if not the most important one is not to hurt people and to preserve harmony. I do have opinions on many issues (more often opinions rather than convictions) but they aren't strong enough to be worth getting worked up about or getting into a fight over them.

More later, if you guys are interested in another INTP's baby Fe perpective.
    Yeah, I completely agree with this. I'm not really sure I have many (any?) principles that don't involve "don't hurt other people" in some way. I don't really know what principles are actually, other than something people like to say when they want to fight for no reason "it's a matter of principle dammit".

They mean something different from morals, right? I see them claimed in places where morals wouldn't apply, anyway.
    -end of thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    They mean something different from morals, right? I see them claimed in places where morals wouldn't apply, anyway.
    Sometimes. It could just be socially related.. "Saving face". Fighting out of that principle. Maybe the principal is simply "don't look like a wuss". If, then, but..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

No no an example might be people deserve to be treated like blank and that right shall be defended regardless of who you are or my relation to you.

Or maybe it's rather or not this is a popular opinion this person deserves to express how they feel!

Something like that... Hmm that's not very helpful. Maybe I'll come back to it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Hmmm, maybe it's kind of like that Auto-play thread. I posted in there out of principal, even though I am annoyed by autoplay and I realize the majority of others are as well. It has nothing to do with the 'needs of the many'. Do Fe users often feel the need to defend things that they and even most people don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    No no an example might be people deserve to be treated like blank and that right shall be defended regardless of who you are or my relation to .
    Oh, I meant how "principal" might take on a meaning outside "Fi values" or morals. Some people do funny things out of "principal" that have little to do with morals per se. But they're probably more conditional than a Fi value, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Do Fe users often feel the need to defend things that they and even most people don't like?
    I'm growing a too self-aware how I'm posting in these "F" threads lately.. Why am I doing this?

Anyways, I've caught myself doing this from time to time. One time I was at a friend's apartment, they were all kind of bickering over this lame roommate of his. He didn't do his portion of the job and was always late for rent. And he had this "Shrug" attitude when they raised the issue. I got tired of hearing all of it.. and I had nothing to do with any of it other than caring about my friends getting shafted a bit.. and I got up and put the guy on the floor. I guess it was "out of principal" for Fe reasons, maybe to make my friends happy, and out of "principal" that a situation shouldn't be stalemated.. I'd help resolve the situation by skipping all the bullshit.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Hmmm, maybe it's kind of like that Auto-play thread. I posted in there out of principal, even though I am annoyed by autoplay and I realize the majority of others are as well. It has nothing to do with the 'needs of the many'. Do Fe users often feel the need to defend things that they and even most people don't like?
    good point! i defend things that i feel are right even if it's not "my opinion" like that auto play thread.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    cool yes i am...i really need to understand more how the functions operate in different positions.
    Will do, but this time in the Fe thread - I keep mixing them up
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

@KDude

That is a type of principal, what would you do if you felt everybody else was wrong.. except for the guy who wasn't your friend, and was otherwise a jerk? Would you go task for it?

@LadyX

It looks like we're onto something. It also enrages me when I'm accused of standing up for something because of self-interest (I just like pushing bad music, etc). Because, for me it's anything but.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah totally. like i may joke around saying oh hell yeah YOU WILL listen to my music and Learn to love it! but i couldn't care less really...i'm really just standing up for the rights of someone to feel that way...just a general someone...out there...
    -Jim Morrison