• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cognitive Functions that Drain You

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is there anyone who had experienced certain people with certain cognitive functions that just exhaust you to no end? I believe I find people with amounts of what I think is Ti, Te and Se to be quite draining to me. Mind you, I am not totally sure of how each cognitive function...well...functions. So, what are your experiences in this area?

soppixo

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Fe, Fi types tire me out. I find N-users amusing and fairly entertaining but F-users just gets so...emotional.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Te.

And sometimes.....heavy Ti discussions. Even more rare: Ni.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not the same as what you're asking, I guess...but I think that being an Fe aux drains me. :dry:

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fi both drains and restores me (draining to try to understand what I feel, restorative once I do).
Ni can mess with my mind, and Ti vexes me.
Se is exhausting.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ti for sure. They can get into so much detail that I'm not interested in. Probably Se too.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Si drains me like nothing else- when I'm interacting with Si users or if I'm supposed to be focusing on si oriented things in a given situation.. I hate it.

Occasionally Ne [when it's a dominant function in someone I'm interacting with] can become tiring, but usually when I'm already tired from something else.

My own Fe can tire me out, depending on the situation/person I'm around-- other people's Fe can feel intrusive/overwhelming, mainly when coupled with Si.

Se can be overwhelming in high doses for extended periods of time.. not in others, per se, but when mine's engaged, if that makes sense.

Te ticks me off, sometimes, but then again being exposed to it helps me be more efficient in cases where I get lost in NiTi analysis paralysis. :laugh:

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Se, sometimes Ti. Te can be annoying sometimes but I'm able to utilize it better now

G

Ginkgo

Ni makes me want to pull my pants down and moon gangsters.

Fe is draining because I have to repeat my desires without even brainstorming or analyzing to combat every possible angle of persuasion.

Si is draining because. Well, because it just is. Ugh. SEE?

Te and Ti aren't so much draining as they are disengaging, neutral and boring once they become either pedantic or obsessive.

Fi drains you!!! Buahahaha.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ni, I guess. Inferior Ni almost drives me crazy. '-'

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Se, then Fe. Sometimes Ne and Ti, but rarely.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any function that's overused or inappropriately used.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Te. All that empirical evidence and data is a burden. Oh christmas.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fi and Ti ...i think it's the subjective thing that does it...sometimes Si and Se.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Overuse of Fe or Te...