Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default When Si Goes Wrong

I have a recent ridiculous story from my life.

A couple weeks ago I moved into a new house. There's a shopping center close by, and I walk there.

The first time I came back, I walked down the wrong street. I live on the fourth, this one is the third. That's okay, right?

Yeah it was okay two weeks ago. Ive turned down the third street four or five times now, its like a goddamn sketch comedy. One time I even walked all the way to the end and am all like where is my house? LMAO.

Okay but yesterday when I did it I caught it soon, and Im like Jesus christ Si fail.

Si makes the same mistake over and over again cuz it just feels right to turn down the third street!

If I had proper use of Si Id remember to go the right way instead of repeatedly the wrong way.

Jesus.

For me it's at its worst when I can swear I remember something completely differently from what it actually was. Dunno if this is related to Si or not - but there are many times I remember things happening that never really happened quite that way - and then I would get into arguments with people who'd have to prove me wrong with concrete proof for me to realize just how badly I remembered things. This happens most frequently with names of movies, things like birthday dates etc. I have literally gotten into fights trying to convince people that something happened when it happened completely differently from how I remember it o.0

As I've aged, I've gotten better with this though. Not as argumentative and not as trusting of my own memory :P

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Si is usually a more enjoyable or recreational thing for me, like cataloging the history of popular music and knowing which era, and having all these personal or weird cross references, and I had this even while young like at 21 which someone could argue for me being INFP with tertiary Si maybe bc of that. I think that's Si.

But normally Si for me means I have a closet full of world traditions I respect but wouldnt realistically want to be trapped in, and needing a sense of personal continuity even under all my frequent change, and JTG used to think it was funny Id go on about my childhood and say Si Si Si especially since it was triggered by music or something.

But this is a concrete example of my Si going wtf wrong. Its never been one of my practical functions anyway, it feels deep and personal and unreachable and impractical.

Like a shadow function I guess. Do you think its an inferior or even demon function for you?

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Yeah i get you completely. I've also moved house and walked down the wrong street a couple of times in the dark, with anything new like that you just got to be conscious about where you're going I suppose
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Like a shadow function I guess. Do you think its an inferior or even demon function for you?
    My problem with CF has been my inability to apply inferior functions wholly to myself. I tend to see the worst parts of what I think is Inferior Si in myself when I'm at my worst --- but I do have some positives from it as well.

The negatives:

- Becoming overly obsessive and pedantic about minutia
    - Continuing to stick with a set way of doing things even if they stop working
    - Have some respect for traditions and norms, but not to the extent of monotony. What I mean is that I do like tradition and will follow some traditions when they make sense to me [or to maintain harmony - which is the tertiary Fe/Si dynamic], but it's not something I like to adhere to. I prefer to break away from norms, or at the very least argue them to death.
    - Get completely bored to death repeating the same tasks over and over again the same way. Even when I'm driving to work, I pretty much at least twice or thrice a week take a completely different route just to change things around because driving down the same roads gets boring after a while.
    - Have very little understanding of Si as a whole. I do understand some parts of it but not a heck of a lot.

The good parts:

- It sort works when it wants to. It's when pieces of information / data are floating around in my head and connections start forming over time and everything just seems to connect together and fall in place and make sense all of a sudden. I read things very sporadically and store the basic concepts as opposed to the facts so the more I research and become open to new information, new connections form and my perspective becomes broader. I start relating different parts of different pieces of information together and weave them into a whole new idea.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    My problem with CF has been my inability to apply inferior functions wholly to myself. I tend to see the worst parts of what I think is Inferior Si in myself when I'm at my worst --- but I do have some positives from it as well.

The negatives:

- Becoming overly obsessive and pedantic about minutia
    - Continuing to stick with a set way of doing things even if they stop working
    - Have some respect for traditions and norms, but not to the extent of monotony. What I mean is that I do like tradition and will follow some traditions when they make sense to me [or to maintain harmony - which is the tertiary Fe/Si dynamic], but it's not something I like to adhere to. I prefer to break away from norms, or at the very least argue them to death.
    - Get completely bored to death repeating the same tasks over and over again the same way. Even when I'm driving to work, I pretty much at least twice or thrice a week take a completely different route just to change things around because driving down the same roads gets boring after a while.
    - Have very little understanding of Si as a whole. I do understand some parts of it but not a heck of a lot.

The good parts:

- It sort works when it wants to. It's when pieces of information / data are floating around in my head and connections start forming over time and everything just seems to connect together and fall in place and make sense all of a sudden. I read things very sporadically and store the basic concepts as opposed to the facts so the more I research and become open to new information, new connections form and my perspective becomes broader. I start relating different parts of different pieces of information together and weave them into a whole new idea.
    I remember reading this thing on Personality Cafe where I felt like Inferior Te actually described me perfectly, and Inferior Ni actually sounded more like this old ESTP dude I know ...who is very....um...creative.

But the Jungian neurotic function model I think inferior Ni sounds like me, like the ES(F) Cultural Realist. Even the name Cultural Realist fits me I feel.

Si just never seemed like my inferior, I embraced it too much in some not-so-secret place of myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I remember reading this thing on Personality Cafe where I felt like Inferior Te actually described me perfectly, and Inferior Ni actually sounded more like this old ESTP dude I know ...who is very....um...creative.

But the Jungian neurotic function model I think inferior Ni sounds like me, like the ES(F) Cultural Realist. Even the name Cultural Realist fits me I feel.

Si just never seemed like my inferior, I embraced it too much in some not-so-secret place of myself.
    I wonder if one only recognizes the inferior when they've been in its grip for an extended period. I only related to the unhealthiest parts of tertiary Fe and Si when I was in a major grip of both over a period of 3 years. I would not have been able to figure out my inferior function before that. I would not have been able to relate to anything negative before those three years because I had a normal, happy life before that.

Plus, I also think that individuals who don't have a stereotypical E-type that is the best fit for their type may have a harder time relating back to cognitive functiond and descriptions as those are based on the most stereotypical archetypes of each type. Hmmmm ....

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeYf-rhMQIQ"].[/YOUTUBE]

I'm kidding.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I wonder if one only recognizes the inferior when they've been in its grip for an extended period. I only related to the unhealthiest parts of tertiary Fe and Si when I was in a major grip of both over a period of 3 years. I would not have been able to figure out my inferior function before that. I would not have been able to relate to anything negative before those three years because I had a normal, happy life before that.

Plus, I also think that individuals who don't have a stereotypical E-type that is the best fit for their type may have a harder time relating back to cognitive functiond and descriptions as those are based on the most stereotypical archetypes of each type. Hmmmm ....
    I was in an abusive relationship. Im pretty sure Te helped me tremendously in leaving that relationship. My mom thinks I had PTSD. Im sure that qualifies as unhealthy. So yeah I can agree.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeYf-rhMQIQ"].[/YOUTUBE]

I'm kidding.
    i have jeopardy at 5 o clock