User Tag List

First 345

Results 41 to 45 of 45

  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Si is about how you perceive, not something that makes you strive to perceive certain things over and over again. deciding to do something multiple times is an decision making process, even if its done unconsciously, Si is perceiving
    It is hard to describe but Si can function as its own decision making process occasionally especially if the other tertiary functions are otherwise occupied or overwhelmed. On some level I am aware that my Si is running, but I don't always control the information it regurgitates to me, and sometimes when I'm not concentrating, I end up getting outdated information but because I'm so reliant on my Si being right, I don't question the information I receive until it is too late.

    All this happens on a subconscious level, it is not like I purposely want to keep making the wrong move but because Si when left in charge always defaults to what it knows best, even if this "best" is actually wrong.

  2. #42
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    jung says:

    "These make themselves felt when, for instance, the intuitive suddenly finds himself entangled with a highly unsuitable woman-or, in the case of woman, with unsuitable man-because these persons have stirred archaic sensations. This leads to an unconscious, compulsive tie which bodes nobody any good. Cases of this kind are themselves symptomatic of compulsion, to which the intuitive type is as prone to as the sensation type."

    In other words you stay in relationship with someone because he/she reminds you of your ex in some ways you cant consciously see.


    " Not that he means to be inconsiderate or superior—he simply does not see the object that everyone else sees; his oblivion is similar to that of the sensation-type—only, with the latter, the soul of the object is missed. For this oblivion the object sooner or later takes revenge in the form of compulsive hypochondriacal ideas, phobias, and every imaginable kind of absurd bodily sensation."

    these compulsive hypochondriacal ideas arent an product of Si, its obviously about N



    even tho there is some sensation in the bottom of those hypochondriac ideas, but the idea itself is about perceiving possibilities and believing in them, which is N. you can see similar thing with all N doms(and aux to some, but usually lesser degree), they tend to assume things and orient themselves according to these assumptions.

    where did you see jung saying that Si gives addiction to Ne dom? anyways, like i mentioned Si is perceiving functions, it does not make decisions, but i dont disagree that it cant make you see something in a way that would distort your judgment, but its the judgment that decides things, not perception. also these compulsions jung is talking about are mental compulsions, not physical compulsions that you see in OCD.
    It's from Jung's original diagnostic tool for neurotics, which is where personality theory came from. The EN(F) or EN(T).

    The words addiction and compulsions are actually used. I have links to this in my old blog from about a year ago, or so. The good Professor on Personality Nation introduced these.

  3. #43
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soppixo View Post
    It is hard to describe but Si can function as its own decision making process occasionally especially if the other tertiary functions are otherwise occupied or overwhelmed. On some level I am aware that my Si is running, but I don't always control the information it regurgitates to me, and sometimes when I'm not concentrating, I end up getting outdated information but because I'm so reliant on my Si being right, I don't question the information I receive until it is too late.

    All this happens on a subconscious level, it is not like I purposely want to keep making the wrong move but because Si when left in charge always defaults to what it knows best, even if this "best" is actually wrong.
    undeveloped functions can lead your consciousness without you realizing it. Si is not an decision making function in any way, it might just feel like it if those other unconscious (decision making)functions lead your consciousness without you realizing it, and your consciousness is mostly filled up with Si.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  4. #44
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    It's from Jung's original diagnostic tool for neurotics, which is where personality theory came from. The EN(F) or EN(T).

    The words addiction and compulsions are actually used. I have links to this in my old blog from about a year ago, or so. The good Professor on Personality Nation introduced these.
    yes please link. but i dont see how this has to do with me not thinking that taking a wrong turn many times is related to Si.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    undeveloped functions can lead your consciousness without you realizing it. Si is not an decision making function in any way, it might just feel like it if those other unconscious (decision making)functions lead your consciousness without you realizing it, and your consciousness is mostly filled up with Si.
    I'm not saying that it literally takes over T/F as a function but rather when left to its own devices, can bypass the input of the actual decision making functions. I find it even more unlikely for my shadow functions to be taking over in this manner, as you say they operate in the deep unconscious of the human mind. Si works by viewing a problem and filling in the blanks with what it has known from the paths/consequences of decisions made previously by T/F. This is why I say it can occasionally function as its own decision making process, because it is essentially a sensory remembrance bank- it can regurgitate decisions made by T/F without any actual decision making input from either.

Similar Threads

  1. [Si] Si when listening to New Music
    By IZthe411 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-24-2017, 09:45 AM
  2. [ISTJ] When ISTJ goes wrong
    By substitute in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 07-07-2013, 07:12 PM
  3. [ENTJ] When an ENTJ goes into a midlife crisis...
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 02:45 AM
  4. [ENFP] When an ENFP goes ENTJ: the mission.
    By sculpting in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 11:21 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO