• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

techno-J Ps

S

Society

much like the P stereotype, i am quite inclined towards procrastinating and am very comfortable with leaving my entire life the messiest it can be. but i happen to have a little game i play, consisting of hunting down targeted objectives and marking them as "check", which has a little audio affect, and reads in my mind like the "ping" of leveling up in an RPG, and then analyzing positive processes in my life to deduct the next objectives.

this game is called a todo list, and runs on my phone.

it also keeps tabs for me on my bank balance and credit card so that i don't have to count every little use and remember it, and along with my laptop it has all my e-books and my bookmarks and within them, notes, writings, assays, etc' search-quarry away so that i don't have to remember where everything is or have as many things to clutter my environment with. and if i forget the ingredient for something new i want to cook this week, i just check it online when i am at the supermarket.

it seems to me that it is becoming a lot easier to automate the advantages J users have over Ps. i practically have a pocket ExxJ who i can tell what to tell me to do.

but can the same be said the other way around? are there any tools to make Js more opportunistic, more calm in life's disorder?

R

RDF

[...] it seems to me that it is becoming a lot easier to automate the advantages J users have over Ps. i practically have a pocket ExxJ who i can tell what to tell me to do.

but can the same be said the other way around? are there any tools to make Js more opportunistic, more calm in life's disorder?

Yeah, I agree. There are lots of tools for making a P person more J-ish. Basically they remind the P person to quit perceiving (procrastinating) and move to execution, i.e., move to a J function, usually Te or Fe.

The reverse would be to take someone who is used to moving to execution quickly (Te) and remind him/her to wait, hold off on making a decision, and do more perceiving on the problem.

That reminds me of brainstorming techniques in the workplace. You have a meeting, open the table for discussion of any kind, and the discussion has to continue for a set time or up to a set objective. In other words, the ESTJ boss isn't allowed to cut off discussion and move to a decision or execution until everyone has had their say and every possibility has been considered. :)

I guess you could say that spreadsheets, statistical analysis tools, and so on are P tools: They create additional ways to crunch the numbers and do more analysis on a given problem, thus spending more time on the Perceiving (N and S) side of the problem.