User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: INTJ vs INTP

MBTI
    INTP

Default INTJ vs INTP

How you can spot the difference. Let me know what you think of it and leave me questions if you have them.

More MBTI videos at my channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/doctorjuice1?feature=mhee

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I commented:
    I like how it all connects together. So you also have Interaction Styles, where INTP is "informative" and INTJ is "directive" (another reason why INTP's are a bit "softer"). This does connect to the functions, as introverted iNtuition when preferred is always directive, and extraverted iNtuition is always informative. Introverted Feeling is also always informative when preferred, but in the unpreferred position of tertiary, it supports the always directive extraverted Thinking!
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

It seems based on this vid like INTJs are more open minded, as in they gather more information before coming to conclusions, whereas INTPs are more logical, basing the valadity of an idea on some preconceived internal framework, of course I could have interpreted the vid incorrectly. INTJs also seem to be more stone hearted yet abstract, whereas INTPs seem softer yet more precise and less detailed.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I commented:
    I like how it all connects together. So you also have Interaction Styles, where INTP is "informative" and INTJ is "directive" (another reason why INTP's are a bit "softer"). This does connect to the functions, as introverted iNtuition when preferred is always directive, and extraverted iNtuition is always informative. Introverted Feeling is also always informative when preferred, but in the unpreferred position of tertiary, it supports the always directive extraverted Thinking!
    I did not realize you were on youtube! Anyway, I have not studied interaction styles at all.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    It seems based on this vid like INTJs are more open minded, as in they gather more information before coming to conclusions,
    Well, yes and no. Like I said during the Ni vs Ne part of the video, INTPs are less focused with a broader scope whereas it is reversed with the INTJs. However, INTJs have generally gathered more information than INTPs (just because their perceiving function is dominant), just this information is more "specialized" so to speak (Does that make sense?).

whereas INTPs are more logical, basing the valadity of an idea on some preconceived internal framework
    I would say that's about right.

INTJs also seem to be more stone hearted yet abstract, whereas INTPs seem softer yet more precise and less detailed.
    Yeah, I would say so, though I'm not sure about the less detailed part.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    I did not realize you were on youtube! Anyway, I have not studied interaction styles at all.
    And you'd never know that was me, as I don't have any type-related videos up. (I discuss type purely through writing, so have not used YT for that).
    Interaction Styles use I/E and another factor, called directing/informing (which is basically T/F for S's and J/P for N's). So the "styles" are EST/ENJ, IST/INJ, ESF/ENP and ISF/INP.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP

And you'd never know that was me, as I don't have any type-related videos up. (I discuss type purely through writing, so have not used YT for that).
    Interaction Styles use I/E and another factor, called directing/informing (which is basically T/F for S's and J/P for N's). So the "styles" are EST/ENJ, IST/INJ, ESF/ENP and ISF/INP.
    Oh, I see. It does connect. From what you said, it seems based off the functions?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Basically,
    Te, Ni always directive;
    Fi, Ne always informative;
    Se, Si, Ti, Fe, can go either way, depending on the other preferred function.
    When those last four are together (SeTi, SiFe), then it's the rule for S's: S+T=directive, S+F=informative.

Of course, E/I are determined by which of those functions is dominant.

As for whether this is based on the functions, most would probably assume so. But I once proposed an idea where the temperament and Interaction styles factors were the underlying basis instead:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ary-codes.html

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP

Basically,
    Te, Ni always directive;
    Fi, Ne always informative;
    Se, Si, Ti, Fe, can go either way, depending on the other preferred function.
    When those last four are together (SeTi, SiFe), then it's the rule for S's: S+T=directive, S+F=informative.

Of course, E/I are determined by which of those functions is dominant.

As for whether this is based on the functions, most would probably assume so. But I once proposed an idea where the temperament and Interaction styles factors were the underlying basis instead:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ary-codes.html
    I'll be sure to check that out.

Ni is directive? I wouldn't have guessed. Also shouldn't Fe be directive since it always pushing forth a value judgement?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    INTJ vs INTP
    SPOILER: Kira beats L
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.