• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ vs INTP

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I find that video offensive on many levels; at least, insofar as an INTP can find anything offensive. ;)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTPs are usually good at spotting inconsistencies and contradictions. You don't appear to be.

This over-confidence displayed in your own point of view seems more like INTJ-arrogance than INTP-reason. :harhar:

Once again I must scold the dog a 2nd time, oh boy... BAD INTP! :nono:

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Another contradiction.

INTPs are usually good at spotting inconsistencies and contradictions. You don't appear to be.

Why would that be a contradiction? Let's assume that you had 30,000 liters of piss that you liked to keep in your backyard swimming pool (presumably for recreational purposes /nojudge). Now, let's suppose that your retarded nephew had 10 liters of cola, 10 liters of milk, 10 liters of water, 10 liters of liquid mercury, 10 liters of alcohol, and 10 liters of pig's blood. One could say, as a matter of fact, that you possessed a greater volume of liquid, but that your retarded nephew possessed a greater variety of liquids. Jack of all trades, master of none, etc etc.

Salomé's mind:

"Hmmm, I could assume that he isn't a fucktard, or I can assume that he is. I'm going to go with the latter."

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That was painful. But a good demonstration of why INTJs like (sycophantic) ENFPs.
"NFs, you are dumb little bunny rabbits, don't suppose you can outrun the INTJ mastermind! He will catch you in his trap and crush you to death! Just act stupid/evasive/defenceless and you might be spared."
Was he trying to seduce the INTJ, do you think, or does he just fellate on command? Or was he secretly mocking him? I really, really want it to be that last one.

This over-confidence displayed in your own point of view seems more like INTJ-arrogance than INTP-reason.
It's easy to see why someone like you might conflate confidence with arrogance.

You wouldn't know INTP reason if it smacked you about the head repeatedly (which it would be much inclined to do).

BAD INTP!
Don't you mean bad INTJ?

Do you even know what you mean?

Why would that be a contradiction?
INTPs will have a more limited source of information
INTPs have the tendency to cut themselves off from information, to confine themselves only to a certain area.
+
INTPs' information has more variety but less volume.

con·tra·dic·tion (kntr-dkshn)
n.
a. The act of contradicting.
b. The state of being contradicted.
2. A denial.
3. Inconsistency; discrepancy.
4. Something that contains contradictory elements.

Hope this helps. Like I say, we aren't all equally gifted. :rolleyes:
"Hmmm, I could assume that he isn't a fucktard, or I can assume that he is. I'm going to go with the latter."
It's not an assumption when it's based on evidence.
Unlike the OP.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Hope this helps. Like I say, we aren't all equally gifted. :rolleyes:
It's not an assumption when it's based on evidence.
Unlike the OP.

Ah, the contradiction wasn't contained within that statement, but in conjunction with another. I would argue that one could easily acquire information on a great variety of topics from fewer sources (which I think is what he meant), although when he says "to confine themselves to a certain area," it seems to imply that they confine themselves to a certain topic of study, which would contradict "INTPs' information has more variety". I'd like to hear [MENTION=14757]Doctorjuice[/MENTION] clarify what he meant.

As for my statement regarding your inclination to assume someone is ignorant, I stand by it. Written word over the internet is hardly definitive evidence, and we aren't all as concise or accurate in our speech. When something isn't adequately explained, it can often lead to false impressions. For instance, when someone quotes a single passage that doesn't contain a contradiction and says it's a contradiction, we could assume that she is mistaken and call her a name, or we could ask her why it's a contradiction, provide some reasons explaining our confusion, and wait for her to clarify.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5143]Salomé[/MENTION] dang you Ns always take me to darn seriously. I pull of a little prank and then you nitpick it in such a boring and literal manner typical of INTP-analysis-paralysis, like you actually expected I was trying to have a logical discussion. I wasn't.

I do actually believe you are INTP, but just because you carry that almighty title doesn't mean I have to treat you like you're some kind of rare gift from God. As a matter of fact, INTP is the most common type on this forum, making you just another part of the hive.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
[MENTION=5143]Salomé[/MENTION] dang you Ns always take me to darn seriously. I pull of a little prank and then you nitpick it in such a boring and literal manner typical of INTP-analysis-paralysis, like you actually expected I was trying to have a logical discussion. I wasn't.

I do actually believe you are INTP, but just because you carry that almighty title doesn't mean I have to treat you like you're some kind of rare gift from God. As a matter of fact, INTP is the most common type on this forum, making you just another part of the hive.

I'm going to assume that you're stupid for saying this. Please see my posts above for added effect.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm going to assume that you're stupid for saying this. Please see my posts above for added effect.

Who's more stupid, the stupid one or the one who thinks he's smart enough to label others as stupid? :huh:

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Who's more stupid, the stupid one or the one who thinks he's smart enough to label others as stupid? :huh:

Well, since he is known as "the stupid one," it's a pretty safe bet to assume that he's stupid. No?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Under the INTPs dire need to classify things into definative categories and bring deadly precision into arguments, I could see why arguments such as artificial labels like stupid would convince you. It's just how you INTPs are wired.

Don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing, it's just not how I think, so naturally we're going to have some confrontations and clashes.

Of course, I say this all the time, but bring it on. I love a good fight!

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Under the INTPs dire need to classify things into definative categories and bring deadly precision into arguments, I could see why arguments such as artificial labels like stupid would convince you. It's just how you INTPs are wired.

Don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing, it's just not how I think, so naturally we're going to have some confrontations and clashes.

Of course, I say this all the time, but bring it on. I love a good fight!
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] dang you Ss always take me to darn seriously.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess that means you concede and I won!

Should you wish to re-enter the competition though, I would be a happy participant, as a hard-fought battle always brings more honor than an easy win.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I guess that means you concede and I won!

Should you wish to re-enter the competition though, I would be a happy participant, as a hard-fought battle always brings more honor than an easy win.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hilarious miscommunication is hilarious. :popc1:

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
I would argue that one could easily acquire information on a great variety of topics from fewer sources (which I think is what he meant), although when he says "to confine themselves to a certain area," it seems to imply that they confine themselves to a certain topic of study, which would contradict "INTPs' information has more variety". I'd like to hear [MENTION=14757]Doctorjuice[/MENTION] clarify what he meant.

I was mostly referring to INTPs when they are not at their best. Having Ti as their dominant function, they will find themselves wanting to cut off incoming information a lot of the time. Sometimes, the opposite of this occurs when the INTP will actively seek out new information because they don't have the necessary information at hand to solve the problem (or answer a question, or achieve some sort of goal). They don't want to continue in this state forever and will always want to go back to an equilibrium state where information isn't so readily coming in. An INTP in a bad state shows an extreme case of this in which they don't want to take in hardly any information, and the information they do want to take in will be limited to that which reaffirms previously made assumptions or conclusions. They will want to confine themselves to their comfort-zone. I think every INTP must've experienced this bad state sometime in their life. One personality website calls it "being stuck in a rut". Other people say this is a Ti-Si loop. I am undecided on my opinion of the validity of dominant-tertiary loops, btw.

These traits I mentioned also apply to ISTPs, at least to some degree.

An INTP in a good state will take little hesitation in seeking out new information when they need to but also be able to recognize when it is time cut off the flow of incoming information and reflect.

When an INTP does actively seek out new information in a healthy way, they will do so in an "absorb-all" sort of way, being non-selective for the most part.

Notice all of this boils down to whether the INTP is using Ne in a healthy way or an unhealthy way. For the healthy way, the INTP is truly trying to expand their perspective. For the unhealthy way, the INTP is confining themselves to information that either reaffirms their conclusions and assumptions or is within their comfort zone, if they are even seeking out information at all.

RicPTmc

MBTI Type
DNA
Instinctual Variant
sx
Salome should takeit easy.. i know he?/she? is on the right place to elaborate about stuff, but... like.. Relax! fgs. lol

On topic...

INTP that is in a Ti-Si look will engage a INTJ for sake of competition ego and lose or get confused DE-estabilized by the INTJ spitefulness and pride for being more of a doer than a thinker, they are even more fluent when speaking (which is a physical human body expression, that is Real in fact - not of mind only - they do that a lot more than INTP's, so thats actual real superiority from that perspective since, overall they are "more-physical" beings) .

I think that the INTJ mastermind - as what is being assumed perceived to be... meaning.. INTJ is a highly overrated.. "type" - is something that does not really exist. It is a fantasy hidden below logical incoherencies. which can become an art, similar to how ENTP have fun at the expense of others.
So... if there was a INTJ that was really a mastermind then he would be that guy from the movie "Limitless when he is high".

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When you are capable of constructing coherent sentences in English, then feel free to give me advice (which I will in all likelihood, ignore) until then, STFU.

Ah, the contradiction wasn't contained within that statement, but in conjunction with another. I would argue that one could easily acquire information on a great variety of topics from fewer sources (which I think is what he meant), although when he says "to confine themselves to a certain area," it seems to imply that they confine themselves to a certain topic of study, which would contradict "INTPs' information has more variety". I'd like to hear [MENTION=14757]Doctorjuice[/MENTION] clarify what he meant.
And I don't care. But then I don't need anyone else to tell me how I differ from an INTJ (or how I don't) :shrug:

As for my statement regarding your inclination to assume someone is ignorant, I stand by it. Written word over the internet is hardly definitive evidence, and we aren't all as concise or accurate in our speech. When something isn't adequately explained, it can often lead to false impressions.
The irony is, you're assuming I'm assuming something. Without any supporting evidence. Lol.
You are perhaps reflecting upon your own failing?
Well, since he is known as "the stupid one," it's a pretty safe bet to assume that he's stupid. No?

Of course you weren't being serious. You were just being stupid. I get it. I don't have to enjoy your shtick though. It bores me at least as much as mine bores you. The moral of the story is, perhaps you should refrain from constantly expressing your opinion (of me) so odiously, or else stop complaining about the consequences. Entirely in your hands.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
The irony is, you're assuming I'm assuming something. Without offering any supporting evidence. Lol.
You are perhaps reflecting upon your own failing?

Quoted with my own edit. Should you wish, I can go over your past posts and explain to you why I said what I did. Having seen you around the forum, I have developed a perception of you that strongly suggests you err on the side of "fuck these idiots" more often than you put forth the effort to seek clarity. It is true, though, that I cannot know what your true intentions are. Perhaps you respond in those ways to evoke in someone a strong defense of his/her argument, in your own way acquiring clarification. However, my guess is that you don't really care to know my reasons; I'm offering them up as a courtesy nonetheless.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
int4.jpg