• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ vs INTP

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I commented:
I like how it all connects together. So you also have Interaction Styles, where INTP is "informative" and INTJ is "directive" (another reason why INTP's are a bit "softer"). This does connect to the functions, as introverted iNtuition when preferred is always directive, and extraverted iNtuition is always informative. Introverted Feeling is also always informative when preferred, but in the unpreferred position of tertiary, it supports the always directive extraverted Thinking!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It seems based on this vid like INTJs are more open minded, as in they gather more information before coming to conclusions, whereas INTPs are more logical, basing the valadity of an idea on some preconceived internal framework, of course I could have interpreted the vid incorrectly. INTJs also seem to be more stone hearted yet abstract, whereas INTPs seem softer yet more precise and less detailed.

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
I commented:
I like how it all connects together. So you also have Interaction Styles, where INTP is "informative" and INTJ is "directive" (another reason why INTP's are a bit "softer"). This does connect to the functions, as introverted iNtuition when preferred is always directive, and extraverted iNtuition is always informative. Introverted Feeling is also always informative when preferred, but in the unpreferred position of tertiary, it supports the always directive extraverted Thinking!

I did not realize you were on youtube! Anyway, I have not studied interaction styles at all.

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
It seems based on this vid like INTJs are more open minded, as in they gather more information before coming to conclusions,

Well, yes and no. Like I said during the Ni vs Ne part of the video, INTPs are less focused with a broader scope whereas it is reversed with the INTJs. However, INTJs have generally gathered more information than INTPs (just because their perceiving function is dominant), just this information is more "specialized" so to speak (Does that make sense?).

whereas INTPs are more logical, basing the valadity of an idea on some preconceived internal framework

I would say that's about right.

INTJs also seem to be more stone hearted yet abstract, whereas INTPs seem softer yet more precise and less detailed.

Yeah, I would say so, though I'm not sure about the less detailed part.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did not realize you were on youtube! Anyway, I have not studied interaction styles at all.
And you'd never know that was me, as I don't have any type-related videos up. (I discuss type purely through writing, so have not used YT for that).
Interaction Styles use I/E and another factor, called directing/informing (which is basically T/F for S's and J/P for N's). So the "styles" are EST/ENJ, IST/INJ, ESF/ENP and ISF/INP.

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
And you'd never know that was me, as I don't have any type-related videos up. (I discuss type purely through writing, so have not used YT for that).
Interaction Styles use I/E and another factor, called directing/informing (which is basically T/F for S's and J/P for N's). So the "styles" are EST/ENJ, IST/INJ, ESF/ENP and ISF/INP.

Oh, I see. It does connect. From what you said, it seems based off the functions?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Basically,
Te, Ni always directive;
Fi, Ne always informative;
Se, Si, Ti, Fe, can go either way, depending on the other preferred function.
When those last four are together (SeTi, SiFe), then it's the rule for S's: S+T=directive, S+F=informative.

Of course, E/I are determined by which of those functions is dominant.

As for whether this is based on the functions, most would probably assume so. But I once proposed an idea where the temperament and Interaction styles factors were the underlying basis instead:
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...cs/36880-types-neurological-binary-codes.html

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
Basically,
Te, Ni always directive;
Fi, Ne always informative;
Se, Si, Ti, Fe, can go either way, depending on the other preferred function.
When those last four are together (SeTi, SiFe), then it's the rule for S's: S+T=directive, S+F=informative.

Of course, E/I are determined by which of those functions is dominant.

As for whether this is based on the functions, most would probably assume so. But I once proposed an idea where the temperament and Interaction styles factors were the underlying basis instead:
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...cs/36880-types-neurological-binary-codes.html

I'll be sure to check that out.

Ni is directive? I wouldn't have guessed. Also shouldn't Fe be directive since it always pushing forth a value judgement?

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's pretty good, maybe some more real world examples would help newer people to typology though, such as how Te and Ti arrive at different conclusions. I think youtube descriptions on Ni are the fewest out of the lot so it's good this is up, thanks.

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
I think it's pretty good, maybe some more real world examples would help newer people to typology though, such as how Te and Ti arrive at different conclusions. I think youtube descriptions on Ni are the fewest out of the lot so it's good this is up, thanks.

Yep, you're probably right. I need to work on coming up with real world examples...

R

Riva

LOL!

SPOILER:
...But eventually loses in the end.

That's because what Kira wanted was much larger than what L wanted.

L wanted to catch someone.
Kira wanted to change the whole world.

Who has a higher chance of failing one should wonder?

Anyway what I'm trying to imply is that INTJs tend to aim high whereas INTPs tend to mentally masturbate more, so the chances of failing are less ;).

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll be sure to check that out.

Ni is directive? I wouldn't have guessed. Also shouldn't Fe be directive since it always pushing forth a value judgement?
It's Feeling, which lends to people-focus (what "informing" is an example of). However, since it is an extraverted Judgment, it will always include a measure of both people and task focus. So it can be directive + motive focus (NFJ's), or informing + structure focus (SFJ's). Where directive/informative is apart of Interaction Style, structure/motive is sort of a parallel people/task dimension for the Keirsey temperaments. Basically, both dimensions will tie to T/F or J/P, depending on S/N.

Ni is N+J, and for N's, J/P is tied to directive/informative (T/F is structure/motive, and J/P is structure/motive for S's), so Ni preferring types end up all being directive.
Makes sense, because Ni perception will tend to leave less room for openness, in total contrast to Ne, of course.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
This has got to be one of the most accurate and lucid descriptions of the differences between INTJs and INTPs that I've ever seen.

[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] [MENTION=5143]Salomé[/MENTION] [MENTION=825]ygolo[/MENTION] [MENTION=10251]Red Herring[/MENTION] [MENTION=921]lowtech redneck[/MENTION] [MENTION=325]EffEmDoubleyou[/MENTION] [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] [MENTION=1449]Magic Poriferan[/MENTION] [MENTION=294]The Ü[/MENTION] [MENTION=6723]phobik[/MENTION] [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] [MENTION=4131]SmileyMan[/MENTION]

Thoughts?

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I put my money on the INTP.

The INTJ is more likely to get boxed in by the traditional uses of potential weapons while the INTP is more likely to just grab a nearby glass and smash it over the INTJ's head, then picking up a shard and cutting them up.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait... I think I misunderstood the purpose of this thread :shock: