User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: INTJ vs INTP

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Under the INTPs dire need to classify things into definative categories and bring deadly precision into arguments, I could see why arguments such as artificial labels like stupid would convince you. It's just how you INTPs are wired.

Don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing, it's just not how I think, so naturally we're going to have some confrontations and clashes.

Of course, I say this all the time, but bring it on. I love a good fight!
    @RaptorWizard dang you Ss always take me to darn seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I guess that means you concede and I won!

Should you wish to re-enter the competition though, I would be a happy participant, as a hard-fought battle always brings more honor than an easy win.

MBTI
    FREE

I guess that means you concede and I won!

Should you wish to re-enter the competition though, I would be a happy participant, as a hard-fought battle always brings more honor than an easy win.
    I'm going to assume that you're stupid for saying this. Please see my posts above for added effect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Hilarious miscommunication is hilarious.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Obviously deliberate miscommunication is bad comedy.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I would argue that one could easily acquire information on a great variety of topics from fewer sources (which I think is what he meant), although when he says "to confine themselves to a certain area," it seems to imply that they confine themselves to a certain topic of study, which would contradict "INTPs' information has more variety". I'd like to hear @Doctorjuice clarify what he meant.
    I was mostly referring to INTPs when they are not at their best. Having Ti as their dominant function, they will find themselves wanting to cut off incoming information a lot of the time. Sometimes, the opposite of this occurs when the INTP will actively seek out new information because they don't have the necessary information at hand to solve the problem (or answer a question, or achieve some sort of goal). They don't want to continue in this state forever and will always want to go back to an equilibrium state where information isn't so readily coming in. An INTP in a bad state shows an extreme case of this in which they don't want to take in hardly any information, and the information they do want to take in will be limited to that which reaffirms previously made assumptions or conclusions. They will want to confine themselves to their comfort-zone. I think every INTP must've experienced this bad state sometime in their life. One personality website calls it "being stuck in a rut". Other people say this is a Ti-Si loop. I am undecided on my opinion of the validity of dominant-tertiary loops, btw.

These traits I mentioned also apply to ISTPs, at least to some degree.

An INTP in a good state will take little hesitation in seeking out new information when they need to but also be able to recognize when it is time cut off the flow of incoming information and reflect.

When an INTP does actively seek out new information in a healthy way, they will do so in an "absorb-all" sort of way, being non-selective for the most part.

Notice all of this boils down to whether the INTP is using Ne in a healthy way or an unhealthy way. For the healthy way, the INTP is truly trying to expand their perspective. For the unhealthy way, the INTP is confining themselves to information that either reaffirms their conclusions and assumptions or is within their comfort zone, if they are even seeking out information at all.

MBTI
    DNA
    Socionics
    so

Salome should takeit easy.. i know he?/she? is on the right place to elaborate about stuff, but... like.. Relax! fgs. lol

On topic...

INTP that is in a Ti-Si look will engage a INTJ for sake of competition ego and lose or get confused DE-estabilized by the INTJ spitefulness and pride for being more of a doer than a thinker, they are even more fluent when speaking (which is a physical human body expression, that is Real in fact - not of mind only - they do that a lot more than INTP's, so thats actual real superiority from that perspective since, overall they are "more-physical" beings) .

I think that the INTJ mastermind - as what is being assumed perceived to be... meaning.. INTJ is a highly overrated.. "type" - is something that does not really exist. It is a fantasy hidden below logical incoherencies. which can become an art, similar to how ENTP have fun at the expense of others.
    So... if there was a INTJ that was really a mastermind then he would be that guy from the movie "Limitless when he is high".
    LIFE is the expression of SELF within and as Oneness and Equality

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

When you are capable of constructing coherent sentences in English, then feel free to give me advice (which I will in all likelihood, ignore) until then, STFU.

Ah, the contradiction wasn't contained within that statement, but in conjunction with another. I would argue that one could easily acquire information on a great variety of topics from fewer sources (which I think is what he meant), although when he says "to confine themselves to a certain area," it seems to imply that they confine themselves to a certain topic of study, which would contradict "INTPs' information has more variety". I'd like to hear @Doctorjuice clarify what he meant.
    And I don't care. But then I don't need anyone else to tell me how I differ from an INTJ (or how I don't)

As for my statement regarding your inclination to assume someone is ignorant, I stand by it. Written word over the internet is hardly definitive evidence, and we aren't all as concise or accurate in our speech. When something isn't adequately explained, it can often lead to false impressions.
    The irony is, you're assuming I'm assuming something. Without any supporting evidence. Lol.
    You are perhaps reflecting upon your own failing?
    Well, since he is known as "the stupid one," it's a pretty safe bet to assume that he's stupid. No?
    @Salomé dang you Ns always take me to darn seriously. I pull of a little prank and then you nitpick it in such a boring and literal manner typical of INTP-analysis-paralysis, like you actually expected I was trying to have a logical discussion. I wasn't.
    Of course you weren't being serious. You were just being stupid. I get it. I don't have to enjoy your shtick though. It bores me at least as much as mine bores you. The moral of the story is, perhaps you should refrain from constantly expressing your opinion (of me) so odiously, or else stop complaining about the consequences. Entirely in your hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    The irony is, you're assuming I'm assuming something. Without offering any supporting evidence. Lol.
    You are perhaps reflecting upon your own failing?
    Quoted with my own edit. Should you wish, I can go over your past posts and explain to you why I said what I did. Having seen you around the forum, I have developed a perception of you that strongly suggests you err on the side of "fuck these idiots" more often than you put forth the effort to seek clarity. It is true, though, that I cannot know what your true intentions are. Perhaps you respond in those ways to evoke in someone a strong defense of his/her argument, in your own way acquiring clarification. However, my guess is that you don't really care to know my reasons; I'm offering them up as a courtesy nonetheless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan