User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: INTJ vs INTP

MBTI
    FREE

I find that video offensive on many levels; at least, insofar as an INTP can find anything offensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    INTPs are usually good at spotting inconsistencies and contradictions. You don't appear to be.
    This over-confidence displayed in your own point of view seems more like INTJ-arrogance than INTP-reason.

Once again I must scold the dog a 2nd time, oh boy... BAD INTP!

MBTI
    FREE

Another contradiction.

INTPs are usually good at spotting inconsistencies and contradictions. You don't appear to be.
    Why would that be a contradiction? Let's assume that you had 30,000 liters of piss that you liked to keep in your backyard swimming pool (presumably for recreational purposes /nojudge). Now, let's suppose that your retarded nephew had 10 liters of cola, 10 liters of milk, 10 liters of water, 10 liters of liquid mercury, 10 liters of alcohol, and 10 liters of pig's blood. One could say, as a matter of fact, that you possessed a greater volume of liquid, but that your retarded nephew possessed a greater variety of liquids. Jack of all trades, master of none, etc etc.

Salomé's mind:

"Hmmm, I could assume that he isn't a fucktard, or I can assume that he is. I'm going to go with the latter."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RicPTmc View Post
    video
    That was painful. But a good demonstration of why INTJs like (sycophantic) ENFPs.
    "NFs, you are dumb little bunny rabbits, don't suppose you can outrun the INTJ mastermind! He will catch you in his trap and crush you to death! Just act stupid/evasive/defenceless and you might be spared."
    Was he trying to seduce the INTJ, do you think, or does he just fellate on command? Or was he secretly mocking him? I really, really want it to be that last one.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    This over-confidence displayed in your own point of view seems more like INTJ-arrogance than INTP-reason.
    It's easy to see why someone like you might conflate confidence with arrogance.

You wouldn't know INTP reason if it smacked you about the head repeatedly (which it would be much inclined to do).

BAD INTP!
    Don't you mean bad INTJ?

Do you even know what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Why would that be a contradiction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    INTPs will have a more limited source of information
    INTPs have the tendency to cut themselves off from information, to confine themselves only to a certain area.
    +
    INTPs' information has more variety but less volume.
    con·tra·dic·tion (kntr-dkshn)
    n.
    a. The act of contradicting.
    b. The state of being contradicted.
    2. A denial.
    3. Inconsistency; discrepancy.
    4. Something that contains contradictory elements.

Hope this helps. Like I say, we aren't all equally gifted.
    "Hmmm, I could assume that he isn't a fucktard, or I can assume that he is. I'm going to go with the latter."
    It's not an assumption when it's based on evidence.
    Unlike the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    FREE

Hope this helps. Like I say, we aren't all equally gifted.
    It's not an assumption when it's based on evidence.
    Unlike the OP.
    Ah, the contradiction wasn't contained within that statement, but in conjunction with another. I would argue that one could easily acquire information on a great variety of topics from fewer sources (which I think is what he meant), although when he says "to confine themselves to a certain area," it seems to imply that they confine themselves to a certain topic of study, which would contradict "INTPs' information has more variety". I'd like to hear @Doctorjuice clarify what he meant.

As for my statement regarding your inclination to assume someone is ignorant, I stand by it. Written word over the internet is hardly definitive evidence, and we aren't all as concise or accurate in our speech. When something isn't adequately explained, it can often lead to false impressions. For instance, when someone quotes a single passage that doesn't contain a contradiction and says it's a contradiction, we could assume that she is mistaken and call her a name, or we could ask her why it's a contradiction, provide some reasons explaining our confusion, and wait for her to clarify.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@Salomé dang you Ns always take me to darn seriously. I pull of a little prank and then you nitpick it in such a boring and literal manner typical of INTP-analysis-paralysis, like you actually expected I was trying to have a logical discussion. I wasn't.

I do actually believe you are INTP, but just because you carry that almighty title doesn't mean I have to treat you like you're some kind of rare gift from God. As a matter of fact, INTP is the most common type on this forum, making you just another part of the hive.

MBTI
    FREE

@Salomé dang you Ns always take me to darn seriously. I pull of a little prank and then you nitpick it in such a boring and literal manner typical of INTP-analysis-paralysis, like you actually expected I was trying to have a logical discussion. I wasn't.

I do actually believe you are INTP, but just because you carry that almighty title doesn't mean I have to treat you like you're some kind of rare gift from God. As a matter of fact, INTP is the most common type on this forum, making you just another part of the hive.
    I'm going to assume that you're stupid for saying this. Please see my posts above for added effect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I'm going to assume that you're stupid for saying this. Please see my posts above for added effect.
    Who's more stupid, the stupid one or the one who thinks he's smart enough to label others as stupid?

MBTI
    FREE

Who's more stupid, the stupid one or the one who thinks he's smart enough to label others as stupid?
    Well, since he is known as "the stupid one," it's a pretty safe bet to assume that he's stupid. No?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Under the INTPs dire need to classify things into definative categories and bring deadly precision into arguments, I could see why arguments such as artificial labels like stupid would convince you. It's just how you INTPs are wired.

Don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing, it's just not how I think, so naturally we're going to have some confrontations and clashes.

Of course, I say this all the time, but bring it on. I love a good fight!