User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Default INTP/ESFP duality. General ES favoritism.

I seem to be an ESFP magnet and I read that INTP/ESFPs are duals. They seem like really, really unlikely companions though. Any insight?

Also I seem to have a thing for ESxxs in general. My best friend in ESFJ, my "little brother" is ESTP and my boss/best buddy is an ESTJ. Dated an ESTJ for a really long time and of course all the aforementioned ESFPs.

From what I read there's an idea that NTs tend to stick together or with NF's. Honestly they people I have the most trouble with closest to my type. ENTPs seem very pushy and don't like to actually listen. INFPs are great to talk to about certain things but you constantly have to tip toe around their feelings which can get exhausting.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

I'm afraid that I don't have any experience with these particular types, but I also tend to attract my Socionics dual (ISTP) and I found myself strangely drawn to an IxTP (balances Ne and Se), nd I can also relate to disliking people of a similar type. INFPs annoy me so much, and ENTPs make little sense to me.

EDIT: I'm an ENFp in Socionics, so it works for me.
    Last edited by Chiharu; 07-23-2012 at 12:50 AM.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I seem to be an ESFP magnet and I read that INTP/ESFPs are duals. They seem like really, really unlikely companions though. Any insight?

Also I seem to have a thing for ESxxs in general. My best friend in ESFJ, my "little brother" is ESTP and my boss/best buddy is an ESTJ. Dated an ESTJ for a really long time and of course all the aforementioned ESFPs.

From what I read there's an idea that NTs tend to stick together or with NF's. Honestly they people I have the most trouble with closest to my type. ENTPs seem very pushy and don't like to actually listen. INFPs are great to talk to about certain things but you constantly have to tip toe around their feelings which can get exhausting.
    Duality is a socionics concept, not mbti. And socionics types aren't always straight transfers with mbti (some will be, some won't.. it depends a lot on the socionics subtype and the temperment you identify with, I think). Funnily, your Conflictor and your Dual will be ESFx, if you are INTx. Conflictors will seem like duals sometimes, but they are the worst pairing (theoretically). If you have an ESFJ best friend, then it'd be more likely that you're a socionics INTj - LII. Ti Ne. The INTp is Ni-Te, but temperment wise, I think there can be mixups with MBTI.

It's best to not even think about it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Duality is a socionics concept, not mbti. And socionics types aren't always straight transfers with mbti (some will be, some won't.. it depends a lot on the socionics subtype and the temperment you identify with, I think). Funnily, your Conflictor and your Dual will be ESFx, if you are INTx. Conflictors will seem like duals sometimes, but they are the worst pairing (theoretically). If you have an ESFJ best friend, then it'd be more likely that you're a socionics INTj - LII. Ti Ne. The INTp is Ni-Te, but temperment wise, I think there can be mixups with MBTI.

So Socionics INTp is opposite from MBTI INTP n terms of Ti/Ne?

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    So Socionics INTp is opposite from MBTI INTP n terms of Ti/Ne?
    Read my post. Best not think about it. lol

Just kidding..The "p" and "j" switch is because socionics priortizes the dominant function. Ni leading means "INTp" there. Ti leading is judging, so INTj. But it gets more convoluted - there are subtypes. You could be Te subtype of INTp.. it'd make you noticably different than the Ni subtype. And so on and so forth.

Lastly, temperment. Some people identify with an MBTI type so much because of temperment (EJ, IP, IJ, EP), and might actually be mistyped functionally. They might be INTP in both systems, strictly because of temperment. At least that's what I think.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If your socionics type is INTp then your dual is ESFp. This doesn't mean INTPs and ESFPs are duals.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm SEE in socionics. My ESFJ ex used to always say he was afraid I'd run off with a "nerd" (INTx stereotype) like James Spader in Sex, Lies and Videotape.

Everything makes so much sense now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh wait this doesn't even apply to you. You're an INTP not an INTp. You're supposed to find a nice ESFJ (but usually they say INTPs end up with ISFJs instead).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Read my post. Best not think about it. lol

Just kidding..The "p" and "j" switch is because socionics priortizes the dominant function. Ni leading means "INTp" there. Ti leading is judging, so INTj. But it gets more convoluted - there are subtypes. You could be Te subtype of INTp.. it'd make you noticably different than the Ni subtype. And so on and so forth.

Lastly, temperment. Some people identify with an MBTI type so much because of temperment (EJ, IP, IJ, EP), and might actually be mistyped functionally. They might be INTP in both systems, strictly because of temperment. At least that's what I think.

Yeah in Socionics I'm an SEE...but I'd be an Fi subtype, which would be more like an Fi dom amirite? Then they have all these lists of people you're supposed to get along with in a particular way, and I'm not especially buying it.

However, I would be romantically/sexually an Aggressor in Socionics, and I can see that to an extent in my behavior. But I can also see Infantile.

I can also see where I'd be attracted to both introverted Victims (INTps) but also Caretakers (Si types) ...

And the more I think about it, the more convoluted it seems to me.

For whatever reason I think I project my inferior or my shadow, and therefore think everyone I'm attracted to is either a TJ or an SFJ.

I honestly have the worst time either projecting Te or Fe on to men. 4th/5th functions. There are theories that say we may actually have an "ambivalent" relationship with the inferior (Te in my case, like I either love or hate people with this function, or who I project it on to) and actually idealize the shadow, in my case would be Fe.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yah i have a pretty difficult time identifying with the socionics type descriptions. When i test i most often have the result of INFp though looking through several of the type descriptions (including (SEE) ESFp for good measure) the best fit is ENFp which is my second highest on test results.

I don't identify with the ENFj, INFp, ESFj type descriptions either.

I have not looked further into it though and believe the subtypes may be able to smooth out some creases as i'm not entirely happy with the ENFp (IEE) description, it's just best fit from the options.

Going on the basics my dual would be ISTp (poss ISTJ in mbti or even ISTP) but yeah, subtypes would play into that too.

In reality i'm with a socionics INTp (mbti INTJ).

Oh, just saw this... it really does resonate with me. I was infact talking about exactly this the other night....

""In formal or unfamiliar situations, IEEs typically try at first to appear very organized, controlled, “with it,” and mobilized for action. They hide their usual spontaneity and warmth and put on the controlled, serious mask of a resolute, action-oriented person. They do this to avoid potentially painful criticism from representatives of society at large (i.e. from the strangers they are dealing with). This state of mind is emotionally taxing, and after they are sure the people they are dealing with have accepted them and don’t intend to criticize them, IEEs loosen up and allow themselves once again to be spontaneous, frivolous, friendly, witty, and engagingly enthusiastic about their personal interests."

I do this frequently, i dress formally and am make-up perfect when meeting people or going to job interviews etc the first two or three times, i was describing it as social masking. Thinking i put on the mask of an ISTJ in such situations.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"