• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP/ESFP duality. General ES favoritism.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
We aren't really sure whether he's an INTj or INTp... he hasn't necessarily specified that little detail.

But yeah, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, with the exception of relating to INFp somewhat. I do relate strongly to ISFp, but I only act diplomatic and "in the middle" about things when I get afraid or unhealthy.

I have a question for you, do you relate to ISFp a lot in general, or do you feel that you might relate to that description more when you're depressed, and angry to a point where you feel like imploding? Because in stress SEEs lash out with their Si and Fe. So if the SEE is frequently stressed... he could relate to the SEI description somewhat. That's what was happening to me... I used to go through huge bouts of depression and stress, and didn't really have a way to get through it without just waiting it out. I am perfectly capable of being diplomatic and in the middle of things if I need to be, but it's not really what I want to be doing most of the time. I'm pretty opinionated, and do enjoy taking sides on issues; and feel that you forge bonds with people based on some of these things. I also do really enjoy relaxing and chilling with friends, but that's more of a thing that I do to "tone down" and isn't really my natural drive. My natural drive I feel is to actually be doing things. Too much relaxing makes me crazy. More than one day off at work in a row drives me nuts because there is nothing going on. This isn't SEI at all.

I also am much more aware of Te in my life than Ti. I think you're the same way... Ti is very unconscious and unused for me socionics wise. I do often think about how efficient things are, what the best way of doing something is; but I get really annoyed when I have to think systematically, and follow a specific way of doing things. I'd say it fits you pretty well, a Hidden Agenda Te (which is where Te is at for SEE and IEE).

I can't really say you seem to value much Fe in a socionics sense. You don't seem to enjoy emoting for the sake of it, or that from others. You may be good at picking up on these things and may be comfortable doing it, but that's because Fe would be our demonstrative.

Lol the thing about the extreme details is that you need to actually understand ALL of them to understand socionics, and then the relationships start making sense. You have to understand the functions and how they play out. Where you go in stress, how you are in certain situations, etc.

Anyway, yes, I relate a lot to the ISFp description, except I do not look like a bouncing round ball (god forbid I ever have that much of a weight problem) and I am not always the peacemaker. I think the ISFp sounds a lot like me, and I don't mean under stress or while depressed. I don't work well for others, I've been an independent contractor for most of my life.

Of course, always, either on-line and IRL, I am this:

SEEs may be quite faithful and allegiant to those they are close to; however, their relations and emotional reactions towards others may be volatile and lubricious. Though they often aspire to treat everyone with whom they interact in a convivial manner, they may exhibit strong (and often variable) dislike of certain individuals. They may maintain an internal network of certain individuals whom they regard as friends, and others who they regard as jerks or otherwise with some antagonism. They often have little conception of the history of their emotional reactions towards others; they may be inimical and perncious one day, while incognizant of the conflict on the next.

I tend to let things go, get into an argument, and be friendly the next day (or the next week) and I don't tolerate people I don't like well. Of course the ISFp description also said ISFp's don't like being around people they don't like, and their natural charm will disappear and their speech will become unintelligeble ...and yes, I can sound like I'm either really boring or cruel around someone I don't like.

To me, I seem something like the SEE or SEI rather than the ESI ..who, as I said, sounds more like an MBTI ISFJ, sounds a lot like JTG, and he said so himself, I'm not the one just saying that about him.

I just took the test and it it said SEI lol....but that SEE is 90 percent as likely...and it also says "at her worst, the SEI can become highly emotional, and these emotions can become very volatile--changing quickly from happiness to sadness to anger within minutes. Furthermore, these volatile and strong emotional states will be shared freely with those around her--to either their pleasure or detriment."

And that's true.

I do like to do things, but I can certainly stand multiple days off of work...I don't identify with you saying you can't stand more than one day off of work, that sounds like my ESFJ friend, she runs herself to death, and she says it's to avoid thinking, and she's aware that she probably needs therapy because she will "do" until she drops...I think she's an Enneagram 3.

I also read the thing about being Merry or whatever, and I think I might be a Merry quadra, more childish. I also relate to this aspect of the Socionics Fe

Even after explosive arguments, these types find it hard to hold grudges, and can tolerate people they (in principle) don't like, as long as the situation is primarily social and doesn't require too close contact. They prefer misgivings to be out in the open; they believe that the silent treatment is one of the worst things you can do to a person, and only aggravates the underlying problem.

I don't know, though, I don't understand Socionics that well, not as well as you do.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alright, now I don't feel so weird anymore.

Anyway, duality is sort of a fantasy. Opposites don't attract, it's just not how things play out in real life. People want to associate with other people of similar intelligence and socio-economic status. The more differences there are, the more potential exists for trouble. Duality gives us unrealistic expectations from people that are completely different from ourselves.

This actually makes it sound more enticing than repugnant. I'm wondering how the world balance would be affected if everyone did indeed end up with their dual. hmm.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your outspokenness, as well as your values on hustling/go getter-ness (lol.. in yourself or in others) would point more to Se and Te quadra. That doesn't mean ISFPs are necessarily Se in socionics though. In your ISFP stereotype thread, the "Sofia Coppola" and the couch potato would more easily fit an Alpha SF, ISFp. They're the more artsy/hippy/diplomatic types. They're also still Te inferior... or Te Polr. Which more or less means oblivious to using that type of information. Not merely bad.

Well the descriptions I read made it seem like the Socionics ISFp uses their T function to be an avid collector of information, to gain knowledge (hence that bit about reading many newspapers in the holistic description) and yes that is me, I tend to call myself a fact collector so that I can have discussions, I don't feel I can properly have discussions without knowing facts, my mother even calls me "walking encyclopedia"...however, I am more theoretical or opionated than some types, it all starts with the external collection. This was the mistake I was making initially with MBTI, thinking that if I am capable of being theoretical at all I must be an N, but actually I go from S (external facts or events) to theories or whatever about those facts, secondary, which seems more like Se/Ni in the Jungian sense.

But in Socionics it makes it sound like this is what ISFp uses ...their...Ti? ...for?? I guess. I don't know.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I test originally as INTJ for Myers Briggs and ILI in socionics. But after reading up on types I'm very, very much an INTP. But from what you guys are saying about socionics I'm totally lost. Ti is definitely my dominant function followed by Ne.

Also I'm female. Not that it matters. Though it is interesting that everyone thinks I'm male.

Ah sorry about the confusion.

But also, in socionics Ti and Ne are defined differently. So yeah. Your MBTI type's dominant function doesn't matter much there.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Going back to the op, I've had a tendency towards esfps myself.

In my opinion, I attract that type because they see complexity.

And I'm attracted to that type because they seem simple.

They live life whimsically. They enjoy it. It's refreshing...just being in their presence. They're surprisingly smart...maybe not academically (though they can be), just life wise. They prioritize wonderfully. They have the ability to draw me out. How can I be worried about life when they're just living it for what it is?

The problem with other nts and nfs is that they'll complicate everything.

And they help emotionally. They can simplify a concept really easily...point out the flaws. It's strange, but I like it.

Very lovely people.

xisnotx

Permabanned

They live life whimsically. They enjoy it. It's refreshing...just being in their presence. They're surprisingly smart...maybe not academically (though they can be), just life wise. They prioritize wonderfully. They have the ability to draw me out. How can I be worried about life when they're just living it for what it is?

And they help emotionally. They can simplify a concept really easily...point out the flaws. It's strange, but I like it.

Very lovely people.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
As an SEE, I dream of victimizing a cute little ILI, batting him around like so much prey before going in for the kill.

My wants are simple, my needs are few.

I win, or you get it.

Ah, yes, simple.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESFP is my least favorite type, as in they are mindless marching minions of pop culture, and INTP is my 2nd favorite type, them having unparalleled logical skills, and ISTP is my favorite, since they do what they want when they want and how they want regardless of the social heirarchy.

wolfy

awsm
ESFP is my least favorite type, as in they are mindless marching minions of pop culture, and INTP is my 2nd favorite type, them having unparalleled logical skills, and ISTP is my favorite, since they do what they want when they want and how they want regardless of the social heirarchy.

Were you here when Kingfisher was around? He went from istp to esfp. Would your opinion of him change? What is your opinion of the awsm type? Just curious how all that goes.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Were you here when Kingfisher was around? He went from istp to esfp. Would your opinion of him change? What is your opinion of the awsm type? Just curious how all that goes.

ESFPs are fools, and any ISTP who wants to be an ESFP is a disgrace to ISTPs.

wolfy

awsm
ESFPs are fools, and any ISTP who wants to be an ESFP is a disgrace to ISTPs.

I am esfp. We should have a Who is the biggest fool battle.

Mr._T_HS_Yearbook.jpg

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well it looks like I really am a fool after all, since it takes fools like me to recognize other fools, and if other fools are ESFP, and I am a fool, maybe I really am ESFP! Wow your conversion statement was prophetic [MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION] !

edit - jar jar intp LOL

wolfy

awsm
Well it looks like I really am a fool after all, since it takes fools like me to recognize other fools, and if other fools are ESFP, and I am a fool, maybe I really am ESFP! Wow your conversion statement was prophetic [MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION] !

I get that a lot.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
btw I don't get how Jar Jar was INTP, because that would make him the same type as Yoda and ALbert Einstein. Well you have to admit they were all very absent-minded, though Jar Jar does not really strike me as a professor!
128781040910619477.jpg

edit - intp is after all the absentminded "professor" though jar jar half fits the bill. enfp maybe?

wolfy

awsm
btw I don't get how Jar Jar was INTP, because that would make him the same type as Yoda and ALbert Einstein. Well you have to admit they were all very absent-minded, though Jar Jar does not really strike me as a professor!
128781040910619477.jpg

Maybe he was entp, there is certainly Fe there, though poorly developed. Poor awareness of your annoying behavior is a key indicator of poorly developed Fe.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Very lovely people.

I feel like they pay pickup on things that other people don't too, like more subtle jokes I might make or when I'm upset about something. I feel like get the reputation of being dumb but they have an eerie ability to understand exactly what I'm thinking/feeling which I've never experienced with another type. As an INTP i have the tendency to be overly calculated in my socially interactions and I feel like they cut right through it. I don't typically feel "caught off guard" or as surprised by other types.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If your socionics type is INTp then your dual is ESFp. This doesn't mean INTPs and ESFPs are duals.

What people don't seem to understand is MBTI and Socionics are two different systems. Your MBTI type may not necessarily be the same letters as your socionics type.