User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: differences between INTP and INFP?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    For real though, INTPs have dominant introverted thinking which makes them hyper-logical and constantly analyzing situations. Then have the tendency to bury their feelings because they aren't rational and they have difficulty expressing themselves to people. INFPs have dominant introverted feeling which means their emotions have a lot of sway over their actions. They are idealistic and compassionate and like caring for others. They tend to see things as good versus evil with no middle ground and are very concerned with being good. I think INTPs feel worthless when they feel incompetent, INFPs feel worthless when they feel like they have morally compromised themselves.
    This would make me an INTP then, since im much more concerned with incompetence than I am with compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post

INTP - someone who must make sense of things. there is a natural law behind everything that can eventually be figured out. doing this and thinking about what could be made from it all, is often satisfying
    Heh that describes me perfectly, im always trying to understand how MBTI fits in with the systems of the world....or rather just fits in general. When I take it apart in my mind it often falls down flat on it's face....but from what I can gather the closest thing to sense I can make of it is that it puts definition to readily observable traits in humans and even then it is shakey.

But of course no one would ever consider thinking for me, beyond one or two people on this forum. Is the problem with the theory or the perception of the theory? Or can the theory ever stand on it's own in the first place?

However I will admit I am overall far more concerned with value drives than logical based ones. But what I apply my values to are far removed from what people would stereotypically think, (ho ho ho), a feeler, (especially an introverted feeler), would apply their values to. Nevertheless im still a feeler.

Cognitive function wise the two types in question are fairly different...

I imagine both an INFP and an INTP would get on each others nerves to some extent, probably because of the shadow functions, but hey we are individuals here and exceptions will obviously exist.

Interestingly enough to my mind, thinking and feeling often cause more division than intuition vs sensing as is so often touted.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Banned Array
    5w6 sx/so

INTP has greater mastery of mind to focus their willpower upon controlling nature.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

I guess this thread confirms I'm more INTP.
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good

Senor Membrae Array Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I guess this thread confirms I'm more INTP.
    I guess it's good to look away from the stereotypes too, lots of people think they have to be like ___ to be xxxx.

I just found two vidyas one of an INTP and the other, INFP. Notice how much more focused and deliberate the INTP comes off to compared to the INFP. the INFP is also much more emotionally in tune and goes on about values, what she likes and such..

Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~