• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How old were you when you first heard about Myer-Briggs and, how old are you now?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
27, and I'm now 55.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I found out because of a test my high school made me take when I was 14. I'm now 20. The entire thing was somewhat hilarious. They forced us to take the test before we could choose courses and then we had a homeroom where we were given a handout with about a paragraph on each type and that was it. My mother seeing my test results is the only reason I understand anything about MBTI.

madhatter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
About 20, 21 maybe. Now I'm 24.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was 14, and I'm going to be 22 very soon.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I was 14. I am now 36.

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm pretty sure it was the end of 2006 or the beginning of 2007. I was 30 then and will be 36 in 2 days.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All I knew back then, was from the discussion my father gave one time about introversion and extroversion. And then, I noticed among the extroverts, that some were more light and airy, and others were more serious. For introverts, it was harder to tell the difference. He also discussed "head" vs "heart" another time. And he favored "concrete" reality over too much "abstraction".

When you mention some extroverts being light and airy while others are more serious you must mean the difference between EPs and EJs.

Back on topic, I was about 22, now going on 27, roughly five years with the knowledge of being a INTP.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was thinking the difference between Sanguines and Cholerics (or ENP's or ENJ's; or also EST's or ESF's).

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I was 16. I'm 17 now. It hasn't even been a full year yet.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gosh darn it I knew the theory when I was 8 which is before anybody here who commented because my parents knew the theory lol ya I grew up with MBTI!

Crafter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Been into psychology since high school but only found out about MBTI and enneagrams around 2-3 years ago. I'm 33.

R

Riva

17 when I 1st did the test which was given to 'us' by a visiting principal. (Didn't learn about it MBTI at that age though.)
20 when I did the test again and this time I learned about MBTI.
24 Now.