• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Uniformity vs Mix n Matching

KDude

I can't think of a good title for this. I have this "quirk" where I like uniformity in things I possess or design. For example, I don't take a Frankenstein approach to setting up a computer. I might use entire suites of software or hardware from the same company, thinking they work together well. I get a little OCD about fitting new parts on things too.. like I might just get a part from the brand that made the whole machine. If I don't, the design of the other brand or contours of it (or something) starts nagging at me, even if the fittings connect. Or if I have a vintage guitar, I don't want some high tech looking case to put it in. I want something that fits the motif.

Anyways, my question is what, if any, function might be responsible for this? It doesn't seem SP-like. I wonder if SPs would more careless, just focus on the action or utility something accomplishes..

R

RDF

I can't think of a good title for this. I have this "quirk" where I like uniformity in things I possess or design. For example, I don't take a Frankenstein approach to setting up a computer. I might use entire suites of software or hardware from the same company, thinking they work together well. I get a little OCD about fitting new parts on things too.. like I might just get a part from the brand that made the whole machine. If I don't, the design of the other brand or contours of it (or something) starts nagging at me, even if the fittings connect. Or if I have a vintage guitar, I don't want some high tech looking case to put it in. I want something that fits the motif.

Anyways, my question is what, if any, function might be responsible for this? It doesn't seem SP-like. I wonder if SPs would more careless, just focus on the action or utility something accomplishes..

Sounds like Se. That would be your Auxiliary, of course. You’re analyzing features and qualities of the things around you and aggregating them into distinct and separate categories. See this post where I described Si in much the same way: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56984&p=1907652&viewfull=1#post1907652

The only difference between Se and Si is that you’re doing it with features out in the world instead of in a laboratory inside your head.