User Tag List

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Default Anxiety Disorders and Typing

I tried to do a search to see if this would be an annoying repeat threat, but didn't find anything in the first 10 pages of the search results!

I am new at this whole MBTI typing thing, so I've been trying to do some research into it. I am having difficulty figuring out whether I should be focusing on my personality as a child or as an adult. Beginning as a teen I began to develop anxiety disorders. I have general anxiety, complete with panic attacks, OCD, and social anxiety. Obviously this has created a lot of contrast in what I would consider to be my basic personality traits at different times in my life.

I just wanted to know how you all approach typing someone who has anxiety disorders or other conditions like depression or bipolar disorder. I am also interested in how you would type someone who has gone through traumatic life events.
    ( . )( . )

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

It's difficult because there is the likelihood that you adopted functions as a child that were not your natural or innate functions. Function tests and MBTI are a good place to start, but you will have to take results with a grain of salt, basically. It might be hard to find your best fit personality-type-wise because the real you might be buried a bit. Have you thought about trying to find the real you? The one buried under the trauma?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    It's difficult because there is the likelihood that you adopted functions as a child that were not your natural or innate functions. Function tests and MBTI are a good place to start, but you will have to take results with a grain of salt, basically. It might be hard to find your best fit personality-type-wise because the real you might be buried a bit. Have you thought about trying to find the real you? The one buried under the trauma?
    It has been my mission for years! It's extremely frustrating. It's like trying to outsmart myself.
    ( . )( . )