12 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Default Introverts as tuning forks

I wonder how my introvert brethren and sistren would process the idea of introverts as sort of a bellwether of experience. I think introverts tend to have much more highly interconnected brains than extraverts and this makes them very sensitive to changes in stimuli in real time. Also, it explains their intelligence and tendency to feel overwhelmed in situations that others find normal. I can provide links to information supporting these correlations if you wish, but I'm much more interested in hearing how you experience things subjectively.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

not following you.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I guess I see the introvert personality as being much more sensitive to experience. Noticing details, textures, moods, etc moreso than the corresponding extravert type. I also think their processing of experience tends to be more integrative.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Not all extroverts. I know I am pretty oblivious of changes in my surroundings unless I actively work to pay attention. Also I'm much less likely than my ESFJ friend to notice the passin of time or my own discomfort/physical needs.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

well, i can sure tune any instrument, so i pretty much am a tuning fork, if that's what you mean..
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Only INTPs because they have Ti-Ne?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I wonder how my introvert brethren and sistren would process the idea of introverts as sort of a bellwether of experience.
    I think extraverts have a lot more different experiences than I do. They get out and around more.

I think introverts tend to have much more highly interconnected brains than extraverts
    I doubt this is true.

and this makes them very sensitive to changes in stimuli in real time.
    Sensitivity is relative to your instrument. My Se is weak, so I'm pretty insensitive to my environment in some ways.

Also, it explains their intelligence and tendency to feel overwhelmed in situations that others find normal. I can provide links to information supporting these correlations if you wish, but I'm much more interested in hearing how you experience things subjectively.
    What situations are you talking about? I guess, being introverted, we're just going deeper and expending our energy that way, versus making numerous outward connections.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

I deleted an earlier comment. I'm not really following either. The only time I might be weirded out by extroversion is heavy doses of Fe and expressiveness (more specifically, expectations of it). I don't have any overwhelming impressions of my senses. Unless it's obviously dangerous, but even then, you might not notice. I'll play it off until I gtfo. I might think some things around me aren't worth going along with, but that's being critical. Not sensitive. I know how other people are seeing things. I'm not sensing things differently. I'm just judging them differently.

Ginkgo

The dynamics of the dominant introvert function begin from the inner-world, progress to the outer-world, and end in the inner-world, full circle. Therefore, our relationship with the environment is entirely partial. We are not accustomed to it because we are used to the comfort of our inner-control seats. Of course the following example is an exaggeration, but imagine if you were to walk through life with one eye shut and the other eye looking through the tube of a toilet paper roll. Before a flying object hit you from your blindspot, you would be completely unaware, but once it hit you, you would be hyper-aware of your reaction to it compared to someone who was prepared to catch it. Let's say the person who is extraverted is prepared to catch it; they would be less aware of their reaction to it because they were engaged beforehand.

Not sure if this relates, but maybe it's pertinent.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Well, subjectively, I'm pretty oblivious to my surroundings unless I force myself to tune in, but that's only when I'm comfortable and there doesn't seem to be a need to be super alert.

To be honest, though, I don't think I'm any more sensitive than an extroverted would be.

I'd like to know what you mean by 'normal,' though. Depending on the context, it can mean a few different things - each of which have different implications.