• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Famous people/characters in tertiary loops

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
So the concept of tertiary loops is pretty new to typology. I think that a lot of people (including myself) often have trouble visualizing what certain tertiary loops look like. So in order to help myself and other people understand what tertiary loops look like, let's think of some famous people/characters in tertiary loops.

Here are some examples I believe:

-Stan Smith from "American Dad"- An ENFP or ESTJ in an Ne/Te tertiary loop.
-Michael Scott from "The Office"- An ENFP in an Ne/Te tertiary loop.
-Peter Griffin from "Family Guy"- An ENTP in an Ne/Fe tertiary loop. (Not so sure about this one though. So don't shoot me if I'm wrong.)

Help me think of some more.

KDude

I don't know. Is this Ti-Si?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkMHcHQpwlc]/[/youtube]

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see a lot of characters who seem like they're trapped in Ni-Ti loops, which basically means that they feel sick of having to owe other people and the outside world anything.

There's a character in this obscure movie called The Assassin Next Door who strikes me as an INFJ or ISTP in a Ni-Ti/Ti-Ni loop (I posted about it in another thread).

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
The ISTP protagonist of Taxi Driver--Travis Bickle (Robert De Niro)--is stuck in a horrendous Ti-Ni loop throughout the film. He reactivates his Se by attempting to assassinate a Presidential candidate and when that goes to pot, he savagely murders a group of pimps.

You couldn't make this shit up.

KDude

The ISTP protagonist of Taxi Driver--Travis Bickle (Robert De Niro)--is stuck in a horrendous Ti-Ni loop throughout the film. He reactivates his Se by attempting to assassinate a Presidential candidate and when that goes to pot, he savagely murders a group of pimps.

Yeah, I was going to mention it.

Bickle is also partly based on Dostevsky's Underground Man. I don't think that character is ISTP though. At least I don't want him to be.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I've always thought Stan was an unhealthy ENFP. Haven't really considered it in terms of tertiary loops though.

Yeah, he's in a loop.

Nice example