User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Just a quick update which I might think would be useful in determining her type.

She has been having a meltdown this week. To be fair, it was quite a dramatic incident- her professor who she was pretty close with on a personal level was diagnosed with uterus cancer and had to go into treatment. At the same time, her project which was once supervised by said teacher is due VERY soon and yet the substitute professor sucks/doesn't seem to care. Her project is more than 50% of her yearly mark. Anyways, her emotions:

- does not say anything initially. walked off without a word as soon as the announcement was over. friends call after her telling her to relax. she does not respond or even seem to acknowledge them.
    - did not talk to her friends. Stared into space the entire time we had lunch and sat slightly apart from everyone else.
    - I kinda walked into her crying. She was sitting in the corner of the library and both her hands were clutched tightly onto her mouth so that her sobs were deliberately muffled. She also propped one of her textbooks up on the table so that she looked like she was reading. Naturally, I did not disturb her and just walked away.
    - I tried comforting her later but did not know how to start. I didn't mention that I saw her crying but asked if she was okay. Also, told her I knew about her teacher's sickness. Surprisingly, she smiled at me and said that she was "perfectly fine". She then went on to ask about my day and laughs throughout our conversation. Walks off without the usual light hearted skip though and her laughter was definitely strained.

What type is she?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Also, how would you suggest comforting her? I don't want to take advantage of her sadness (ew! no!) but I really want her to know that she can talk to me yet I don't want to overdo it so I seem nosy? I also want to calm down her.

I plan on:
    - explaining to her that her teacher's cancer is still in its infant state. the teacher is old already (aged 55+) and removing the uterus will not only eliminate the cancer entirely but there is no loss since the teacher cannot reproduce due to her age anyways.
    - telling her that it is okay to be sad. However, she has been like this for the last three days and her project is kind of due in a week. Maybe it'll be more wise to focus on the task at hand?
    - that having a bad substitute in these times is awful but its reality. Rather, she should seek tutors or third year students if she is having trouble?

Are these good ideas? Would I seem like I am "cold hearted"? To be honest, I don't really get how Feeler types react when placed under pressure (but I AM trying to learn). If it was me, I would have cried/shown some kind of emotion quite openly as soon I knew and I'd write a letter to the faculty complaining about the incompetence of the substitute. I would be visibly upset to my friends (nothing like a nice big group hug or at least a pat on the shoulder) but I will try to make the best out of the situation and push through with my project anyways because, like it or not, it has already happened and tears aren't going to change anything.

Thanks peeps.