• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Quasi-Identical relations

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What are your thoughts on the Socionics Quasi-Identical relations? To be honest, I can't say I've had experiences with ISTjs like the this link describes it. I had an ISTj co-worker once, and I did find it odd we felt pretty similar but it took a lot more work to get on the same page than it did with my INTj or INTp co-worker. It was a little baffling, but I didn't feel frustrated or dislike towards him.

However, I do have a few friends that feel -exactly- this way towards a lot of their quasi-identical types. This pretty much summarizes (from my perspective) how my INTp friend feels about a lot of INTjs he comes across:

One partner may think that the other partner complicates simple things and simplifies the important points, trying to deliberately confuse and mislead them.

Thoughts? Have you experienced Quasi-Identical types in mostly a postive or negative way? How have you handled it?

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh ya bb, definitely, I heart labels so much, I don't give two fucks about people or their distinct personality, but just throw me the right typology-bone and I'm all in. :sartre:

No worries, I can relate. I was just teasing :p Obviously this is pretty generalized if I can't relate to the Quasi-Identical thing myself. I was just more curious if other people could relate to it.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One partner may think that the other partner complicates simple things and simplifies the important points, trying to deliberately confuse and mislead them.
Bolded is relevant, the second part is a bit dumb. We can't assume our partners have bad intentions - that would be an enemy, not a partner. :sage:
Anyways, I like (most of) my stubborn INTJ cousins. We sort of speak the same language, so even when I don't agree with them, I still understand them very well. Which is a good first step.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Most of the INTJs I've encountered have broadened my perspective, not trifled with or over-complicated the little things I've already figured out. :p

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think quasi-id would help each person grow more, but I think it can be frustrating a lot of the time too.