User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Ni and Subjectivity

So I understand that Ni is mostly pushing away details to perceive the core idea behind something, the meaning behind the surface appearance. How is this subjective though? I understand how all the other introverted functions are except for Ni.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

No clue...and I have it as an aux...so if you find out let me know ha ha

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Its like when there is a party or a large event, and everyone is having a genuine good time, but you detect something off. All the smiles and dancing aren't forced and no one is on edge, but you detect something awry. You follow your gut with an active receptivity and find that there is a bomb in the birthday cake. Good thing you shrugged off all the placating people who told you that you haven't drunk enough.
    I N V I C T U S

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Its like when there is a party or a large event, and everyone is having a genuine good time, but you detect something off. All the smiles and dancing aren't forced and no one is on edge, but you detect something awry. You follow your gut with an active receptivity and find that there is a bomb in the birthday cake. Good thing you shrugged off all the placating people who told you that you haven't drunk enough.
    Damn.. those thoughts creep up every once in awhile, but I just want to block them out. Some false alarms in the past, I guess. I don't trust my gut enough. I've had to deal with serious shit flying in my face, but I guess I'm OK with that. Outward madness seems more preferential than possible inner madness.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

The submergence of subjective perception in living one's life. Because the Ni user lives in the symbolic aspect, without judgement the life becomes a numerous amount of symbolic entities only understandable to Ni user. It is subjective in the sense that it falls under the perception of the Ni individual.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Perception of perception itself.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

It's like one's own impressions of the core idea. It's more than just what it is, it's about what it represents and means to the person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    So I understand that Ni is mostly pushing away details to perceive the core idea behind something, the meaning behind the surface appearance. How is this subjective though? I understand how all the other introverted functions are except for Ni.
    On the contrary Ni gathers details and interprets them unconsciously. They would constantly ask questions from themselves but unlike INTP would not formulate the answers but would simply let it come to them. Their strength is their ability to wait until the facts present them with an 'aha' moment.

Of course I do realize it was not the question you were asking but had to point out what I have observed of Ni doms when it comes to facts.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I know my Ni is extremely subjective and things that I perceive to be true may or may not be really true. Ni just thinks itself right all the time and mistakes it for objectivity
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I know my Ni is extremely subjective and things that I perceive to be true may or may not be really true. Ni just thinks itself right all the time and mistakes it for objectivity
    Ni conclusions are based on facts (picked by Se) are they not? Ni doesn't try to formulate answers therefore never asks itslef whether 'there is more?' More the facts, better the Ni and it changes its point of view from time to time (easily adaptable) when Se presents Ni with more facts.

So yes it is subj............