User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Default Soulmates: What Are They and Do They Exist?

Hi guys,
    I'm looking for patterns between type and beliefs about soulmates, and I was wondering if you would tell me whether you think there is such a thing as a "soulmate." Does that exist? How do you define a soulmate to begin with? For example, does finding your soulmate mean finding someone who you instantly and deeply understand or finding someone whose love for you is very intense...or both?

Does everyone have a soulmate? Are you destined to find your soulmate or do you have to actively hunt for them?

Obviously, there are no conclusive answers to any of these questions, but I'm curious to hear your musings.

Honor

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    I was wondering if you would tell me whether you think there is such a thing as a "soulmate." Does that exist?
    No.
    -end of thread-

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

#1 - What is up with all the double posts I'm seeing today. Must be something to do with the forum going all wonky.

#2 - I don't believe anything such as a soulmate exists. A "soulmate" is an abstraction that has no bearing in reality.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀
    Likes Ovid liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Sure, why not. Maybe they weren't manufactured for you by some higher power. But, just like you can find a stone that fits with another stone near perfectly, I don't see why you can't find a person who does the same.

I would say no to one specific soul mate in the universe. But I would say that each person is more compatible with some people than others. So one person could have several "soul mates"
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
    Likes Ovid liked this post

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

No. Maybe because I dislike that term.

I do believe that there are people that will almost instantly bond, understand each other well, and have excellent communication between them. Sometimes it happens and love follows. Sometimes it happens and friendship follows. Or both.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I've answered this question before on here... Probably a long time ago tho

Anyway... My whole theory is that we plan out our lives before we come and we plan out certain people to be a part of it.. To teach us certain things or help us in specific ways so my definition of that word is someone your spirit knows and is supposed to share a significant portion of your life with.

There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Anew Leaf

Hi guys,
    I'm looking for patterns between type and beliefs about soulmates, and I was wondering if you would tell me whether you think there is such a thing as a "soulmate." Does that exist? How do you define a soulmate to begin with? For example, does finding your soulmate mean finding someone who you instantly and deeply understand or finding someone whose love for you is very intense...or both?

Does everyone have a soulmate? Are you destined to find your soulmate or do you have to actively hunt for them?

Obviously, there are no conclusive answers to any of these questions, but I'm curious to hear your musings.

Honor
    I definitely have a soulmate as I have two feet. Ba bing boom. (hahahahahah I seriously am laughing as I type this.)

Ok serious face time:

Type: INFP, 4w? SX/SP
    Believe in soulmates: Yes...

I try to be practical about matters of love, but I cannot.

Does that exist?
    I hope so.

How do you define a soulmate to begin with?
    I am probably screwing myself over, but for me it's something I feel like is delegated by parameters that only my future potential self knows. Ultimately, my best bet is that I will just sort of magically know. It would have to be a deep connection on multiple levels of imagination and understanding.

Does everyone have a soulmate?
    I sometimes think the act of embarking on such a journey is the creator of such an end game.

Are you destined to find your soulmate or do you have to actively hunt for them?
    That is the hope, but not the guartantee of life. I sort of think it's like having an eye in your soul constantly watching the heavens for a comet that may or may not pass by, but by gum you better not be searching for a planet at the wrong moment.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I would say not to the Idea of one true love. I see soulmates as someone you share an very natural strong connection with and seem to think in accordance with. Someone that you seldomly need to explain yourself too. I think you can have several soul mates and there doesn't new to be any romantic or sexual component involved.

I don't beilive searching for a soulmate is productive. I don't believe in love at first sight. I have recognized someone as soulmate material within a short period of time though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

fwiw
    Does that exist?
    No.
    How do you define a soulmate to begin with?
    I'll leave that to the NFs.
    For example, does finding your soulmate mean finding someone who you instantly and deeply understand or finding someone whose love for you is very intense...or both?
    It means whatever you want (or don't want) it to mean. It's all in your mind. Hopefully, in the mind of your partner.
    Does everyone have a soulmate?
    No. But if you really believe that, your mind might be able to project a reality that matches the belief. The difference between projected reality and reality itself, which varies from person to person, can lead to big disillusions. But if everything is aligned it can be heaven.
    Are you destined to find your soulmate or do you have to actively hunt for them?
    Neither. But considering destiny is a perfect excuse for inaction, that's easily the worst answer.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------