• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Soulmates: What Are They and Do They Exist?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've heard the theory that deja vu is just your soul recalling your plan. It's like letting you know you're on track.

I like that idea... Not that I think everything is scripted.. I don't.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I recall a thread about what each type seeks and this, something along the lines of:
NT - Mindmates;
NF - Soulmates;
SP - Playmates;
SJ - Workmates (?).
maybe someone can find it. :shrug:

Hey off topic but what was your previous name?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I mean did you have a different name before? Or maybe my brain just isn't on today.. I've already made several mistakes so it's very possible.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I do believe in souls, love at first sight, and that soulmates exist and I believe that a soulmate is most likely a soul that you liked and knew well in a previous life. This is why when we meet our soulmate, we feel like we've known each other forever.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I believe in it too. Realistically its not impossible to find someone, somehow like you. Or an opposite of you, which can complete you. And since unlikely statistics are the most likely to come true, after an old law in engineering, its only more possible. :)

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say no to one specific soul mate in the universe. But I would say that each person is more compatible with some people than others. So one person could have several "soul mates"

I do believe that there are people that will almost instantly bond, understand each other well, and have excellent communication between them. Sometimes it happens and love follows. Sometimes it happens and friendship follows. Or both.

Pretty much this.

The term soulmate seems to imply that there is only one person who was designed to be your soul's perfect match. The one other person who can complete you. I will admit, the idea does appeal to me, very strongly. But realistically, I don't think there is only *one* person who you are meant to be with, and the resulting idea that being with anyone else would mean you're settling for something subpar.
I think that mentality has the potential to leave a person perpetually unsatisfied in their relationships. If you hit a rough patch... maybe the difficulty is because we're actually not soulmates? Maybe I'm with the wrong person? The continual search for an idealized concept.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I believe in it too. Realistically its not impossible to find someone, somehow like you. Or an opposite of you, which can complete you. And since unlikely statistics are the most likely to come true, after an old law in engineering, its only more possible. :)
*looks at recent posts* What? No wait. *clicks*
If you mean that what can go wrong will go wrong okey. But that doesnt make it the most likely occurence. Here you re focusing on likeliness of occurence not whether chaos will overlive order in the long long run as that doesnt apply to people's lifespan or ability to intervene and so on.
Ti protests!

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would say no to one specific soul mate in the universe. But I would say that each person is more compatible with some people than others. So one person could have several "soul mates"

More or less this. I think there are at least a number of people you can or could be extremely compatible with, and if you have that natural bond, and put in the required effort, you could have a soulmate-type bond. But I think it's a somewhat nebulous and probably overly romantic concept.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I recall a thread about what each type seeks and this, something along the lines of:
NT - Mindmates;
NF - Soulmates;
SP - Playmates;
SJ - Workmates (?).

I don't really buy this aspect of Keirsey's theory. The idea of a "mindmate" sounds perfectly sterile to me.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NT - Mindmates;
NF - Soulmates;
SP - Playmates;
SJ - Workmates (?).

I'm actually not as offended by Keirsey as some are, but this sounds like NTs want someone to solve math problems with, NFs want to gaze at each other in a dreamy and pointless manner, SPs want to have hot sex and get drunk together, and SJs want to go to the community association meetings together. It's a bit too...basic.

I'd ideally want some INTERESTING combination of all of those.

Permabanned
I don't really buy this aspect of Keirsey's theory. The idea of a "mindmate" sounds perfectly sterile to me.

I'm actually not as offended by Keirsey as some are, but this sounds like NTs want someone to solve math problems with, NFs want to gaze at each other in a dreamy and pointless manner, SPs want to have hot sex and get drunk together, and SJs want to go to the community association meetings together. It's a bit too...basic.

I'd ideally want some INTERESTING combination of all of those.

Hey, don't hate, I'm just a messenger. :eeep:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
*looks at recent posts* What? No wait. *clicks*
If you mean that what can go wrong will go wrong okey. But that doesnt make it the most likely occurence. Here you re focusing on likeliness of occurence not whether chaos will overlive order in the long long run as that doesnt apply to people's lifespan or ability to intervene and so on.
Ti protests!

yea, you figure that out and I'll go to the female only pijama party tonight to talk about soulmating :)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey, don't hate, I'm just a messenger. :eeep:

wolfy

awsm
Soulmates sounds like bollocks to me. Unless this is what you're talking about...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry to break it to you ladies, but soulmates do not exist.

However, if you want the next best thing, I'm available!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think some people are able to have relationships where they feel their significant other is their soulmate. That's why some people call a bf/gf their soulmate after a month together (and with more than one person [not at one time] ) and some people won't use the term after years together.