• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Soulmates: What Are They and Do They Exist?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm actually not as offended by Keirsey as some are, but this sounds like NTs want someone to solve math problems with, NFs want to gaze at each other in a dreamy and pointless manner, SPs want to have hot sex and get drunk together, and SJs want to go to the community association meetings together. It's a bit too...basic.

I'd ideally want some INTERESTING combination of all of those.

SJs aren't workmates, they're helpmates, which indicates they're more likely to believe in traditional gender roles basically such as I pay the bills and you raise my children, and we help each other in practical ways get through life.

SP playmates may indicate a trend toward SPs not wanting to settle down early, and to play around, I'm not sure that all SPs want to do are screw someone, but SPs may place a lot of importance on sexual compatibility, and may, for example, appreciate having an SJ helpmate partner who grounds them in practical ways...as long as they also are physically compatible and can do activities together. That's what I thought about it, is beyond sex, SPs probably place emphasis on "let's share hobbies/interests/activities" like keeping the relationship going not just through practicalities but through shared ...play. Through sharing their love of sports or film or music or travel, etc.

NF soulmates are self-explanatory, I guess, and the NT mindmate would be someone they could have intellectually stimulating convos with.

I personally do not believe in soul mates, but I do believe in sole mates; that is people being both compatible enough and mature enough to make a relationship work long-term.

Soul mates, to my mind, is a silly concept, and it's based in Jewish mythology, and if I get proven wrong someday so be it, but I'm not holding my breath. I think people just may think someone is their soul mate if they feel they are a good match for the long term.

DreamBeliever

I know this is an old post, but I found it interesting.

Yes, I believe in soulmates.

They're your other half. They complete you. You may even know each other from other life times. They're your best friend. They see the real you. It's almost like a dream (or at least that's how I imagine it). They get you on a level that no one else does.

Everyone has them, but that doesn't mean everyone finds theirs. You don't need to search for them. The universe will bring you together.

Ah, soulmates... :wubbie:

Permabanned