User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you good at math?

60. You may not vote on this poll
  • NTP yes

12 20.00%
  • NTJ yes

4 6.67%
  • NFP yes

15 25.00%
  • NFJ yes

7 11.67%
  • STP yes

3 5.00%
  • STJ yes

0 0%
  • SFP yes

2 3.33%
  • SFJ yes

0 0%
  • NTP no

3 5.00%
  • NTJ no

4 6.67%
  • NFP no

6 10.00%
  • NFJ no

3 5.00%
  • STP no

0 0%
  • STJ no

0 0%
  • SFP no

1 1.67%
  • SFJ no

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you good at math?

5w4 so/sx

Default Are you good at math?

Are you good at math?

eating bugs out of hair. Array prplchknz's Avatar

*laughs* no, I ask strangers at resteraunt and bars to help me figure out my tip. if that tells you nothing, i don't know what will
    by @magpie

Yes. And math is good at me.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

No. I can do it, but even the simplest of sums requires me to take out a piece of paper and attempt to work it all out.

Of course the world hasn't got any patience so it doesn't give a fuck about waiting for that.

I hate maths...why does so much of the world run on system I have never had and will never have any affinity for? Wasted so much time and money trying to get better at it and it was all so I could realise what I already suspected; you are who you are and you will never become good at things you are not built for.

ps: Didn't vote sorry, because not sure on type.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

4w5 sp/sx

I'm fine at it, but I don't really need to use much in daily life. I occasionally break out some simple Algebra for my hobbies, but that's as heavy as it gets.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

Math hates me, but when I took several online math courses in college, it actually began to make sense. Just needed to be able to grasp it in my own non-linear way. Still doesn't come easily, so I voted no.

It was the most frustrating subject for me, throughout primary school. My dad was in the Navy, so we moved often. I had no trouble adjusting to anything in school- was in accelerated courses, straight A's.. was given awards for creative writing.. but math.. oh, how we loathed one another. Just when I'd begun to understand another section, I'd be moving somewhere else, & it seemed like many teachers skipped around in the textbook; things just weren't consistent from school to school. This led to a lot of anxiety, confusion.. and frustration when my teachers seemed exasperated with me for not understanding their explanations that they'd simply repeat, versus rephrase or show a different approach. I actually remember one used to use this red marker & actually left an angryface/or several sadfaces on one of my quizzes. I think those early years hindered my future classes in jr/high school, since there was already so much negativity/anxiety associated with it by that point.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Let me count the ways Array HelenOfTroy's Avatar
    7W6 sp/sx

Well, i'm not sure what the benchmark is here...op, care to elaborate?
    Is it just peoples own perspectives of what good or bad is in maths or do you have an actual example to go by.
    I'm not naturally inclined if that is what you are asking...well i'm not drawn to it anyway...
    Though i am actually pretty good at it..if i work at it.
    Basic math i always found quite easy... things compute fairly quickly.
    Advanced math i do not have much experience of but i do grasp concepts quickly and when i have attempted to understand particular areas i could focus and learn without much fuss.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

Math was typically my strongest subject in school. I breezed right through it until I got to higher level mathematics like trigonometry and calculus and then I had to actually study for tests. Still did well in them with some effort. I don't think I ever got below a B in a math class. The only thing I truly found difficult in math was those formal proofs. In geometry we had to prove those theorems and I hated that. I intuitively knew it was true but had a hard time trying to 'prove' it.
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good

I'm terrible at memorization math, I thought math was the worst thing in the world in elementary school.

I like math that you "figure out." I still don't have my tables memorized. I voted yes because I consider higher math real math vs. memorizing addition tables.

insert random title here Array Randomnity's Avatar
    6w5 sp/sx

I think I'm a yes since I did very well in classes and anything written down, but I can't (don't) do math in my head, so things like tips are still annoying.

I kinda thought matrix algebra in undergrad was the coolest thing ever. /nerd
    Never liked calculus much (or any other kind of math) but I could do it when I had to.
    -end of thread-