First 123 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Aha good point about the universe, I was just speculating on an already held theory or idea rather than bringing a new one in I was just adapting an old one.

So might you say that the universe just is...without a beginning and an end then? Just endlessly going? Or is it merely our own perceptions as creatures of temporary existance that leads us to believe in beginnings and ends for all things just as we begin and end? Oh well you can elaborate if you want, it wasnt as if id researched anything, just an idle series of thoughts in passing, I would never ask anyone to trust my ramblings. I wasn't really assuming anything really, I generally dont, mainly it's mere speculation.

As for the disorder I see your point and yeah I was exposed to a lot of cats when younger although I rarely dealt with their poo, then again I wont need to go near a litter tray to pick up such a parasite would I? The cat would be enough. This is what I related to from an article by a man who put forth such an idea called Jaroslav Flegr, although you probably already know who it is:

This is is somewhat true of me, although not entirely.

From the UK NHS website:

See now I dont know what the bolded means, are they saying you are now immune once it goes way, if that is possible, or are they trying to reword something to make it sound more palatable, mainly that in fact once infected, you are never free of it and thus technically you are immune since you cannot be infected by EXACTLY the same parasite?
    The symptoms of toxoplasmosis are not caused by a parasite in the brain, but by the damage it caused. These are called lesions. It's typical of the immune system to fend off an infection after the damage has already been done, and then secondary infection is prevented for life. But I'm assuming that's the case here, as it is with colds and the flu. Damage to the prefrontal cortex leads to impulsiveness. When combined with damage to the amygdala you have cases of amygdalic hijack. This is a term invented by the author of a book on emotional intelligence, and so we're right back where we started.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    The symptoms of toxoplasmosis are not caused by a parasite in the brain, but by the damage it caused. These are called lesions. It's typical of the immune system to fend off an infection after the damage has already been done, and then secondary infection is prevented for life. But I'm assuming that's the case here, as it is with colds and the flu. Damage to the prefrontal cortex leads to impulsiveness. When combined with damage to the amygdala you have cases of amygdalic hijack. This is a term invented by the author of a book on emotional intelligence, and so we're right back where we started.
    Ah right, well im not to know that am I? Thanks for the information.

But when you say impulsive...and I am aware I give that impression with this thread, what do you mean? Because in many ways im extremely self controlled and let very little out unless I want others to see it and then the next I can become overwhelmed in positions of what I consider stressful situations, such as my last job.

Generally I distrust my emotions and see them as an annoying weakness most of the time because they get in the way of rationality, which obviously has nothing to do with either F or T on an MBTI dichotomy as all 4 functions associated with those are rational.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Yes I've seen Jaroslav Flegr in an interview. He claims to have toxoplasmosis based on symptomology. But then he says its presence is really supported by examining groups of people and looking for statistical tendencies.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Ah right, well im not to know that am I? Thanks for the information.

But when you say impulsive...and I am aware I give that impression with this thread, what do you mean? Because in many ways im extremely self controlled and let very little out unless I want others to see it and then the next I can become overwhelmed in positions of what I consider stressful situations, such as my last job.

Generally I distrust my emotions and see them as an annoying weakness most of the time because they get in the way of rationality, which obviously has nothing to do with either F or T on an MBTI dichotomy.
    Explosive behavior occurs as an impulse.

Explosive behavior occurs as an impulse.
    It does...but the points leading up to the explosion could be built upon step by step, it's not like I go shopping and someone drops a wrapper on my shoes and I go batfuck insane on them.

It's more that sometimes I do let things get to me far more than I believe they ought to. I am painting a picture of touchy intensity, but it's more that I actually appear calm and collected but then I let the walls drop, or maybe im being convinced by the opinions of others who believe my tolerance is not high despite the fact that they have not done the jobs or been in the situtations that caused my outbursts in the first place.

Other times it isn't explosive anger so much as frustrated bemusement of others.

Maybe it is merely me overthinking something...
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

It does...but the points leading up to the explosion could be built upon step by step, it's not like I go shopping and someone drops a wrapper on my shoes and I go batfuck insane on them.

It's more that sometimes I do let things get to me far more than I believe they ought to. I am painting a picture of touchy intensity, but it's more that I actually appear calm and collected but then I let the walls drop, or maybe im being convinced by the opinions of others who believe my tolerance is not high despite the fact that they have not done the jobs or been in the situtations that caused my outbursts in the first place.

Other times it isn't explosive anger so much as frustrated bemusement of others.

Maybe it is merely me overthinking something...
    Sounds more like an introverted feeling response.

Sounds more like an introverted feeling response.
    It does doesn't it? The whole me and mine thing? Yet people say I demonstrate strong Fe.

I also seem to have a degree of Se....ESFP?

Anyway that's getting off topic.

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

It does doesn't it? The whole me and mine thing? Yet people say I demonstrate strong Fe.

I also seem to have a degree of Se....ESFP?

Anyway that's getting off topic.
    ENFJ?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    ENFJ?
    Nooooo....topic....offf....wahh.

Besides that's a big heap of Fe.

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Nooooo....topic....offf....wahh.

Besides that's a bit heap of Fe.
    Yay!!!!! (Jumps up and down)
    Lets talk about cookies!!!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.