User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 41

  1. #21
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    How do you settle on the INTP as the balancing point?
    Because if Ti is dominant, it is the center of operation. When INFP mode comes up and Fi shows itself, Ni steps in to sense it and feed it to Ti. Ni balances Fi and Ti. In INTP our information gathering function is Ne. But if you have information coming from within, Fi, you need an introverted perception (information gathering) function. Si also does this in different situations. I actually think I'm more INTJ than INFP.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    How do you settle on the INTP as the balancing point?
    Because it is between INTJ and INFP. Not a very complex reason...

  3. #23
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Cool. I guess I use it a lot then. But probably not more than Ne. Hmm...INTX or INFJ...
    Fi is going to be used most often, assuming a fairly healthy environment, with an extraverted irrational function, Ne or Se. So, it's unlikely that you'd use Ni with Fi very often, because you'd want to naturally defer to your most differentiated function.

    If you got into transcendental states where you were introverting much, then yeah, I could see that your Fi would bend your N to an introverted attitude, but that would again, be more personal, not used to much for your external world or those around you, I'd think.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  4. #24
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Because it is between INTJ and INFP. Not a very complex reason...
    Oh. I get it. I think it's cool.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  5. #25
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    In comparing ourselves, this could mean that we are different types, or it could mean that we are the same type (if you are INTP) and just developed differently and in different life situations. I have had to work to trust my intuition as much as I do. I've always followed it for survival though. Developing my intuition and psychic ability has been part of my Wiccan training. Everyone in our group has had to develop this function. So I'm saying pagans are different from the average person.
    Using that reasoning, I would be an Ni-dominant who lost faith in it somewhere. Because as a child I can remember being very Ni, in that I didn't think NOT to trust my intuition. It wouldn't occur to me not to trust it.

    That's one reason why at one point on this forum I stated I was an INFJ as a child. The response I got here was "you obviously don't understand Jung." Maybe not, but I do have a history, a good memory, and a reason to believe that I was no INTP child. And then I read about the INTP child in LifeTypes and it didn't fit me at all. The INTP child prefers to read books over playing with friends. That was not me. I did like books, I read encyclopedias we had on the shelf. But if friends wanted to play chances were very high that I would switch to that activity.

    When you say you developed your intuition in accordance with Wiccan practices, the question is how much of it did you have beforehand. So that's not something that stands in comparison to my experience, only yours.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #26
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Because if Ti is dominant, it is the center of operation. When INFP mode comes up and Fi shows itself, Ni steps in to sense it and feed it to Ti. Ni balances Fi and Ti. In INTP our information gathering function is Ne. But if you have information coming from within, Fi, you need an introverted perception (information gathering) function. Si also does this in different situations. I actually think I'm more INTJ than INFP.
    I don't really think functions work like that so much myself. I think functions work in pairs rational/irrational:introverted/extraverted.

    But thanks for the explanation.


    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  7. #27
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I think Fe and Ni both do this which is probably people think INFJs may seem almost "psychic" but in truth, according to Jung, it's the SPs (and I think SFPs more than STP) which are more likely to attribute "magical" qualities to their Ni, because as a tertiary or inferior function, it may come across as some kind of poorly understood flash of insight that seems to come from elsewhere, or it may lead to very strong beliefs about knowing the real motives of a person or organization, leading to conspiracy theories or paranoia. I think ISTPs are known to be conspiracy theorists.

    I think this is where Keirsey way oversimplified SPs into believing in "luck" because SPs tend to attribute magical meaning to physical objects, actually projecting meaning on to superstitious things like lucky rabbit's feet or "bad omens" of walking under a ladder, or whatever. This is also why an SPs religious behavior can lean so much toward the pagan or the tribal, because their Ni is so tied to their preference for Se.

    That being said, types with Ni are probably likely to "just know" things (or think they do) and types with Fe are most likely to be able "sense" other people's feelings, for example, and have a heightened awareness of sending and receiving emotion and "reading into" the likes, dislikes, wants, and needs of loved ones...perhaps more than they even know their own.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I don't really think functions work like that so much myself. I think functions work in pairs rational/irrational:introverted/extraverted.

    But thanks for the explanation.
    So when I write TiSi, I'm not literally saying that's my type. It implies that I am INTP and ISTJ. Si works with an extraverted judging function, it doesn't work with Ti.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #29
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Using that reasoning, I would be an Ni-dominant who lost faith in it somewhere. Because as a child I can remember being very Ni, in that I didn't think NOT to trust my intuition. It wouldn't occur to me not to trust it.

    That's one reason why at one point on this forum I stated I was an INFJ as a child. The response I got here was "you obviously don't understand Jung." Maybe not, but I do have a history, a good memory, and a reason to believe that I was no INTP child. And then I read about the INTP child in LifeTypes and it didn't fit me at all. The INTP child prefers to read books over playing with friends. That was not me. I did like books, I read encyclopedias we had on the shelf. But if friends wanted to play chances were very high that I would switch to that activity.

    When you say you developed your intuition in accordance with Wiccan practices, the question is how much of it did you have beforehand. So that's not something that stands in comparison to my experience, only yours.
    Interesting. I don't really know how much of it I had beforehand. I had strong intuition with some psychic ability; I was more developed than the average person, and now I am a lot more. I mean you say you don't really trust it because of your Ti, and I was saying I used to kind of do that as well I think.

  10. #30
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    In comparing ourselves, this could mean that we are different types, or it could mean that we are the same type (if you are INTP) and just developed differently and in different life situations. I have had to work to trust my intuition as much as I do. I've always followed it for survival though. Developing my intuition and psychic ability has been part of my Wiccan training. Everyone in our group has had to develop this function. So I'm saying pagans are different from the average person.
    This makes you sound like an ISxP.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 02:50 PM
  2. Where does the universe end?
    By Riva in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-18-2011, 07:47 PM
  3. [NT] Where does the time go?
    By ReflecTcelfeR in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 09:03 AM
  4. Cognitive functions vs. umm... the other thingy =)
    By /DG/ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 09:57 PM
  5. Where does the introverted/extraverted function difference show up?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 11:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO