User Tag List

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Default Extraverted Intuition: Vehicle of Dreams?

Just had a thought; does Dom/Aux Ne stir an xNxP to make the seemingly impossible possible? Is it the catalyst for their dreams and aspirations? Is this the vehicle that steers them towards their goals?

If this is true, then how would this contrast with an xNxJ? Does Introverted Intuition instead serve as some complex railway map that xNxJs use to help better understand what lies "ahead" of them?

Talk amongst yourselves. I'll be waiting in the wings... *flutters off into the shadows*

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'd definitely say that it creates dreams. I don't think it actually steers us towards them though. I mostly just watch the pretty dreams zooming around the place.
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

It is, or at least from this scheme I envision, Ne and dreams are connected.

Looking at this scheme, it mainly relates to consciousness and ends in unconscious learning.

I wonder if it makes any sense.
    INtj | 9w1

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Oh absolutely, though it's not always very helpful. I have a tendency to see a connection between anything and everything.
    While it serves me well in many circumstances it also sometimes is very difficult to make decisions. Fanning out a deck of cards and having to chose only a few.

I remember some test or other someone started a thread on a couple of years (or so) back on this forum. There were question with pictures and you, the testee, had to decide which pictures were related to each other. I clicked all of them.

But yes hmm ...well... anything is possible. If it can be thought up, it's possible. That's not to say it will be, just that it could.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Oh also to add... there was a vid floating a little while ago with a "Ne" girl in it. She was all flouncy and flowing, could not sit still and full of enthusiasm...she did not stop talking, ping ponging ideas around whilst being very physically animated.

Now you see, i just don't believe every ENFP goes through life being like that the majority of the time. Yes i can get like that but it's not all the time. Why am i saying this?

Ok so maybe in relation to the vehicle idea. You may have the engine running most of the time but you travel at different speeds depending on your destination and all sorts of other variables.

Also those dreams can seem like webs too, when the negative creeps in.

/incoherent ramble.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Oh also to add... there was a vid floating a little while ago with a "Ne" girl in it. She was all flouncy and flowing, could not sit still and full of enthusiasm...she did not stop talking, ping ponging ideas around whilst being very physically animated.

Now you see, i just don't believe every ENFP goes through life being like that the majority of the time. Yes i can get like that but it's not all the time. Why am i saying this?

Ok so maybe in relation to the vehicle idea. You may have the engine running most of the time but you travel at different speeds depending on your destination and all sorts of other variables.

Also those dreams can seem like webs too, when the negative creeps in.

/incoherent ramble.
    xD Perhaps not so incoherent as you may have wagered, "Helen".

For my Ni, it's not so much that I'm constantly daydreaming, but rather that I feel like I'm often disconnected from reality to the point that I'm looking at the world with X-ray vision. Like...my mind is disconnected from my body, looking down on the rest of the earth...

From what I hear in Ne-users, though, it's more like when they disconnect from their bodies when daydreaming, they're looking UP towards the new dreams, and not as much back to earth as an Ni-user?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Ribonuke View Post
    xD Perhaps not so incoherent as you may have wagered, "Helen".

For my Ni, it's not so much that I'm constantly daydreaming, but rather that I feel like I'm often disconnected from reality to the point that I'm looking at the world with X-ray vision. Like...my mind is disconnected from my body, looking down on the rest of the earth...

From what I hear in Ne-users, though, it's more like when they disconnect from their bodies when daydreaming, they're looking UP towards the new dreams, and not as much back to earth as an Ni-user?

Yah ummm... let me try to deliver.

Ok so as a (pretty much) constant, i collect info from all around...often in goes in and i have no idea where it is being stored.
    Things may randomly swing in from all directions trying to hit the target, again i'm not sure where this info has been stored, that's the part i struggle with, the organisational storing side of idea's/info/data.
    But when i am on mission mode i.e interested in a particular project...the focus can become really quite acute and this is when i become particularly animated and yes at this point i can seem quite disconnected from my 'self' and feel more like a conductor on electrical surge. Amazing stuff can happen then, the whole outside the box thinking...and ah! solutions/more idea's/wonderment!!!
    But it can also seem a little crazy (often to myself aswell as to others) as i honestly can not pin down exactly where all this info was hiding out laying in wait for the magic missing piece/s to connect it all.

Well, anyway i think i explained that well, it went well in my head.

EDIT: Oh yes, the dreams and aspirations! They are often created with hopeful expectation and the ability to look into the positive future of most anything.