User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

How can I hurt Fi people most effectively ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Not just about Fi, but how do Fi users differ from Fe users when it comes to anger? More specifically, is there a difference between what angers one compared to the other, and is there a difference in how they express their anger?

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Very well said mister.
    Thank you!

Can you talk to me about how fi is experienced for you as an istj?
    It's really only an issue when something really runs up against my personal values. Like, when I see people being abused or neglected by someone who is tasked with protecting or supporting them, like spouses, parents, bosses, etc, it "trips my Fi." My Fi is low enough down where it's something I can contain, but strong enough where it screams for action when that kind of shit is happening. I feel deep empathy for those who are being mistreated, and if I'm in a position to do something about it, I get very serious and start working hard to fix the issue. I'll keep at it until it's fixed or it becomes clear I can't change it no matter how hard I try. The latter is just about the worst feeling. That's when I get unpredictable... and kind of turn into an unstable INFP.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Oh that's easy, they get really hurt when you go screw with someone else's thread. Please don't do that!

Quote Originally Posted by FireShield98 View Post
    Not just about Fi, but how do Fi users differ from Fe users when it comes to anger? More specifically, is there a difference between what angers one compared to the other, and is there a difference in how they express their anger?
    I think that, all things considered, Fe users may be slower to anger. Fe wants more than anything to be harmonious with people. Fe users mold themselves to the social demands of the world, and feel good about it. Fi users want the world to mold to their personal value demands. It seems to me that Fe would be a happier function, so less anger. I'd love to hear if anyone has another take on this, or on anything else, for that matter.

I think Fe users generally will be less likely to anger when their values are encroached on. I can see an Fe user saying, "well you don't like my point of view, but that's OK, we don't have to agree on that, we can still be cool." The Fi user might not be quite so accommodating, unless their Te can keep that kind of thing in check. I think Fi anger might be expressed more explosively.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Any of the following will do:

1- Ingest some of their glitter without asking.
    2- Have an avatar that isn't as cool as MacGuffins.
    3- Steal their WiFi.

There is more, but that should get you off to a great start!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ? sx/so

Yay, I needed this!

Okay, help me out here. Is this an Fi attitude?

Just thinking about the possibility of knowing that someone I care is talking bad stuff about me by my back drives me crazy. I get reserved and quiet, as 12385214165194 of thinkings go on my head simultaneously. I react really badly when I know someone doesn't like me. I also have a bad reaction when I know people is mockering me. Being sure of something (emotions related) and get proven wrong after is hard for me either. It's not good for me as well when possibilities provided by my Ne show me that some friend or similar is way better at something I was supposed to be the best.

I'm not sure if I'm an immature Fi-user, or this is common, or even if this is not Fi.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by IceBlock View Post
    Yay, I needed this!

Okay, help me out here. Is this an Fi attitude?

Just thinking about the possibility of knowing that someone I care is talking bad stuff about me by my back drives me crazy. I get reserved and quiet, as 12385214165194 of thinkings go on my head simultaneously. I react really badly when I know someone doesn't like me. I also have a bad reaction when I know people is mockering me. Being sure of something (emotions related) and get proven wrong after is hard for me either. It's not good for me either when possibilities provided by my Ne show me that some friend or similar is way better at something I was supposed to be the best.

I'm not sure if I'm an immature Fi-user, or this is common, or even if this is not Fi.
    I think this is much more about your dominant Ne. Ne perceives what is not apparent about an object, whether it's true or not. So you're imagining that people are talking about you, which they may or may not be doing. You might benefit from applying more critical thinking to your perceptions. You need to embrace being wrong, because it's going to happen a lot. This was a challenge for me, too.

As a side note, people are most likely not talking about you, except maybe for that @Duck_of_Death guy, he just won't stop going on about how much he loves your hat. And it may help to consider that there's always going to be someone better at what you do than you are, but I bet you're much better at other things than they are. As an example, you are better at hat shopping than Duck is.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBlock View Post
    Just thinking about the possibility of knowing that someone I care is talking bad stuff about me by my back drives me crazy. I get reserved and quiet, as 12385214165194 of thinkings go on my head simultaneously. I react really badly when I know someone doesn't like me. I also have a bad reaction when I know people is mockering me. Being sure of something (emotions related) and get proven wrong after is hard for me either. It's not good for me either when possibilities provided by my Ne show me that some friend or similar is way better at something I was supposed to be the best.

I identify with the bolded strongly, but the rest I don't really care about. If I care about someone I have their back. I am loyal. That doesn't mean making excuses for them if they are wrong, but it means I will do my best to communicate, uphold and reinforce their real, good, and hidden attributes in everyone's awareness. To find out someone who I consider important hasn't done the same, or worse, would do the opposite, is a very hard blow.

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    358 so/sp

How does Fi manifest itself in inferior Fi users? How do inferior Fi and inferior Fe differ?
    ????
    3w4 5w6 8w7 soc/sp
    S|C|oaI

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

poor Ducky. you're always teasing him.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]