• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

People of your type that make you not want to be your type

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I agree that Sheldon is more INTP than INTJ. Pretty much I think he is pure NT, as NT as you can get, which would technically make him Ni and Ti (since introverted functions are most "pure"), but I think he is even more T than N, which makes him TiNi, which makes him INTP (though as close as you can get to INTJ).

Also TiNi would be ISTP, or NiTi would be INFJ, and he has terrible Fe. Like him saying his new computer has Windows 7 instead of Windows Vista, making his new computer more user friendly, and he doesn't like that. :laugh: And he doesn't even know what a friend with benefits is, and he says "I sense that's inauthentic and I have no idea why"...which seems more like tertiary or inferior Fi.

His face also lacks expression most of the time, except for when he purses his lips, and in one episode he says "Oh Mario [from the video game] if only I could control everyone the way I control you!" Why would an INTP say that? Their Fe is inferior. That smacks of Je.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm also not sure why an INTJ would be sneakier than an INTP. To me that is the worst argument in Rasofy's analysis. Even Keirsey never said this.
:greatscott:

/end of post

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
:greatscott:

/end of post

ANYWAY...more on topic...I actually think a lot of SFP women and men are cool people, smart people, but what irritates me to no end is that most people only want to acknowledge the most embarrassing ones, like Miley Cyrus (ESFP) or act like all ISFP women are cute and sweet and kind of dumb like Taylor Swift (who I actually think is an ISFJ, honestly, she seems to BLEED Si/Fe IMO).

I'm rather proud of people like Edie Sedgwick and Rachel Ray and Picasso and Rousseau and Janis Joplin and Bill Clinton and Bob Dylan. I'll even claim Courtney Love (note that I'm listing both ESFPs and ISFPs).

But everyone wants to talk about the dumbasses, but I guess that's to be expected, people do it with most types, honestly. Like supposedly all ESFJs are evil fifth grade teachers who scarred you for life and INTJs are horrible robotic beasts and so forth.

For some reason everyone elevates INTPs and INFJs the most, always citing people like Einstein and Jesus instead of that weird guy who lives in his mom's basement who also has food on his shirt and an addiction to WOW, or Adolph Hitler.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why do you think he is INTP? He seems to have a lot of immature, self-absorbed tertiary Fi, which is what makes him funny and gives him this childlike quality under his robotic, cool exterior. Him having a good memory has absolutely nothing to do with Si, and I've known at least one INTJ tell me that they pride themselves on their consistency.

I'm also not sure why an INTJ would be sneakier than an INTP. To me that is the worst argument in [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION]'s analysis. Even Keirsey never said this.

Also TiNi would be ISTP, or NiTi would be INFJ, and he has terrible Fe. Like him saying his new computer has Windows 7 instead of Windows Vista, making his new computer more user friendly, and he doesn't like that. :laugh: And he doesn't even know what a friend with benefits is, and he says "I sense that's inauthentic and I have no idea why"...which seems more like tertiary or inferior Fi.

His face also lacks expression most of the time, except for when he purses his lips, and in one episode he says "Oh Mario [from the video game] if only I could control everyone the way I control you!" Why would an INTP say that? Their Fe is inferior. That smacks of Je.

I don't disagree that he is INTJ-like, and what you said about TiNi would generally be true - I'd be typing Sheldon as an INTJ (or even ISTP) except he really doesn't seem to exhibit any of the paradigm-shifting that is the hallmark of Ni. His past achievements and history ring more NTJ than NTP, but those are both external indicators and are not a concrete basis for making cognitive type calls.

The thing about INTPs is they might be Ps, but they are still Judging dominant and as such they can be very controlling. They decide with Ti-Ne that things ideally ought to be a certain way, and that is the way they want them to be, and no other way makes as much sense, so it really must be that way. My INTP dad used to reorganize my car for me because he felt like things should be in certain places and I was not putting them there (and he genuinely felt that life would be better for me if I used the system that to him seemed so clearly right). It's different from Ni-Te because Ti-Ne is more interested in finding the one theoretical logical ideal out of all solutions and adhering to that, regardless of difficulty of implementation, while Ni-Te will be more open to finding an expedient, effective solution, and will change its ideal if the ideal is not externally effective. I see more of the former in Sheldon - nitpicky nitpicky nitpicky.

I also think it's pretty clear that Sheldon has at least some obsessive compulsive traits (if not full OCPD), which make him more J-like. He's pretty narcissistic as well, which makes him seem more confident and J-like than your average INTP, and may well have spurred him to be more productive and goal-oriented than your average P. All IxTxs seem to have that sweet hidden childish quality too - I think it's more about low-level F than about Fi in particular. I do think he has good Si, though - and he does have a photographic memory to boot. I've heard good arguments for him being ISTJ, including his taking comfort in regularity and order, his distaste for chaos, and his harping on "experimentation and observation" as a scientist (which also suggests Ne over Ni), except I cannot for the life of me see an ISTJ devoting his career to string theory, which may or may not be true and/or useful and is more than probably wrong at least in part.

I guess what I'm saying is if we're just using pure MBTI 4-letter dichotomy, he's totally INTJ. But if we're going by functions... eh. I think it kind of fails for Sheldon's character. I just don't see much Ni in him. His N seems more Ne - not twisting the box in a multitude of ways, but just dismissing the box. I would type him Ti-Te-Ne-Si-Ni-Fe-Fi-Se.

Rasofy said this a while ago, and I agree:

Rasofy said:
Letter by letter, INTJ is a good guess, but judging by his speaking patterns, I think he is a sort of ''J INTP''. If that makes sense. He is in a class of his own, really. We don't see many Sheldons around. But i think the closest to a Sheldon Cooper is someone that's in a TiSi loop. We can see good examples around.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't disagree that he is INTJ-like, and what you said about TiNi would generally be true - I'd be typing Sheldon as an INTJ (or even ISTP) except he really doesn't seem to exhibit any of the paradigm-shifting that is the hallmark of Ni. His past achievements and history ring more NTJ than NTP, but those are both external indicators and are not a concrete basis for making cognitive type calls.

The thing about INTPs is they might be Ps, but they are still Judging dominant and as such they can be very controlling. They decide with Ti-Ne that things ideally ought to be a certain way, and that is the way they want them to be, and no other way makes as much sense, so it really must be that way. My INTP dad used to reorganize my car for me because he felt like things should be in certain places and I was not putting them there (and he genuinely felt that life would be better for me if I used the system that to him seemed so clearly right). It's different from Ni-Te because Ti-Ne is more interested in finding the one theoretical logical ideal out of all solutions and adhering to that, regardless of difficulty of implementation, while Ni-Te will be more open to finding an expedient, effective solution, and will change its ideal if the ideal is not externally effective. I see more of the former in Sheldon - nitpicky nitpicky nitpicky.

I also think it's pretty clear that Sheldon has at least some obsessive compulsive traits (if not full OCPD), which make him more J-like. He's pretty narcissistic as well, which makes him seem more confident and J-like than your average INTP, and may well have spurred him to be more productive and goal-oriented than your average P. All IxTxs seem to have that sweet hidden childish quality too - I think it's more about low-level F than about Fi in particular. I do think he has good Si, though - and he does have a photographic memory to boot. I've heard good arguments for him being ISTJ, including his taking comfort in regularity and order, his distaste for chaos, and his harping on "experimentation and observation" as a scientist (which also suggests Ne over Ni), except I cannot for the life of me see an ISTJ devoting his career to string theory, which may or may not be true and/or useful and is more than probably wrong at least in part.

I guess what I'm saying is if we're just using pure MBTI 4-letter dichotomy, he's totally INTJ. But if we're going by functions... eh. I think it kind of fails for Sheldon's character. I just don't see much Ni in him. His N seems more Ne - not twisting the box in a multitude of ways, but just dismissing the box. I would type him Ti-Te-Ne-Si-Ni-Fe-Fi-Se.

Rasofy said this a while ago, and I agree:

I'd buy him as a really smart ISTJ before an INTP. I believe IxTJ with some kind of disorder (that isn't psychosis or anything) is most accurate. I think his constant references to his past achievements is VERY INDICATIVE OF Te. I disagree that it's not an indication of a cognitive preference, Te types tend to want to point to an external logical authority or have externally approved achievements in school or work, which is why the U.S. is such a TJ society.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The people who said "Ayn Rand" made me happy.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Extremely stereotypical "bleeding heart" INFPs annoy the hell out of me.

I'm not an INFP, but ^this

36g7u8.jpg

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That's surprising! :shock:

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The overly narcissistic NT's who walk around claiming that they don't give a shit about what people think, or that they have no feelings or whatever --- who invest so much time and effort and energy into projecting that image that it becomes both tiring and obviously fake at the same time.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And they type Deanna Troi as an INFP, when she's clearly an INFJ. *tut tut*

She spent pretty much the entire series observing the person right in front of her writhing in agony giving amazing insight like "Captain. I feel immense pain" *whines*

And my reaction to pretty much all her amazing revelations and insight was:

"No shit sherlock" :p

I'm gonna say ESFJ. She couldn't predict anything worth shit. In fact, most Ne / Ni inferior individuals have a batter intuition than she did.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
The overly narcissistic NT's who walk around claiming that they don't give a shit about what people think, or that they have no feelings or whatever --- who invest so much time and effort and energy into projecting that image that it becomes both tiring and obviously fake at the same time.

So what? You're NT now? You always seemed ENFJ 2w3 or 3w2 with a SX variant to me.

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
She spent pretty much the entire series observing the person right in front of her writhing in agony giving amazing insight like "Captain. I think he's in pain"

And my reaction to pretty much all her amazing revelations and insight was:

"No shit sherlock" :p

:rofl1: It's pretty true (she's still my fav)

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:rofl1: It's pretty true (she's still my fav)

Ooh .. nice. I was expecting to get bitch-slapped for ragging on your favourite character.

I like this place already :rock:

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what? You're NT now? You always seemed ENFJ 2w3 or 3w2 with a SX variant to me.

ENTP with an infected [swollen] Fe and a lazy Ti combined with the 3 ability to craft masks/personas = an ENFJ. A 3w4 does not like being fake and the pull towards being totally authentic and true to the self is too strong which is why I know I'm not a 3w2.