User Tag List

First 12

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kayness View Post
    am I saying INTPs have bad fashion sense? well, take that however you will.
    There are those I know who'd agree with that, about me.

Also, wow, that dude/guy/Thomas Jefferson was smart; I was reading that going 'Chea, he's badass'.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I got into an argument once with @Jennifer about Abraham Lincoln being INTP. I personally think the man was INFJ, but you might ask her about it.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    I got into an argument once with Jennifer about Abraham Lincoln being INTP. I personally think the man was INFJ, but you might ask her about it.
    INTP.
    No argument.

Srsly, though, let's face it: Fe wasn't his strong suit. It was up there, but certainly not good enough to be a secondary, it was always used to grease the use of another function.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Riva

^

Add to it that XNTPs decisions do get influenced by Fe more than what others believe or they believe.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    INTP.
    No argument.

Srsly, though, let's face it: Fe wasn't his strong suit. It was up there, but certainly not good enough to be a secondary, it was always used to grease the use of another function.

I agree about INTP.

I don't think his Fe was as lacking as all that however. I mean, he used to hang out at his family's store, conversing with passersby and all who entered, I assume to pick their brain as he seemed to have had a voracious appetite for knowledge. I think people of yesteryear who weren't hermits, not to mention those who became successful, were generally pretty good (and much better) at using Fe than we are today, because you HAD to interact face-to-face with others, versus hiding behind communicative gadgets.

Basically I'm saying I'd wager that Abraham Lincoln's Fe likely surpassed mine, though I am an aux Fe user.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Basically I'm saying I'd wager that Abraham Lincoln's Fe likely surpassed mine, though I am an aux Fe user.
    I think my point was that it wasn't an end in itself, it was used to support his other functions.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I agree about INTP.

I don't think his Fe was as lacking as all that however. I mean, he used to hang out at his family's store, conversing with passersby and all who entered, I assume to pick their brain as he seemed to have had a voracious appetite for knowledge. I think people of yesteryear who weren't hermits, not to mention those who became successful, were generally pretty good (and much better) at using Fe than we are today, because you HAD to interact face-to-face with others, versus hiding behind communicative gadgets.

I agree that INTP's in those days would be more likely to develop Fe.

INTP's will always seek knowledge where it is most readily available, meaning that INTP's these days are obviously prone to sitting behind communicative gadgets. It is also true however that INTP's have far more capacity to gain knowledge with all the information that is now readily available, as opposed in those days, where that knowledge was not readily available. So whilest you are making a statement saying that INTP's these days lack Fe which is negative. I'd say that INTP's have traded that Fe for much more knowledge and being the INTP's they are, if they're smart enough, better off because of it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    That's a good point that both you and AGA note. Nowadays INTPs have luxuries we didn't used to have. It's easy to forget that 100 years ago or more, people didn't have "luxury" time unless they were rich, you were basically working your ass off to keep you and your family alive and with food and clothes. The web-surfing/armchair philosopher wouldn't have lasted very long back then, unless they had friends in high places and could get a cushy job or sponsorship (like Nathaniel Hawthorne getting the counting house job via friends, which basically just meant he could sit around and write all the time).

As far as the tradeoff between social skills and knowledge, I suppose it's still good to walk some kind of balance; the smartest guy in the world is ineffectual unless he can deal with people in some way, and all that knowledge seems wasted to the world, if not to the private ambitions of the INTP.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post

INTP's will always seek knowledge where it is most readily available, meaning that INTP's these days are obviously prone to sitting behind communicative gadgets. It is also true however that INTP's have far more capacity to gain knowledge with all the information that is now readily available, as opposed in those days, where that knowledge was not readily available. So whilest you are making a statement saying that INTP's these days lack Fe which is negative. I'd say that INTP's have traded that Fe for much more knowledge and being INTP's are, if they're smart enough, better off because of it.

I'm saying everyone lacks Fe today. Unless, perhaps, you are Amish.

And knowledge does not a community make. Do you think it's the most important facet of community or society: Knowledge?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

You can still see the difference these days between male and female INTP's. As female INTP's tend to grow up in an environment that more readily demands them to use their Fe in order to fit in, where the male INTP's are more often given more freedom to be more reclusive.

And knowledge does not a community make. Do you think it's the most important facet of community or society: Knowledge?
    Nah, you shouldn't look at it like what is most important. We have 16 different types, so let's use that to our advantage. I'm just saying that INTP's will focus on the knowledge department, and other types can supply other facets.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf