User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 22

  1. #11
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,808

    Default

    "Just fill out this form....and this one....and this one....thats it's, soon you shall be well on the way to enjoying perfectly legal love in my robotic arms!"
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  2. #12
    Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    "Just fill out this form....and this one....and this one....thats it's, soon you shall be well on the way to enjoying perfectly legal love in my robotic arms!"
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

    "I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

  3. #13
    The Iron Giant
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomings View Post
    Is it true that ISTJ's do not express their feelings? Do ISTJ's feel more than they show?
    I don't express my feelings as openly and directly as many other people I've known. I've had feelings about people in the past and kept it to myself because I didn't know if it was reciprocated. Yes, I feel more than I show. I think most people do... but I feel A LOT more than I show.

    You mentioned that you were once involved with an INFJ. Were their things you liked about this personality type? And disliked?
    She was very intelligent and sensitive, and very giving, and I liked that. But she had a lot of trouble reading me, and would jump to some wild conclusions. She seemed almost frantic in her decision making, and was often convinced she had offended me, when she probably couldn't offend me if she tried.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I don't express my feelings as openly and directly as many other people I've known. I've had feelings about people in the past and kept it to myself because I didn't know if it was reciprocated. Yes, I feel more than I show. I think most people do... but I feel A LOT more than I show.



    She was very intelligent and sensitive, and very giving, and I liked that. But she had a lot of trouble reading me, and would jump to some wild conclusions. She seemed almost frantic in her decision making, and was often convinced she had offended me, when she probably couldn't offend me if she tried.
    Thank you for your insight. Mine is also a LDR (friendship). I believe he has feelings for me, but is being very cautious because we live so far apart. I may just have to move on...
    I'm still not sure if I'm willing to become vulnerable and tell him how I really feel. I don't know what to do really. Any advice???
    Wishing you the very best in your relationship!

  5. #15
    The Iron Giant
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomings View Post
    I'm still not sure if I'm willing to become vulnerable and tell him how I really feel. I don't know what to do really. Any advice???
    I think you should tell him. What could it really hurt?

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I think you should tell him. What could it really hurt?
    Me :/ ... if he does not feel the exact same way. What would an ISTJ appreciate?

  7. #17
    The Iron Giant
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomings View Post
    Me :/ ... if he does not feel the exact same way. What would an ISTJ appreciate?
    I am an ISTJ, and I would appreciate honesty and directness. I can't speak for or predict how other ISTJs will feel.

  8. #18
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomings View Post
    Me :/ ... if he does not feel the exact same way. What would an ISTJ appreciate?
    I would appreciate her not getting hurt for my sake. Confused now about how to proceed...

    As I've said several times recently (apologize to repeat readers), I feel a lot more than I show, yes; even when I think I'm showing how I feel, it's often barely seen.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  9. #19
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    If I felt the same or was interested in pursuing something to see if maybe it could work out, I would say so. If I wasn't interested, I would respond honestly, saying that I appreciate that you shared this but that I don't feel it too.
    I love this, generally, about STJs. You guys are so up-front. Very honest in a matter-of-fact but kind way. It's like totally neutral with good will thrown in.

    And you guys do this crazy thing where you just... take... information... and work with it. Like it's easy. I can't even begin to fathom this.

    Good luck @Bloomings! I think you should tell him. NFs don't usually do well harboring things like that and STJs are very good at dealing with things calmly and rationally. It would probably make both of you happier to spill the beans. Ultimately, lingering in an unrequited relationship will hurt you more than letting go.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I love this, generally, about STJs. You guys are so up-front. Very honest in a matter-of-fact but kind way. It's like totally neutral with good will thrown in.

    And you guys do this crazy thing where you just... take... information... and work with it. Like it's easy. I can't even begin to fathom this.

    Good luck @Bloomings! I think you should tell him. NFs don't usually do well harboring things like that and STJs are very good at dealing with things calmly and rationally. It would probably make both of you happier to spill the beans. Ultimately, lingering in an unrequited relationship will hurt you more than letting go.
    Thank you Skylights!

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFJ] ISFJ man in love VS ISTJ
    By LovelySweet in forum Myers-Briggs Type Profiles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2016, 05:51 AM
  2. [ISTJ] Why why why are ISTJ sooooo evasive?
    By GirlAmerica in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 12-14-2014, 08:02 PM
  3. [ISTJ] The Official ISTJ Fanclub Thread
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 11:09 PM
  4. Comedic Duos: Is the Straight man usually an ISTJ?
    By Jwill in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 11:29 PM
  5. [ISTJ] Ask the ISTJ
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 02:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO