• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My MBTI Tritype Theory

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think this is a fine way of digging "deeper" into personality. The MBTI is a theoretical construct (read: fiction) to begin with, so there's no reason its "rules" shouldn't be played with.

ENFP - ENFJ - ENTJ

( ENF N-Te )

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP - INFJ - ENTJ, I think?

Pansophie

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
I can dig this.

I've always felt like I could relate to three types.
INFJ
INTJ
INTP

I've tested INTP the most often. But I ACT like a damn J. I also often act like an F.

One thing I do know, I am NOT an INFP. Its almost like its too "soft."
When the F comes out, J is ALWAYS there to back it up. But T can flow with either J or P.

Anyone have a similar set up?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't contributed very much to this thread but that doesn't mean I don't agree with it. MBTI tritypes, and tritypes in general, are aimed at those who see so deeply into the human psyche that they can't reconcile the contradictions via a single type call. This happens all the time because the rigid one-type-per-person mindset created by Myers-Briggs is very habit-forming and very maddening when running up against a contradiction in someone's behavior.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't contributed very much to this thread but that doesn't mean I don't agree with it. MBTI tritypes, and tritypes in general, are aimed at those who see so deeply into the human psyche that they can't reconcile the contradictions via a single type call. This happens all the time because the rigid one-type-per-person mindset created by Myers-Briggs is very habit-forming and very maddening when running up against a contradiction in someone's behavior.

This, this is why me being TiNi like you equalling me being ISTP like in my sig is the great cosmic joke of our time! Hell no I ain't ISTP lol I am offending the functions theorists and their rigid dogma!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This, this is why me being TiNi like you equalling me being ISTP like in my sig is the great cosmic joke of our time! Hell no I ain't ISTP lol I am offending the functions theorists and their rigid dogma!

Yet the intp - entp - istj in my sig doesn't contain any Ni. Should I retest?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yet the intp - entp - istj in my sig doesn't contain any Ni. Should I retest?

No because functions are not type dependent in the Tritype Theory. Good question, it added a new axiom to this postulate.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmmm.. INFP ENFP INTP/ISFP
i can't decide which. going just by test results it'd be INTP, but i think i relate slightly more to ISFP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No because functions are not type dependent in the Tritype Theory. Good question, it added a new axiom to this postulate.

Apparently so. I just took the Keys 2 Cognition test again and came up with the same 3 possibilities: intp, entp or istj.

Ti, Te, Si, Ne
Ni, Fi, Se, Fe

I scored so high on Te because lately I've recognized that I've gained in strength on that function. Am I headed toward the dark side?

Fi, as it should, is lower than ever. Te and Fi just don't belong together, like my Ti and Fe. So as Te gains strength Fi weakens.

Ni is still above 30% and remains a contender. Introversion still outweighs Extraversion by 30% overall, but E is slowly catching up.

But I agree that "intp, entp or istj" has nothing to do with functions although it was a functions test. The test is just laying down the three types with highest probability instead of claiming omniscience about your type.

I have to conclude from this test however that something about my tritypes has changed.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's also funny to look more fun loving and foolish than you really are. INTP is hiding under the mask lol.

That doesn't make sense. Isn't every personality a form of hiding? Or are you talking about the poster named INTP?

Really, it depends on the individual INTP and how much of the fun-loving side comes out.

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Psh, tri-type? You can't pigeonhole people into just three types. It's all about the enneatype.
ENTJ - ESTP - INTJ - ENTP - INTP - ENFP - ISTP - ENFJ - ESTJ

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I'm INFJ INxP ISTP

I dunno whether my middle one is INTP or INFP tho; I'm thinking former, because I tend to come off as INTP-ish initially to a lot of people, especially when I get didactic on late-night forum posts such as this ^^;; Also, I love my INFP friends to pieces just like all my other friends, but they make me want to strangle something; I get along WAY more easily with INTPs than I do INFPs, because I easily step on INFP's toes, and INFPs in turn tend to cross a lot of physical and emotional boundaries for me...

I think the use of my Ti is key to understanding this "tri-type" dynamic. To those who are not my direct peers, I can appear as if I'm an INTP (which is annoying, because I can't help but feel as if their amusement with my wide vocabulary and quirky observations feels a tad condescending...). To those I find REALLY close, I'll reveal my INFJ side, because I trust them enough to share my deeper observations and insights because I know they won't try to pick them apart (because criticism of what I feel understand about reality tends to make me feel uneasy, like someone's pulling blocks out of my mental Jenga tower).

As for the ISTP thing? I'm not sure, but I'm realizing that I've always felt like I related to ISTP people and characters alike on a level I couldn't really explain. I don't think it's merely a matter of "they're everything I'm not", but the fact that there is a level of depth I can relate to.

Actually, now that I think of it...my third type in this triad could be ENFP; there are aspects about myself that are very...ah... "ENFPish", if you will. Heck, I even portray myself as being more of an ENFP at times!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION], I think you should explore this from a cognative function approach. Not MBTI. MBTI tritypes just seems like an impossible idea to me. Even though I agree MBTI is not absolute, (obviously) it seems very unwise to use an already subjective system and create a ridiculously outragious supersubjective system on top of it.

Now, I think cognative functions have a lot of truth in them, so if you don't want to conform to an MBTI type, then perhaps try to find a cognative function tree that fits you better?

Suppose I'd say my MBTI tritype was INTP, INFJ, ENFP. (Which it isn't but for the sake of arguement let's say I see parts of myself in these three types.

If you want to define it through MBTI it would mean that I switch my cognative functions between these three platforms:

INTP:
Dom: Ti
Aux: Ne
Ter: Si
Inf: Fe
shadow: Te, Ni, Se, Fi

ENFP:
Dom: Ne
Aux: Fi
Ter: Te
Inf: Si
shadow: Ni, Fe, Ti, Se

INFJ:
Dom: Ni
Aux: Fe
Ter: Ti
Inf: Se
Shadow: Ne, Fi, Te, Si

This all seems impossibly far fetched. I don't buy this as being a possibility.

Now you say you seem to be in a Ni-Ti loop, I'd argue that, but you know yourself better than me so I'll give the benefit of the doubt, so that would mean your cognative function processes would probably be something like

Ni+Se+Ti+Fe or possibly Ti+Se+Ni+Fe

That would explain why you feel related to three types. You're basicly an INFJ with a strong tertiary, causing your Fe to be inferior, relating you more closely to ISTP types because as a result your Se would also be more charged. And INTP types due to a strong use of your Ti and having inferior Fe.

Essentially being a type in itself that relates to three other types that most closely resembles the INFJ type as far as cognative processes are concerned.

I think something like that is far less far fetched than coming up with an MBTI tritype, which just seems odd.

Also, I don't understand your reasoning for putting INTJ in your tritype, with all due respect, INTP and INTJ are cognative opposites. Either create an entirely new idea on cognative processes to explain that or rule it out as an option. It's more likely to be a bridge between INTP, INFJ and ISTP, because the cognative processes in those three types do not differ that much.

PS: I don't think you use Ne from what I can tell by reading your posts, which lead me into the direction of you being most closely an INFJ, but that is not based on a whole lot of data, so don't take that too seriously. I'm just saying you should probably try to approach this from the basic building blocks and build your theory from that, rather than use an existing platform and try and twist it to your liking.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I killed it? :(

And here I was secretly hoping of the creation of an entirely new philosophy about the very fundaments of the typology we now know!