First 23456 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Going by four dichotomies, I guess I'd be ISFP ESFP INFP...ENFP.

I actually have very weak I/E, but typed as INFP (leaning ENFP) on the official MB and typed as ESFP on the official Keirsey report. I paid for both of those.

I get INFP a lot.

FP are my strongest letters. I often get 100% P, and in the 70-80% of F.

E/I seems like a crap shoot, and N/S depends on the questions on the test, and my mood at the moment.

I say ISFP ESFP INFP, though, because if we're going by the four dichotomies, on both the Keirsey and PTypes system I consider myself an Artisan/Hedonist.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    You @greenfairy just explained my theory with the greatest logic and precision it could have possibly been presented with! You are almost surely INTP now in my book to help you type yourself at this thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ion-2-0-a.html , since INTP, the Architect, is so clear in thought and language. My tritype theory shall not fall!
    This makes me feel unreasonably good. :P

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    At @RaptorWizard I would also recommend viewing the types in terms of "tracks." I believea person can switch tritype tracks as well. For me, it is easier to be intj-enfp-entp, esfp-enfp-intj, estp-esfp-intj, or estp-entj-intp.

Also, combining this with helen Fisher's types I believe the rational functions are more related to neurological paths of development and the perceiving functions to brain wave pattern/neurotransmitter levels.

Hmm.. to put in mbti speak, I think xntj tends to be high testosterone lowered serotonin and dopamine2 higher pfc function non inetegrative neurology (imo generally caused by brain cleavages formed by exposure to testosterone in utero) variable dopamine low estrogen lowered endorphins

Xsfp otoh is more high estrogen high testosterone high serotonin lowered dopamine can have high norepinephrine during constant stress leading to adrenal fatigue. Variable pfc

These are just guesstimates based on how I've seen various types act/interact before of course

I think it is fairly obvious there is a lot of overlap between the actions, social roles, thought patterns, etc of the various types which impact neurology. For example, I think there is quite a bit more overlap between esfp and isfp than there is with say enfp and istj. Tjs tend to have more overlap w sjs imo. Imo the Fe-Te attraction in romantic relations often happens because of testosterone - estrogen levels. It's also interesting when you look at it from a "social class" or attachment style pov.
    Wow, this is so interesting! I'd love to know more about neurological functioning in MBTI. It sounds like it makes a lot of sense. We (the interested and analytical people on this site) should grab some scientists and collectively write a book.

And I'd have to say I am INTP INFP INTJ. With just a dash of S.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    This makes me feel unreasonably good. :P

Wow, this is so interesting! I'd love to know more about neurological functioning in MBTI. It sounds like it makes a lot of sense. We (the interested and analytical people on this site) should grab some scientists and collectively write a book.

And I'd have to say I am INTP INFP INTJ. With just a dash of S.
    Check out the dario nardi eegs of various types thread. It was quite interesting
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Here's my story/theory of how my cognitive functions work together:
    I am very strong on Ni, since I am a mystical spiritual sort. I use my intuition collectively to gather information; I have N for perceiving the outside and the inside. Since I spent years with my heart and my head fighting with each other and my T telling my F it was irrational and my F getting angry (modeled by my parents), I have learned to make them work together. It is indeed the only way I can be rational and functional. Not that I don't have purely feeling and purely thinking moments, but they are always in appropriate situations (ideally).

The way I see it F and T just look at complimentary sides of an issue, and there is no reason not to see both. And since T knows the collective truth which incorporates both subjective and objective, it works to be Ti dominant, or primary in the case of INTJ. I have a complex internal logical framework which is definitely more Ti; but Fi is incorporated. I am strongly connected to the things I care about and behaving in accordance. These feelings form the basis of what I think is true in regard to respecting life and living harmoniously; but they are always balanced with T. (The objective and inanimate side of reality is equally important, and I focus on the transcendent underlying principles of the universe which I logically put together.) I never use my Fi to extrapolate a universal truth without considering the big picture, that is whether it can have a logical explanation (Ti) and scientific type evidence in the real world (Te). So in this way my Fi and Ti talk to each other and reach logical conclusions. Ne or Si triggers Fi, which sends its impressions to my Ni, which sends the information to Ti to analyze and categorize and pick apart, which tells Te to look for evidence and irrefutable premises in the real world; then whatever truth I find gets sent back to my Ti to fit in logically with my framework. In this way my Fi and Ti don't clash. F just looks at subjective and T looks at objective, T forms a truth and then asks F how she feels about it, and in this way we reach a consensus. Not that they always agree; it's a dialogue, and I still have trouble dealing with emotions without constantly second guessing myself and telling myself I'm irrational. But I digress. I think Ni can be kind of a combination of Fi and Ti, as in INTJ; so it makes sense that developing Ni would trigger more of an INTJ order, and that my decision making process looks like that type while my inner worlds look like INTP and INFP. I can incorporate my Fi into my intuition by looking inward into my unconsciousness and having a dialogue with myself, then taking that information to my conscious (Ti) mind.

Ethics and decisions aside, I use Fi most for survival. It tells me what is and isn't good for me. But in this way it is filtered through my Ne. Ne picks up information, Fi reacts to it and senses the energy and tells me whether I feel comfortable and safe or not; then if my Fi/Ne says "pay attention," it goes to my Ti for analysis and Te for validation, and I incorporate the information into my framework. I can almost always explain an Fi reaction to something I perceive with Ne + Ti associations and logic.

I see it filtered through Si because all my positive emotions seem to be based on some physical/sensual experience. I need to experience something pleasurable and comfortable in order to feel happy if I am upset or insecure. I need physical evidence to convince myself of deep positive truths. Looking at pretty things, being in nature, eating something good, listening to music, getting a hug, hugging a tree (to feel grounded), or talking to someone makes me feel like I have something to hold onto and I'm not going to be swept away into a watery abyss of negative Fi. In contrast to INFP I like talking about my feelings and one reason is that when I hear them put into words and spoken aloud it seems real and not some confusing muddled unconscious mess. If someone offers advice and tells me things which are true the experience of physically hearing something (that my Ti agrees with) helps convince my unconscious mind that it really is true. Ti communicating to Fi via Si.

*Fi doesn't always come first of course; usually I live in my mind in an Ne Ti adventure, daydreaming and thinking and doing fun S things (and using my Fi to help me have fun)- but when it shows up it does in these ways.

This might be a bit rambling as it is the first time I've attempted to write it all down, but I hope it is useful and interesting and can help explain how someone can be INXP with J.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

^
    Someone needs to publish a book on this radical new Tritype theory greenfairy, Mal+ and me have developed, the above story being the premeir example for it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I don't really have anything against this idea in theory, but in the tradeoff between descriptive ease and specificity, it seems like this leans too much towards the specificity side. I like MBTI because you can say a type and immediately communicate a certain cognitive style, but if I want to describe a person's thought process in more depth I find it's better to drop the constraints of typology altogether.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Hey fellas, you know how people are assigned an Enneagram Tritype? I am wondering if the same rules could apply to MBTI types. Me and Mal+ have a theory that we all take on traits of multiple types.
    I dig it

I, for one, am probably INTP with a weak N and a mediocre P, making my MBTI Tritype INTP ISTP INTJ
    I thought about this...and I don't think it would really work lol, all that's saying is your Ti and Ne are weaker than normal. Maybe havn't found your passion in life? We would probably end up with more than just three types too, as it scales down to our least used functions.

I'll go for INFP INTP ENFP anyway lol. I like to use Ti but I'm not an INTP though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Going by four dichotomies, I guess I'd be ISFP ESFP INFP...ENFP.

I actually have very weak I/E, but typed as INFP (leaning ENFP) on the official MB and typed as ESFP on the official Keirsey report. I paid for both of those.

I get INFP a lot.

FP are my strongest letters. I often get 100% P, and in the 70-80% of F.

E/I seems like a crap shoot, and N/S depends on the questions on the test, and my mood at the moment.

I say ISFP ESFP INFP, though, because if we're going by the four dichotomies, on both the Keirsey and PTypes system I consider myself an Artisan/Hedonist.
    I was thinking something similar for me. Though I think my order would be flipped. ISFP INFP ESFP, I've tested as all those types in the past.

I think you guys are debunking the accuracy of the MBTI.

I like this theory I don't really buy into it [I personally prefer the dominant/inferior theory myself].

But ... that said, this tickles my Ne so I'm gonna go with:

ENTP, ENFJ, INFJ.

I also have a shadow Tritype which is something like this:

ESTJ, INFP, ESFJ