I'm nearly 100% on N and P.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    How do you think one would test for something like this? Would it go by cognitive functions or letter dichotomies?
    I'm going by type descriptions as a whole when figuring out mine. INTP > INFP > ISFJ

I guess it matches up pretty well with both cognitive functions and letter dichotomies. I've posted about how I score high on Fi as an INTP and relate to Fi descriptions. I also have pretty good Si and identify with some aspects of ISFJ profiles without actually being that type.

Going by letter dichotomies, you'll notice that all three types are introverts, which is the letter I most strongly identify with.

You'll also notice that two of the 3 types are F types, yet the lead type is T. So you can see why I often have a hard time with the T/F preference and why I don't always feels as 'hardcore' T as some INTPs.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@Zarathustra @rep This is dumb. You're an ISTP with underdeveloped aux Se, in a dom-tert (TiNi) loop. Why don't you tell this to @Mal+ who identifies as INTP leading with TiNi. Tell him he is an ISTP too.
    Your theory is an ISTP can have a preference for Ni or intuition over Se or sensing and still be a sensor. I for one refuse to subscribe to such a view. You will never be able to find another ISTP in a TiNi loop.

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    Hmm..

INFP INTP ENFP

I'm nearly 100% on N and P.
    Funny, because that is the exact combination I would've said for myself!
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    @Zarathustra @rep This is dumb. You're an ISTP with underdeveloped aux Se, in a dom-tert (TiNi) loop.
    Just so you know, it's against the forum rules to post on the public forum what someone sends to you in private, without their prior permission.

I don't care, in this case, but you should know this for future reference.

Why don't you tell this to @Mal+ who identifies as INTP leading with TiNi. Tell him he is an ISTP too.
    Mal, if you predominantly use TiNi cognition, then you're an ISTP who is regularly in a dom-tert loop.

Your theory is an ISTP can have a preference for Ni or intuition over Se or sensing and still be a sensor.
    When they're in a dom-tert loop, then yes, this is the case.

There's also a complicated matter of Se actually being a part of their cognition, but in a "sneaky way".

You, for example, tend to take a lot of input data in in a very "Sensorish"/Se kinda way.

You don't question it (i.e., your initial impression) very much, which is a more "iNtuitive" thing to do.

As such, while you may be in a TiNi loop, I wouldn't say you have an advanced form of Ni usage.

It's more like you use Ni in an ill-conceived way, to "bandage up" your disparate ideas about reality.

It's like Ni becomes a glue to hold together all these crazy ideas you just accept at face value (Se).

You will never be able to find another ISTP in a TiNi loop.
    Yeah, actually, you will.

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    Funny, because that is the exact combination I would've said for myself!

The closest is always F/T, which is nearly 50/50. Secondly I/E, which is something like 65/35. N and P are always off the charts.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Just so you know, it's against the forum rules to post on the public forum what someone sends to you in private, without their prior permission.

I don't care, in this case, but you should know this for future reference.

Mal, if you predominantly use TiNi cognition, then you're an ISTP who is regularly in a dom-tert loop.

When they're in a dom-tert loop, then yes, this is the case.

There's also a complicated matter of Se actually being a part of their cognition, but in a "sneaky way".

You, for example, tend to take a lot of input data in in a very "Sensorish"/Se kinda way.

You don't question it (i.e., your initial impression) very much, which is a more "iNtuitive" thing to do.

As such, while you may be in a TiNi loop, I wouldn't say you have an advanced form of Ni usage.

It's more like you use Ni in an ill-conceived way, to "bandage up" your disparate ideas about reality.

It's like Ni becomes a glue to hold together all these crazy ideas you just accept at face value (Se).

Yeah, actually, you will.
    Thagirion9, an INTJ on Youtube sent me this message explaining why I am not ISTP in their opinion but rather INTP:

You can not change your type. You are either one or the other. You can switch temporaritly and dabble in the other side, but that drains you and at the end of the day your true colors will show. I worked at a museum giving shows and classes. I had to be very extroverted and talk to lots of people. I was very good at this. But at the end of the day I was zonked and I could only do this part time not full time. Was I an ENTJ? Not at all. I can play the role but it's not permanent. INTP and ISTP have very different functions.
    INTP is the Architet with Ti, Ne, Si Fe
    ISTP is the Mechanic with Ti, Se, Ni, Fe

You're both analitical for being lead introverted thinkers but where the INTP bakes on the idea and keeps it theoretical ISTP wants to jump in the car and BE the test dummie because of his extroverted sensing second. ISTP's are more competitive and athletic because of this. They're also system builders third and don't use much intution because of this. INTP has extroverted intuition second. Very important for creativity, dreaming, pulling ideas from outer space. ISTP can not do this. This is the big difference in the two. This is too radical of a change to make permenantly unless you've been ISTP all along and need to really revaluate yourself and be introspective. I highly doubt that by the videos I've seen and how verbose you are. Not an ISTP trait.

No prob. I like analytical discussions. I told you that. I don't think type is hardwired from birth but that personality starts to develop in early childhood. Possily during language aquisition which is up to I think age 11, or was it 6? I can't remember right now but it's early. Children are difficult to type because they haven't really developed. Few are set earlier than that. Though I have memories from being 2 years old where it seems I had intuition.

"since 99% of intellectuals type themselves as well as other intellectuals as N."

Hehe as being in the rarest type I'm very happy to be in your supposed 1% as well. I'm good at typing others and I call it as I see it. S types are more common and in real life I don't say everyone's an N. I've typed several S types. I prefer to type fictional characters as they are more fun.

". Me acting the ISTP is also largely for humility because it is a very simple "I could be wrong", or an "I don't have all the answers attitude" unlike the narcissistic "I'm smarter than everybody" N attitude. "

"I could be wrong and I don't have all the answers" is typical INTP unsuredness. I'd say ISTP's come off more confident because of Se competitiveness in the second place. They could be mistaken as extroverts. Here's another example that N's don't type everyone as N's because they want them to be like them. On all the websites you'll find Hannibal Lecter typed as INTJ. I like Hannibal Lecter. As much as I'd like to have him in our camp he's not. He's ISTP. He's competitive and narsistic in a great confident way. He's one of the ones I will eventually talk about on one of my videos and do a point by point of why the websiters copy and paste each other and are wrong since they do not bother to check if what they are perpetuating is so.

"It's also funny to look more fun loving and foolish than you really are. INTP is hiding under the mask lol."

You are merely saying this because you are insecure and keep hearing from society that being an introvert is wrong. You "need to be more out going and open". You have not accepted your introversion that it is not wrong but just another way of doing things. Of the four traits introversion and extroversion are the only parts you are born with as they are a function of your brain pathways. See Laney's awesome book, "The Introvert Advantage" and I agree introversion is better than extroversion in most cases. Be proud to be a rare type, the second rarest there is. Good to admire INTJ's like Tesla, no aspire to their confidence and suredness.

"Thanks for the analytical feedback! That's interesting that type is hardwired from birth, maybe in the DNA. Frankly I'm just saying ISTP to be extremely unorthodox, since 99% of intellectuals type themselves as well as other intellectuals as N. It's almost hilarious. Me acting the ISTP is also largely for humility because it is a very simple "I could be wrong", or an "I don't have all the answers attitude" unlike the narcissistic "I'm smarter than everybody" N attitude. It's also funny to look more fun loving and foolish than you really are. INTP is hiding under the mask lol.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I agree with the tri type. So that's what people were doing; I thought it was confusing test results people had gotten. The positive side of giving it way too much thought is that if I can modify the system somehow to be inclusive of mixed types, that could be kind of revolutionary and other people could understand themselves better too. I think cognitive functions can kind of combine themselves sometimes in different levels of development. It seems like it would be necessary, because they balance each other out and one would have to develop to balance the other; and if they are in vertical order in the consciousness, some can exist side by side but they still have to go through the original vertical structure. I don't agree with inferior and shadow functions always being negative; they are just more unconscious and so take more time and effort to develop and incorporate.
    You @greenfairy just explained my theory with the greatest logic and precision it could have possibly been presented with! You are almost surely INTP now in my book to help you type yourself at this thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ion-2-0-a.html , since INTP, the Architect, is so clear in thought and language. My tritype theory shall not fall!

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

At @RaptorWizard I would also recommend viewing the types in terms of "tracks." I believea person can switch tritype tracks as well. For me, it is easier to be intj-enfp-entp, esfp-enfp-intj, estp-esfp-intj, or estp-entj-intp.

Also, combining this with helen Fisher's types I believe the rational functions are more related to neurological paths of development and the perceiving functions to brain wave pattern/neurotransmitter levels.

Hmm.. to put in mbti speak, I think xntj tends to be high testosterone lowered serotonin and dopamine2 higher pfc function non inetegrative neurology (imo generally caused by brain cleavages formed by exposure to testosterone in utero) variable dopamine low estrogen lowered endorphins

Xsfp otoh is more high estrogen high testosterone high serotonin lowered dopamine can have high norepinephrine during constant stress leading to adrenal fatigue. Variable pfc

These are just guesstimates based on how I've seen various types act/interact before of course

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    What I meant was that you have a certain form of morality, that is constructed by your more dominate cognative functions, wouldn't that clash if you were to 'switch' types? It seems to me this would always lead to cognative dissonance.

For example, the morals and values I live by are all based on my Ti process. If I was to say for example I was an INTP-INFP-whatever. Wouldn't that mean that if I was to assume some form of moral or value based on my INFP's Fi, it would clash enormously with my dominate Ti? Even if the result of the value is essentially the same, Ti still won't have any of it. Ti needs his arguements to be present as well! Cognative dissonance appears!

Or do you mean MBTI tritypes is more of a way to tap into the abilities of certain other cognative functions, rather than 'switching types',.So your first type in the tritype is still, and always will be, your true MBTI identity by which you live by. In which you build your morals, values and all such things exclusively. You just 'tap' into a different cognative function if you feel it is better for the situation.

In that case, it shouldn't be called MBTI tritype though, but something along the lines of cognative flexibility.

"Cognative flexibility, which cognative functions outside your prefered functions do you most often use?"
    I think it is fairly obvious there is a lot of overlap between the actions, social roles, thought patterns, etc of the various types which impact neurology. For example, I think there is quite a bit more overlap between esfp and isfp than there is with say enfp and istj. Tjs tend to have more overlap w sjs imo. Imo the Fe-Te attraction in romantic relations often happens because of testosterone - estrogen levels. It's also interesting when you look at it from a "social class" or attachment style pov.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

since INTP, the Architect, is so clear in thought and language. My tritype theory shall not fall!
    There's a flaw in your reasoning.

Just saying. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf