Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    How do you think one would test for something like this? Would it go by cognitive functions or letter dichotomies?
    That is one of the kinks in the theory that needs refining. I am mainly thinking functions combined with type description. For example, an INTJ might act more like an ISTP than an ISTJ because the first 2 have Ni in common as well as a utilitarian nature, whereas the 3rd is a rule follower and leads with Si rather than Ni.

ISTP and INTJ also are about equally likely to be Enneagram 5, whereas for ISTJ it is less likely. So ya, it goes more my functions and type description than letter dichotomy.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

ENFP-INFP-INFJ

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Might I also say, and note that I could very well be terribly wrong as I don't relate at all to this idea being a possibility for myself, that I don't really see how being a 'MBTI tritype' or 'cognative function changer' is particularly healthy?

How can you deal with one situation as one type, and then the next situation as another, and have any sense of identity or authenticity left? It seems to me that that is a light form of scizophrenia. Creating situations where you will inevitable disassociate yoruself with your previous actions as those actions no longer fit your profile when using different cognative processes?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

By treating the functions as a toolkit you can combine and compose the way you prefer and the way that deals best with the situation

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I don't really take issue with the concept, since for pretty much the entire time I've been a member of this forum, I've been more of a naysayer regarding mbti theory and all of that, and often things that are said on the forum re. the theory or its application I don't really agree with, and I don't identify with any profile or function lineup in any black-and-white way, and don't resemble many infj's in many ways.

That said, I don't really know what my tritype would be. It really depends on how I want to look at everything, as I feel like I can be very contextual. But I suppose that's the point of this concept.

I'm not tied to these three, but think they might be most accurate for a general mbti tritype thingie.... INFJ / INTJ/ ISFP/ISTP (ISFP/ISTP tied, as I could potentially see both, esp. in my leisure and activity time) (And yes, I realize all of these cognitively align pretty well)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

ENFP, INFP, ENTP (me thinks)
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    By treating the functions as a toolkit you can combine and compose the way you prefer and the way that deals best with the situation
    What I meant was that you have a certain form of morality, that is constructed by your more dominate cognative functions, wouldn't that clash if you were to 'switch' types? It seems to me this would always lead to cognative dissonance.

For example, the morals and values I live by are all based on my Ti process. If I was to say for example I was an INTP-INFP-whatever. Wouldn't that mean that if I was to assume some form of moral or value based on my INFP's Fi, it would clash enormously with my dominate Ti? Even if the result of the value is essentially the same, Ti still won't have any of it. Ti needs his arguements to be present as well! Cognative dissonance appears!

Or do you mean MBTI tritypes is more of a way to tap into the abilities of certain other cognative functions, rather than 'switching types',.So your first type in the tritype is still, and always will be, your true MBTI identity by which you live by. In which you build your morals, values and all such things exclusively. You just 'tap' into a different cognative function if you feel it is better for the situation.

In that case, it shouldn't be called MBTI tritype though, but something along the lines of cognative flexibility.

"Cognative flexibility, which cognative functions outside your prefered functions do you most often use?"

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hmm, ISFP-INTJ-ENTP?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    What I meant was that you have a certain form of morality, that is constructed by your more dominate cognative functions, wouldn't that clash if you were to 'switch' types? It seems to me this would always lead to cognative dissonance.

For example, the morals and values I live by are all based on my Ti process. If I was to say for example I was an INTP-INFP-whatever. Wouldn't that mean that if I was to assume some form of moral or value based on my INFP's Fi, it would clash enormously with my dominate Ti? Even if the result of the value is essentially the same, Ti still won't have any of it. Ti needs his arguements to be present as well! Cognative dissonance appears!

Or do you mean MBTI tritypes is more of a way to tap into the abilities of certain other cognative functions, rather than 'switching types',.So your first type in the tritype is still, and always will be, your true MBTI identity by which you live by. In which you build your morals, values and all such things exclusively. You just 'tap' into a different cognative function if you feel it is better for the situation.

In that case, it shouldn't be called MBTI tritype though, but something along the lines of cognative flexibility.

"Cognative flexibility, which cognative functions outside your prefered functions do you most often use?"

I keep the same values, but I do find that switching to 'INFJ' makes it easier for my family to accept me. I just switch the way in which I..communicate them, I guess
    So yeah, it's tapping into the strenghts of the other functions to show the real you, imho. Kinda like speaking their maternal tongue, which makes them feel more at ease. It costs me a lot of energy..but not nearly as much as the misunderstandings and clean up cost me

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I keep the same values, but I do find that switching to 'INFJ' makes it easier for my family to accept me. I just switch the way in which I..communicate them, I guess
    So yeah, it's tapping into the strenghts of the other functions to show the real you, imho. Kinda like speaking their maternal tongue, which makes them feel more at ease. It costs me a lot of energy..but not nearly as much as the misunderstandings and clean up cost me
    Yeah, I think that's just congative flexibility, rather than a 'change of MBTI' type.