User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Is research a Te thing?

I'm supposedly an ENTP, and I'm extremely good at researching things. It's just that I kind of take on multiple resources at a time and come to one perfect conclusion by analyzing. What's the difference between how Te users and Ti users research? It seems like Te users trust the facts, and Ti has to come to it's own conclusion on things. Is this right?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Yes. I think so.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Te is a researcher when used in auxiliary mode, and Ni or Si dom is trying to justify a theory.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

If the Great One is so enthralled by Te, perhaps he should consider ENTJ for his type. Hey, you never know!

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

It can be both but the way you said that you 'take on multiple resources at a time and come to one perfect conclusion by analyzing' sounds a bit more like Te. If you mean like 'resource 1 is outdated, resource 2 is recent but let's read resource 1 anyway and analyze everything wrong about it' then probably not. Te likes and will probably try push conclusions faster than Ti.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

you must be Si dom because you said "thing"
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Facts are kind of boring and self-evident, when I research I want to get to the deep core of things. I'd guess I mostly use my Ni creative function.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I do know that on those occasions where I actually get involved in a serious debate, (read as 'internet pillow-fight'), I do find myself researching in the sense of gathering facts to help argue my point and while facts are hardly the be-all end-all of an argument, they certainly help get the point across.

Of course it does depend on the argument and what the subject happens to be, plenty of times ive argued without even a backward glance at facts.....mainly because what was being discussed was irrelevant to facts and was about views and opinions.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    If the Great One is so enthralled by Te, perhaps he should consider ENTJ for his type. Hey, you never know!
    The first time I took the test, I got ESTJ. However, after being around many ESTJ's I think that test was definitely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Facts are kind of boring and self-evident, when I research I want to get to the deep core of things. I'd guess I mostly use my Ni creative function.
    I also want to get to the deep, core of things.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I do know that on those occasions where I actually get involved in a serious debate, (read as 'internet pillow-fight'), I do find myself researching in the sense of gathering facts to help argue my point and while facts are hardly the be-all end-all of an argument, they certainly help get the point across.

Of course it does depend on the argument and what the subject happens to be, plenty of times ive argued without even a backward glance at facts.....mainly because what was being discussed was irrelevant to facts and was about views and opinions.
    I agree with a lot of what you said here.

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    It can be both but the way you said that you 'take on multiple resources at a time and come to one perfect conclusion by analyzing' sounds a bit more like Te. If you mean like 'resource 1 is outdated, resource 2 is recent but let's read resource 1 anyway and analyze everything wrong about it' then probably not. Te likes and will probably try push conclusions faster than Ti.
    Well, I don't really try to push my conclusions. Maybe I am using Ni and confusing it with Ti. What do you think @AphroditeGoneAwry?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I think if you want to perfect a construct or idea in your mind, or irl, that is Ti.

Te is all the data to support your internal processes, I think.

What you do with all that you glean is then a process of your motivations, whatever those may be, which are probably mostly influenced by ego needs, etc.

I think those with a Te dom or aux drive seem to know a lot about many things, and might seem expert at many things.

Those that are more Ti dom or aux can do many things or fix many things; sort-of like a jack of all trades.

In contrast, a Te-er wants to be an expert, or fancies himself an 'expert' even if he doesn't necessarily admit that. You feel it. A Ti-er doesn't care to appear expert, but he sort-of is in the realm of doing, versus knowing.

So when Te combines with Ni (as in an ENTJ), that expert thing, combined with an Ni knowing thing, is what makes the entj have an almost intolerable personality. I assume the same is true with Te and Si, except in a more ritualistic way.?

When Ti combines with Ne you get the inventor thing because all the Ne possibilities combine with the Ti ability to solve problems and you get innovative thought. When it combines with Se you get a working system, at least mechanistically (not necessarily socially or emotionally due to potential for lack of F).

Fun thoughts! What do you think?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com