User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Well, that's pretty much how my thinking goes. I have trees of decision in my mind realtime, vague roadmaps. I plan long-term things vaguely and short-term things ever more presicely, and at short-enough time-span I just execute, not plan. But then I'm my own boss, so I ever think what I should decide for myself, and what of my own commands I should obey. But, this isn't much about research, is it?

In any case, mythbusters is one of my favorites in exposing the scientific mindview - which is most about making tests, if you asks me. Edison is another one who's (un) scientific method has inspired me. A third one is Tesla.

Einstein inspires me, but not per scientific method, because I've never learned to understand what his method was about.
    Are you ENTJ or ENTP? Your sig says ENTJ, but you have said ENTP on the forum. Which one are you?

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Are you ENTJ or ENTP? Your sig says ENTJ, but you have said ENTP on the forum. Which one are you?
    I've been open about this the last 3 years: I don't believe in MBTI much. I like to handle it like any of the broken marbles any kid would want. What I believe I'm a good individual, of which ENTJ description captures something, and ENTP something. Other type descriptions capture yet something else.

But a true believer in MBTI, am I not. If I were a believer and accurate, I'd most accurately type myself as Exxx.
    Edit: for everyone's findings, their type description and type captures some of the good that's in them.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I've been open about this the last 3 years: I don't believe in MBTI much. I like to handle it like any of the broken marbles any kid would want. What I believe I'm a good individual, of which ENTJ description captures something, and ENTP something. Other type descriptions capture yet something else.

But a true believer in MBTI, am I not. If I were a believer and accurate, I'd most accurately type myself as Exxx.
    Well, in that case, what functions do you use?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Well, in that case, what functions do you use?
    Well, I use some Fe sparingly to get along with people. This isn't as much of a chore as it sounds.
    Fi, I guess I feel about myself and I think regularly about the feelings of others.
    Te, I do plans, but they don't always come into effect.
    Ti. I analyze things - this is my strong thing.
    Ne - I Imagine - I do this best with information and concepts, less with acts of courage.
    Ni - I plan my future ahead - this I've thought alot with wisdom (I think, but I'm ready to doubt it.)
    Si - I've grudingly allowed myself to think of systems and the past. They're of much use.
    Se - Doing something that you know to be there is awesome. You have a first-hand experience with reality.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Well, I use some Fe sparingly to get along with people. This isn't as much of a chore as it sounds.
    Fi, I guess I feel about myself and I think regularly about the feelings of others.
    Te, I do plans, but they don't always come into effect.
    Ti. I analyze things - this is my strong thing.
    Ne - I Imagine - I do this best with information and concepts, less with acts of courage.
    Ni - I plan my future ahead - this I've thought alot with wisdom (I think, but I'm ready to doubt it.)
    Si - I've grudingly allowed myself to think of systems and the past. They're of much use.
    Se - Doing something that you know to be there is awesome. You have a first-hand experience with reality.
    After reading this you sound ENTP.

MBTI
    ENTJ

After reading this you sound ENTP.
    Thanks for your idea. It sounds fitting, and your idea seems genuine and nice. But please don't take the types too seriously in my case.

I've done some student-sized research though and I'm moving up in academia. I've had some best grades, some worst grades, some failures, and I personally know a doctor in computer science I've done some hobby project with for some 1,5 years. I don't know what all the research is for everyone, but I know something what "research" means for me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Thanks for your idea. It sounds fitting, and your idea seems genuine and nice. But please don't take the types too seriously in my case.

I've done some student-sized research though and I'm moving up in academia. I've had some best grades, some worst grades, some failures, and I personally know a doctor in computer science I've done some hobby project with for some 1,5 years. I don't know what all the research is for everyone, but I know something what "research" means for me.
    That's interesting

MBTI
    ENTJ

That's interesting
    I got interested about the topic, connection with Te and research. I thought about your original topic some more: facts vs own conclusion?

Facts are sometimes systematic facts, but often folksy facts. Own research is sometimes someone's idiocy, sometimes their bright ideas. Both are needed. I think the devil's in the details; you can tell so much more about the complex interplay of these various phenomena if you know them. I don't know what I know, I'm just guessing (or something). See you in a while. Have to go to sleep for a while =)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I got interested about the topic, connection with Te and research. I thought about your original topic some more: facts vs own conclusion?

Facts are sometimes systematic facts, but often folksy facts. Own research is sometimes someone's idiocy, sometimes their bright ideas. Both are needed. I think the devil's in the details; you can tell so much more about the complex interplay of these various phenomena if you know them. I don't know what I know, I'm just guessing (or something). See you in a while. Have to go to sleep for a while =)
    Good night.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Good night.
    Bad morning.