Longer answer: Of course not.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Te is about adherence to structural/objective/logical reasons that one finds trustworthy in order to come to an impartial and rational decision. It has little to do with research (which could be a said hallmark of ENTP more so than an xNTJ, but technically any type is capable of being a good researcher).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Te is about adherence to structural/objective/logical reasons that one finds trustworthy in order to come to an impartial and rational decision. It has little to do with research (which could be a said hallmark of ENTP more so than an xNTJ, but technically any type is capable of being a good researcher).
    So you think that being a good researcher is a strong characteristic of ENTP types? So even though anyone could be good at it, ENTP's tend to take the prize?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So you think that being a good researcher is a strong characteristic of ENTP types? So even though anyone could be good at it, ENTP's tend to take the prize?
    No, being a good researcher could be a strong characteristic of any type, equally among them (in fact, forget that I mentioned anything about ENTP possibly being better than xNTJ at research).

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

If I research something, I base everything on some real-life tangible facts I've experienced first-hand. People can get so caught up with books and books about something they really don't know anything about; I'm escaping the trap by only researching about - say, nuclear energy, if I can handle the formulas of power, energy, amps and volts behind it. Which I do.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I think if you want to perfect a construct or idea in your mind, or irl, that is Ti.

Te is all the data to support your internal processes, I think.

What you do with all that you glean is then a process of your motivations, whatever those may be, which are probably mostly influenced by ego needs, etc.

I think those with a Te dom or aux drive seem to know a lot about many things, and might seem expert at many things.

Those that are more Ti dom or aux can do many things or fix many things; sort-of like a jack of all trades.

In contrast, a Te-er wants to be an expert, or fancies himself an 'expert' even if he doesn't necessarily admit that. You feel it. A Ti-er doesn't care to appear expert, but he sort-of is in the realm of doing, versus knowing.

So when Te combines with Ni (as in an ENTJ), that expert thing, combined with an Ni knowing thing, is what makes the entj have an almost intolerable personality. I assume the same is true with Te and Si, except in a more ritualistic way.?

When Ti combines with Ne you get the inventor thing because all the Ne possibilities combine with the Ti ability to solve problems and you get innovative thought. When it combines with Se you get a working system, at least mechanistically (not necessarily socially or emotionally due to potential for lack of F).

Fun thoughts! What do you think?
    Two functions make an inventor, another combo of 2 funcs make an intolerable personality. Yeah, really objective
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

is what makes the entj have an almost intolerable personality.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    That's pretty good.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

I assume the same is true with Te and Si, except in a more ritualistic way.?
    Huh?
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Two functions make an inventor, another combo of 2 funcs make an intolerable personality. Yeah, really objective
    I think Te dom personalities struggle with the rest of us being ignoramuses, and that tends to show, especially if they are immature or have some ego-fixation going on.

The same can probably be said for Fe dom, right? Except regarding people, not extraneous factoids.

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Huh?
    Well, part of what can make an entj so judgmental is the combo of Te with Ni (the 'knowing' function)...So when you not only are armed to the hilt with factoids, but you also are intuitive, and 'know', things, I'd imagine you'd struggle with the mindset of always thinking you are right about everything.

I'm trying to posit a similar hypothesis for Te and Si. But Si is more about attaching meaning to certain objects and ideas that are grounded to our senses, and when we have memory and experience tied to our bodies like that, things can become ingrained within us, allowing for very little adjustment. So when factoids filter through our internal sensory processes, those factoids get tied to, or locked down, within the mind because they are locked down within the body. I think this would lead a Te/Si-er to need to follow a proscribed plan of action, which can lead to, or look like ritual.

That's what I was trying to say. Did I describe it adequately?

Or would you agree?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com