User Tag List

Default What type is thi guy? #2

This is my cousin. We live across the street, and there were no young kinds in our neighborhood, so we used to hang out, even though he's 5 years older than me. I'm thinking ISTP, although I'm conflicted about his emotional spits: they may be from drugs or hangovers, but they may be his personality instead. In which case, I'm not sure... Nonetheless, I know an ISTP (over the internet though), who is completely different than him. But anyway, let's read the below column of information before getting too deep.

I'd assume that he hadn't had any friends until 4-6th grade or so, although I can't be sure about that. I know that he used to glue and paint various models, play with Lego (mostly war stuff), play with soldiers, wasn't much attracted to Monopoly. We used to play Monopoly, cards and Lego together (seldom though, he preferred to be alone). Later on, we were watching TV together, he used to like Sci-Fi movies, like Star Wars; he also read Sci-Fi books. His grades weren't the best, even though he was had extra teachers at home for a few subjects. Later on, when I was in about 2nd or 3rd grade, we still used to hang out, but he was turning a bit "violent," I often turned out to be crying under the bed, as I was little. Perhaps he didn't mean to do the "bad," although I believe sometimes he didn't understood what's the deal with me, why I couldn't take a hit or something like that. Later on, up until probably 6th or 7th grade, I went to his place and watch him play games, he didn't mind me, sometimes even invited me. In the very end, he started expressing his emotions towards games, like hitting the table and stuff like that. He didn't let me play even if I'd ask.

He smokes at least since he's 18, though I bet he started smoking when he was 16 or so, same goes with drinking alcohol. I believe he preferred a few friends over parties, even during the graduation party he went to get drunk with a few friends instead. I believe that since around 18 or 20 he uses some kind of drugs, ones that relaxes him, and ones that energizes him; I'm almost certain it isn't pot. He also started going to clubs or bars, although I'm not sure how often, I've just seen the stamps on his hands a couple of times (I meet him rarely though).

Since he was about 20-21, he increasingly asks about mine and some other peoples' lives, trying to advice what to do, trying to play the family role. However I'm not sure if he's always on drugs, has an extremely poor memory, or doesn't really care and is pretending. Or perhaps he's trying to score with his father, who's also interested in our family matters (he's my mom's brother though, so it's more "natural"). Whichever is the case, he increasingly used to ask how's my grades, how's school, if I'm alright socially, if I need someone beat up and stuff like that. He seems to pass that info to his father, I'm not sure if he passes everything, but most of what I tell him goes to his father's ear.

At the end of the 12th grade, and maybe 11th grade, he studied a bit harder and instead of 5s/6s/7s, he started getting 8s/9s, and a couple 7s or so of course. Then he went a college and after that, he got his master's degree. He seems to hate school, but he thinks that "you have to finish school good to have a good life," job-wise, I believe. He didn't go much to school though (earlier), I remember him constantly asking his mom to sign that he didn't go to school for a reason and not just skipped classes, even though he did go with his friends somewhere instead.

He seems to believe that he is right until proven otherwise. Even if I tell him an exact reference in a book or a site, or what a teacher has told me, or even what his dad told me, he doesn't believe me until he looks it up and sees for himself, although usually he doesn't bother and just keeps to his beliefs.

He doesn't seem too smart, as I often have to explain what I mean in more detail. But so I have to do to most people, just a few people understand (and understood) me since I first spoke to them.

He seems to constantly offer help in social situations (like the "do you need someone beat up" part), or something along the lines of "does anybody laugh at you at school." Just a couple examples. However, when recently I borrowed some money to a friend who became a pothead and refused to give me back my money, he refused to do something about it. He was talking about it for half an hour twice, going how it can't be solved peacefully and he doesn't want me to get hurt, but I believe I could hear in his voice that he just didn't want to get involved and do anything.

He chose to be an accountant, but that's his father's profession. I've heard him say that he hates his job. I asked him recently what he's gonna do about his place in life, he said that he's gonna continue his education, get some papers that he can speak English (as he took Russian instead at school), and later he said that he's "got it all planned out." I heard confidence in his voice, although I believe that he isn't sure, instead he only thinks that he's sure.

He seems to cling onto old things (things that he knows), for example old behaviors of mine or somebody else's, even though that was 10 years ago; or he's always repeating that "history is important, why didn't you take the exam" to me, even though the standards had changed over the years.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I
    very little Fe, I'm going to say he has Fi in his type's typical stackup (just as opposed to Fe, and expressing his own emotions before being concerned about others')
    T
    It seems like, despite what you say about referencing old behaviors, he doesn't like traditional things - ie hating accounting and school, and not excelling in school? Maybe? Most SJs I know work very hard and depend a lot on authority
    INTJs can ignore reality to stick to their plans (what you said about showing him references and such, although that could also be seen as Si)
    INTJs, when unhealthy/stressed, can have problems with the drugs and over-consuming alcohol and such
    They can also be into manipulating people, playing around with them like they're a game, if they don't have developed F... possible what he could be doing with asking you about your life and relaying info to father, using others' feelings to forward something they like?
    Saying he has a plan would be an indicator of Ni-Te
    I'd like more info on "emotional spits" but this could be seen as Fi, sensitivity to own emotions, coming out
    Possibly disliking monopoly while liking war/soldier games because they allow for more strategizing (INTJ = Strategist) while Monopoly is much of the time just chance

But I can see this interpreted several ways, because he doesn't seem at all healthy with drugs/bad grades/hating his job/general pessimism/violence/lack of empathy.
    e.g. he could also be INTP - in sci-fi interest, disliking routine jobs and authority (as seen in dislike for accounting/school/Monopoly), tert Si in retaining opinions & relating things to past, inf. Fe if he is actually interested in your life

definitely IxTx
    I'm going to say INTJ? Unhealthy though so you may want to look at cognitive functions and the various ways in which they can be expressed as opposed to a typical profile.
    INTP (Ti>Ne>Ni>Te>Si>Fe>Fi>Se). Rcux|I|. Possible: 5w4, 8w7, 4w5.
    Luckily, liking books too much simply isn't possible. (Let's ignore the idea that "too much" is subjective.)

Quote Originally Posted by open-close View Post
    I
    very little Fe, I'm going to say he has Fi in his type's typical stackup (just as opposed to Fe, and expressing his own emotions before being concerned about others')
    T
    It seems like, despite what you say about referencing old behaviors, he doesn't like traditional things - ie hating accounting and school, and not excelling in school? Maybe? Most SJs I know work very hard and depend a lot on authority
    INTJs can ignore reality to stick to their plans (what you said about showing him references and such, although that could also be seen as Si)
    INTJs, when unhealthy/stressed, can have problems with the drugs and over-consuming alcohol and such
    They can also be into manipulating people, playing around with them like they're a game, if they don't have developed F... possible what he could be doing with asking you about your life and relaying info to father, using others' feelings to forward something they like?
    Saying he has a plan would be an indicator of Ni-Te
    I'd like more info on "emotional spits" but this could be seen as Fi, sensitivity to own emotions, coming out
    Possibly disliking monopoly while liking war/soldier games because they allow for more strategizing (INTJ = Strategist) while Monopoly is much of the time just chance

But I can see this interpreted several ways, because he doesn't seem at all healthy with drugs/bad grades/hating his job/general pessimism/violence/lack of empathy.
    e.g. he could also be INTP - in sci-fi interest, disliking routine jobs and authority (as seen in dislike for accounting/school/Monopoly), tert Si in retaining opinions & relating things to past, inf. Fe if he is actually interested in your life

definitely IxTx
    I'm going to say INTJ? Unhealthy though so you may want to look at cognitive functions and the various ways in which they can be expressed as opposed to a typical profile.
    I know that he thinks that one must "do the right thing," like get good marks and he's always telling me to help my grandma, since we live together. ISFJs really do work pretty hard, they are the workhorses. Another, maybe a bit less significant thing, is that he used to have this "spiked" haircut, and he cares a lot about how he looks like. Always spending a couple minutes watching himself on the mirror, making various poses with the clothes, checking out how he looks from the side and all. He is also very secretive and lies a lot. He doesn't tell much about himself, but instead prefers to lie...

The soldier games were pretty much just those rubber soldiers, not some huge game or something; and the militaristic Lego parts, mostly samurais and all that, he mostly placed the soldiers and kinda pretended that they are fighting. I don't know/remember well that part, so I can't be sure though.

He seems to like quality stuff, clothes, cars, etc., however his family is rich, so he simply spend his time in an environment like that, therefore it might not be entirely related. Another thing that might be caused by that is that he likes to look clean, and wants others to look clean. However, his mom seems to do the most cleaning for him, so I'm not sure how he might be if he had to do it himself.

The "emotional spits" mostly happen when you do something he doesn't like, even as much as saying something that doesn't correlate with his opinion. It doesn't happen always, so it might be related to drugs, however sometimes, for example at the table, he raises his voice and tells his mom to stop asking him questions (she nags him if he wants that or that, or that...), then goes about it for a minute or so and goes back to the "quiet" state.

He also doesn't seem to like philosophy much. I remember once asking him "do you believe in god?," and he said something along the lines "it's a philosophical question, I'm not in the mood for that." Or perhaps he just didn't want to tell me what he thinks... But then again, he seems more practical than theoretical, which makes me think that he's an S and not an N.

He could be an INFJ due to his stubbornness and belief that he's always right, even when told exact references and logic. ISTP doesn't really fit, as he doesn't seem to like extreme living. ISTJ doesn't fit as he doesn't seem hard-working. INTJ doesn't seem to fit him well either, he doesn't like theories and is sure that he's right even with proof, has that "attitude," etc.. Odd guy. I can't type him.