User Tag List

Thread: INFJs vs INFPs

MBTI
    INTP

Default INFJs vs INFPs

A video comparing and contrasting INFJs and INFPs. I mostly talk about their functions. Critiques are very welcome, though please refrain from blatant insults.

Input from anyone is welcome, especially INFJs and INFPs.

I'm also looking for input on INFPs and INFJs in general, not just my video.

For more MBTI videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/doctorjuice1?feature=mhee

MBTI
    INTP

Bump

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Nice job explaining the differences.

I always enjoy your videos.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don’t know if I agree about INFJs being “more open and expressive with their emotions”. We might be more reactive to the emotions of people around us, though it’s really more an internal reaction- taking note of them happening, making sense of what it looks like we’re noticing by putting it in context and trying to understand ‘why’ they’re happening- and I can’t really say if we’re noticing others’ emotions more than INFPs. I’d guess that INFPs are just as sensitive to others’ emotions but for slightly different reasons. It seems like INFPs are more focused on noticing ‘what’ the emotions are, whereas INFJs immediately try to gleam ‘why’. But it’s all an internal reaction and I definitely wouldn’t say we’re more expressive with our emotions than INFPs. Many (if not most) of us really are actually pretty hesitant to come to any conclusion about how we feel about something in the first place. I’m even inclined to think the INFJs I know look far more like hard-to-read blank slates than the INFPs I know.

And far as INFJs only focusing on a couple topics at one time- I can see that being true, but that’s because a topic can implode with possibilities. There’s a long stream of causation which surfaces that we’ll want to explore- with a possible ‘why’, and another possible ‘why’ attached to that ‘why’, and so on. So I suspect your description of Ne being the one that explodes with possibilities might be misleading/unhelpful- it explodes with breadth and wants to move to different tangents, but Ni does explode in its own way with depth (and in the dominant position, in an even more pervasive way).
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Nice job explaining the differences.

I always enjoy your videos.
    Glad to hear it.

Enneagram
    9w8

I just now discovered this video and found it to be really good. I really liked the explanation of Ni and Ti as well as that of the Fi and Si. The coffee shop example was really great. I often go the coffee shop with my INFP friend, so it really did hit home. Loved it. Thank you for doing your videos. You do a fantastic job.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Both are whiny. I probably am one though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

INFJs complain more about other people, INFPs complain more about themselves.

INFJ vs. INFP

Really works for me. I always delve into something to find that core meaning. (Don't really go into the little side things about personality, I just want the core jist of every personality type, except my own because that's going to help me and others with how I work myself) Really helped figure out what Ni is. Definitely Fe because I never have a very strong opinion and it is very rare that I do. I'm open-minded as well. Ti is very strong for me because I can get frustrated when people aren't logically think straight. Se, oh my gosh-impluse feeling. Recently bought an expensive game system even though I don't have the most of money.

I'll definitely subscribe to your videos.