• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

StrengthsFinder

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Has anyone taken StrengthsFinder/StrengthsQuest? We did this assessment at work, and it's pretty interesting. I guess all incoming freshmen at the university where I work are taking it now, so they all know their strengths.

It's pretty interesting, because it focuses on your strengths, and actually doesn't even tell you what you score lowest on. The philosophy is that you achieve more by honing your strengths than trying to 'correct' your weaknesses.

The downside is that there is no free version of the assessment (that I know of). You can take if if you buy the book though. It's only like $15.

wolfy

awsm
I did it a long time ago. I got input, learner, relator, futuristic and intellection. There was a couple of other threads a while back, but there wasn't that much activity.

W

WALMART

I'd like to do it... but I can't find myself paying money for it.

G

Glycerine

A school function paid for mine. Restorative, individualization, strategic, learner, developer. I remember when I first took it two-three years ago I got really defensive because i thought it sounded boring and that it somehow implied that I sucked with people (empathy and connecting w/ people... no idea what that was about) but looking back, the results sound a lot like me. HAHA

[MENTION=10315]Aquarelle[/MENTION]: also check this test out... it's free and fairly similar. https://www.viame.org/survey/Account/Register

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
A school function paid for mine. Restorative, individualization, strategic, learner, developer. I remember when I first took it two-three years ago I got really defensive because i thought it sounded boring and that it somehow implied that I sucked with people (empathy and connecting w/ people... no idea what that was about) but looking back, the results sound a lot like me. HAHA

[MENTION=10315]Aquarelle[/MENTION]: also check this test out... it's free and fairly similar. https://www.viame.org/survey/Account/Register

Interesting...I think I may have taken this before, not sure.

Your Top Character Strength

Appreciation of Beauty & Excellence

You notice and appreciate beauty, excellence, and/or skilled performance in all domains of life, from nature to art to mathematics to science to everyday experience.

Your Second Character Strength

Curiosity

You are curious about everything. You are always asking questions, and you find all subjects and topics fascinating. You like exploration and discovery.

Your Third Character Strength

Gratitude

You are aware of the good things that happen to you, and you never take them for granted. Your friends and family members know that you are a grateful person because you always take the time to express your thanks.

Your Fourth Character Strength

Love of learning

You love learning new things, whether in a class or on your own. You have always loved school, reading, and museums-anywhere and everywhere there is an opportunity to learn.

Your Fifth Character Strength

Bravery

You are a courageous person who does not shrink from threat, challenge, difficulty, or pain. You speak up for what is right even if there is opposition. You act on your convictions.

Is it worth it to pay for the other one? Something more in depth?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took this about 10 years ago. First time, I came up with the top five in order:
- Command
- Restorative
- Focus
- Achiever
- Strategic

The second time I took it a couple years later, I got:

- Achiever
- Focus
- Command
- Significance
- Strategic

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I did it a long time ago. I got input, learner, relator, futuristic and intellection. There was a couple of other threads a while back, but there wasn't that much activity.

Woah. Mine are almost exactly the same. I have Discipline instead of Relator but otherwise all the same. (Well, not the order. I can't remember what order mine were in, but I think Intellection was first.)

I think it's interesting to see the results... If I hadn't taken it already I might pay the $15 for it, but probably not much more than that. :shrug:

[MENTION=5109]Glycerine[/MENTION], that other test is pretty interesting too (but holy crap, there are a lot of questions!)

Love
You value close relations with others, in particular those in which sharing and caring are reciprocated. The people to whom you feel most close are the same people who feel most close to you.

Love of learning
You love learning new things, whether in a class or on your own. You have always loved school, reading, and museums-anywhere and everywhere there is an opportunity to learn.

Curiosity
You are curious about everything. You are always asking questions, and you find all subjects and topics fascinating. You like exploration and discovery.

Judgment
Thinking things through and examining them from all sides are important aspects of who you are. You do not jump to conclusions, and you rely only on solid evidence to make your decisions. You are able to change your mind.

Bravery
You are a courageous person who does not shrink from threat, challenge, difficulty, or pain. You speak up for what is right even if there is opposition. You act on your convictions.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took it maybe 9 years ago?

At the time I got -

Input
Intellection
Deliberation
Connectedness
Strategic

I can't remember the order, though.

wolfy

awsm
Interesting...I think I may have taken this before, not sure.
Is it worth it to pay for the other one? Something more in depth?

I did the VIA a long time ago. Even started a thread. The VIA has more stuff that you can use, if the links in that thread still work.

Your Top Strength

Humor and playfulness
You like to laugh and tease. Bringing smiles to other people is important to you. You try to see the light side of all situations.
Your Second Strength

Love of learning
Your Third Strength

Curiosity and interest in the world
Your Fourth Strength

Creativity, ingenuity, and originality
Thinking of new ways to do things is a crucial part of who you are. You are never content with doing something the conventional way if a better way is possible.
Your Fifth Strength

Social intelligence
You are aware of the motives and feelings of other people. You know what to do to fit in to different social situations, and you know what to do to put others at ease.

wolfy

awsm
Woah. Mine are almost exactly the same. I have Discipline instead of Relator but otherwise all the same. (Well, not the order. I can't remember what order mine were in, but I think Intellection was first.)

That is cool, it was funny how the sameness broke down as the post progressed. Made me laugh.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I took the VIA test and I think it's hilarious and slightly creepy that my results match my supposed function order pretty much to a T. D:

Your Top Character Strength - Curiosity

Your Second Character Strength - Love
You value close relations with others, in particular those in which sharing and caring are reciprocated. The people to whom you feel most close are the same people who feel most close to you.

Your Third Character Strength- Judgment
Thinking things through and examining them from all sides are important aspects of who you are. You do not jump to conclusions, and you rely only on solid evidence to make your decisions. You are able to change your mind.

Your Fourth Character Strength - Love of learning

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Love of learning

Prudence
You are a careful person, and your choices are consistently prudent ones. You do not say or do things that you might later regret.

Curiosity

Fairness
Treating all people fairly is one of your abiding principles. You do not let your personal feelings bias your decisions about other people. You give everyone a chance.

Judgment

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
i'm in the midst of taking a free online test. (click) a lot of questions.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
i enjoyed the questions more than the results, which i don't have much of a stake in.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There was another thread on this - http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/online-personality-tests/64282-strengthsfinder-test.html

Rank Strengths Description Score Video explanation
1 Intellection People strong in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions. 91 Click Me
2 Command People strong in the Command theme have presence. They can take control of a situation and make decisions. 84 Click Me
3 Ideation People strong in the Ideation theme are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena. 82 Click Me
4 Input People strong in the Input theme have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information. 80 Click Me