User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, but now you're liable to be the first one thrown off the boat when supplies run low. Gratz!

You really believe Freud had no influence on the development of Western thought, which in turn impacted social policies and the direction of scientific study, etc?

I guess some guy shoots someone else with a gun, that makes a fast and direct impact on the outer world. But it's not the only way to impact reality.

LOL! Okay, I'll buy that one, it's pretty honest.

New t-shirt:

"Introverts: We don't need to create history. We just revise it."
    Oh, I might make a motivational poster with that one.

edit:
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, but now you're liable to be the first one thrown off the boat when supplies run low. Gratz!

You really believe Freud had no influence on the development of Western thought, which in turn impacted social policies and the direction of scientific study, etc?

I guess some guy shoots someone else with a gun, that makes a fast and direct impact on the outer world. But it's not the only way to impact reality.

LOL! Okay, I'll buy that one, it's pretty honest.

New t-shirt:

"Introverts: We don't need to create history. We just revise it."
    hurray me!

Hmmmm.... no? I think the people that make up the whole evolved to where it was without study and policy making. the people made the policy, the policy didn't make the people.

I'm probably the wrong person to talk to about it, i've always thought of psychology as a bunk subject even thought I KNOW how important it is. <--- its very difficult for me to write this sentence.

its just... so... boring.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Come to think of it, I can think of much more important introverted people than extraverted people. So nyer! :P
    In all honesty I was thinking the same thing.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Lots of Enneatype Fives (generally introverts) had a great deal of influence in history, one way or the other: Einstein, Descartes, Newton, Nietzsche, Beauvoir, Sartre, Darwin, Ursula K. LeGuin, Milan Kundera, Stephen Hawking, Stanley Kubrick, Susan Sontag, T. S. Eliot...

Also, "important to history" =/= "famous". Many contributors to scientific research don't get exactly popular outside their field, for starters.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

@jontherobot there are a SHITLOAD of introvert military leaders too. Especially brilliant tacticians.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Also, i wouldnt consider a lot of the people mentioned here important to history.
    So you really don't think the world would be any different without nuclear science, or understanding evolution, or insulin replacement, or cancer treatment?

I'd be extremely surprised if many scientists weren't introverted. Not all, but many. And that's just the most obvious career.

Also, weak trolling, bro.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I'm probably the wrong person to talk to about it, i've always thought of psychology as a bunk subject even thought I KNOW how important it is. <--- its very difficult for me to write this sentence.

its just... so... boring.

... so.. boring....?

*dazed, confused, wanders off*
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    So you really don't think the world would be any different without nuclear science, or understanding evolution, or insulin replacement, or cancer treatment?

I'd be extremely surprised if many scientists weren't introverted. Not all, but many. And that's just the most obvious career.

Also, weak trolling, bro.

Weak trolling would have made you pass over this thread :p

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    What?? Mothers Theresa is infp I thought

Anyway op!? Come on!
    Either typing, debate aside, they're still an introvert, still proves my/our point!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

or

Now you know.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE