User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    George Washington immediately comes to mind, ISTJ. Mother Theresa was an ISFJ as well.
    What?? Mothers Theresa is infp I thought

Anyway op!? Come on!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I, personally, don't feel an introverted type has cared about the external world enough to see lasting change among a population. If they have, they sure must have transcended into the extroverted realm of thinking.
    Your understanding of introversion/extroversion is laughable.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Many great poets, inventors, theologians, mathematcians, military leaders, and even politicians.

Plato comes to mind, alan turing, ghandi, Wittgenstein, Thoreau, newton, proust, kirkegaard, kant, Rousseau, Descartes, neitzsche, voltaire, buddha, confucius, jesus, lincoln, jfk, pretty sure ceasar as well. I'm sure with a bit of research I could go on and on.

Edit:

Forbes.com has an article on it. They list: einstein, warren buffet, chopin, darwin, ghandi, al gore, newton, Larry page (cofounder of google), rosa parks, eleanor Roosevelt, j.k. rowling, and more
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Most (great) writers.
    Most anyone who engages in a largely solitary pursuit is probably introverted.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Come to think of it, I can think of much more important introverted people than extraverted people. So nyer! :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm fairly new to this deep psychology stuff, so if I am incorrect, please provide factual information as to why I may be talking out of my ass.
    Just read some history books. I can't begin to describe the number of introverts who have made a difference in major ways to external reality, as they had hoped.

If it's too broad a topic, why not just look at US presidents? There's quite a number of introverts in the 40+ leaders we've had since our country began.

The answer just seems so clear that I'm thinking your definition of introvert is far more restrictive than the theory would suppose.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

WALMART

I was trying mostly to get a rise out of people to learn a little about the subject, but it didnt work very well.

actually, i lied, it worked fairly well.

Also, i wouldnt consider a lot of the people mentioned here important to history. Things would be the same without jung, but not without say che guevara.

Maybe, as one poster stated, i have no grasp on what introversion/extroversion is. I really cant bring myself to read :/

also i was really really drunk when i wrote this. that's my excuse for most things, i've noticed.....

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I was trying mostly to get a rise out of people to learn a little about the subject, but it didnt work very well.

Also, i wouldnt consider a lot of the people important to history. Things would be the same without freund, but not without say che guevara.

Maybe, as one poster stated, i have no grasp on what introversion/extroversion is. I really cant bring myself to read :/
    That in itself raises an interesting thought though...

...If the introverts are the ones that write history...

~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post

i'll be fucked

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I was trying mostly to get a rise out of people to learn a little about the subject, but it didnt work very well. actually, i lied, it worked fairly well.
    Yeah, but now you're liable to be the first one thrown off the boat when supplies run low. Gratz!

Also, i wouldnt consider a lot of the people mentioned here important to history. Things would be the same without jung, but not without say che guevara.
    You really believe Freud had no influence on the development of Western thought, which in turn impacted social policies and the direction of scientific study, etc?

I guess some guy shoots someone else with a gun, that makes a fast and direct impact on the outer world. But it's not the only way to impact reality.

also i was really really drunk when i wrote this. that's my excuse for most things, i've noticed.....
    LOL! Okay, I'll buy that one, it's pretty honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    New t-shirt:

"Introverts: We don't need to create history. We just revise it."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft