• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What you've used your functions for?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yes, what are your personal practical applications of your cognitive functions, and knowledge of it?

What have they gained for you?

What have you gained from them?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I used to use Ti and Fe in sales a lot. That is a great functional combo for sales.

W

WALMART

I have used my functions to do things like work and eat and sleep. They have earned me 23 years of uninterrupted life.

In seriousness, i suppose they have made others feel comfortable enough to let me manage fairly large scale operations, im 23 and have been promoted to lead manager positions at a car dealership service department and a uhaul.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Fe - Been straining it like a mad man since I was a child to avoid committing the social faux pas' I seem to commit in droves.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, everything! The good and the bad!

But itsn't that true for everyone?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I don't really think of cognitive functions while I'm doing something.. but maybe afterwards.

Edit: I don't think of cognitive functions before, either. I don't plan that "I'm gonna do this with Fi!" - rather like "I have to comtemplate my feelings about this".

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ni leads me to an eclectic worldview whereby many disparate strands make up a coherent (to me!) whole.

Fe makes me want to help people and reach out, and to try and understand them even when we're quite different. It's also helped with diplomacy, customer service/relations jobs, and so on.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, what are your personal practical applications of your cognitive functions, and knowledge of it?
They're always "used." As Fluffywolf said, "Isn't that true for everyone?"

I think that's something to keep in mind: we use them without thinking about it - even the "conscious" ones. It "just happens." This makes actually typing based on "functions" problematic: I "think" inside my head, therefore I "use Ti". The real question is how you think ... most people don't know "how" they think. It just happens.

What have they gained for you? What have you gained from them?
Understanding that they're different for different people enables me to better explain things in terms that others can readily understand. The notion that different people use remarkably different internal processes to think is very ... um ... "mind opening", if you will.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think my ne helps me come up with interesting photography ideas and my fi helps me connect with people and bring out their true personality and my te probably helps the business side of it and sales and my si makes me all sentimental and nostalgic and that shines through in my work...

I don't know for sure but it seems likely :)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hmm. So I've probably used Te to accomplish "doing" and "mission accomplished" situations, which I have done to some point. That's the closest to using functions that I can come up with. But I gotta tell - that's pretty far-fetched.