• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe at it's best

R

RDF

I dont want to insult you or call you manipulative or fake. I am reacting to your snap-shot of Fe and try to show you something else, so you get new input about this thing. Nothing personal I know you are a clever dude.

Te and Fe cant really be compared. Under extrem pressure and strain nobody who sucks at Te could fake it. If you suck at math that wont change. But thats different with the F-function. To know peoples ethics, you need intuition, empathy and experience with people. To know if someone is a good planer, you just have to listen to him 5 minutes and you know it.

Actually, when I take more interest in people, they respond positively. I think they actually like me better when I'm a little less self-centered and actually take an interest in them. Surprise, surprise. :)

R

RDF

prima donna infp ! :)

Its my opinion up there, I cant say that I am right or wrong. But I can tell you from my life experience has my interpretation and usage of Fe brought me the deepest trust with people. And having the trust of people is way more better than just being apple to apply to social norms. Make of it what you want.

Oh well, I'm content to agree to disagree. I think these functions are tools for learning, not a straitjacket that we're locked into for life.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Actually, when I take more interest in people, they respond positively. I think they actually like me better when I'm a little less self-centered and actually take an interest in them. Surprise, surprise. :)

Oh well, I'm content to agree to disagree. I think these functions are tools for learning, not a straitjacket that we're locked into for life.

Thats all true, but is a tangent from the originial statement.

What brings me to another quality of "Fe at its best": it can get Fi dominants pissed gravely. :) I still havent figured out how to cope with my Fi girl in that regards.

Tho she never gets as pissed at her Mum than she gets with me and her Mum is Fe dom. Prolly something different with me :(

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
As part of my own definition of "Fe at its best," I already gave the example of using a watch alarm to know when to end social meetings. It’s not specifically an Fe thing, but it kind of mimics a faculty that some Fe users seem to have.

Here is another example of “Fe at its best” for me (as a non-Fe-user). This is a cross-post from another old thread where I posted:

This was something that I only learned when I started paying attention to Fe modes of interacting with people. From my own natural Fi vantage point, I always thought that social success proceeded from my own ability to be entertaining or fascinating. But learning about Fe made me realize the opposite: That I need to take an interest in others in order to be truly interesting to others.

Hence: This is another example of “Fe at its best.” :)

I have just read that and that is a mystery to me. For entps its generally easy to get along in social situations (until people get to know them better). The thing tho is, entp usually have no intrest in people. Most people are predictable and before talking to them you know what their story is. Therefore the social success is there but it doesnt stem from an intrest in people. Not even from a feigned intrest as in I dont play a role and pretend in smalltalk that I want to get to know people.

I am usually the mysterious guy in a group that does not talk and I automatically survive in every social situation.

That would add exceptions to your theory and now I am offended by myself...

G

Ginkgo

Fe is basically a faculty that evaluates what is appropriate or inappropriate in a social context. I would say that Fe "at its best" comes hand-in-hand with an aptitude for the skills associated with Thinking, namely fine-tuning distinctions. Social evaluations might then be more clearly defined as relative to the individual. Acceptance would be guided by constructive criticism. Awareness of one's individual role would rise. The place where I end and you begin would be recognized.

Outside theory, I can't speak for how Fe strikes me because I've seen it expressed in many ways, comfortable, uncomfortable, and everything in between. There's little use in bitching an moaning about what strikes us as what "should" be a cardinal sin when nobody is innocent.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's just accounting for other peoples' needs/personalities/fears/concerns, and factoring those into an overall decision or way that you end up communicating a message. My own thoughts/feelings/needs aren't the only factor. :shrug:

Introverted Fe-ers aren't going to be concerned as much about 'The Group' as extroverted dom-Fe'ers, probably, which is why many Fe-ers don't relate as much to Fe-talk as tied to 'The Group'. For many Fe-ers, it's really just a matter of how they view their 1:1 relationships, and interact with the other person. Also Si vs. Ni can make a big difference. :shrug:

fwiw, I don't find [MENTION=204]FineLine[/MENTION]'s comments/perspective offensive, and can see how that's an element of Fe. I myself have noted that there are people who tend to use Fe as a 'tool' /set of rules, and it doesn't have to be with bad intentions; I mean, I'm aware myself that certain methods of communication are more effective at conveying messages or bringing about a decision, than other methods. To outsiders maybe it does seem like a rule set. I think there's a huge gradient though in how Fe plays out in individuals - just as there's a gradient for Te, and Fi, and so on.

R

RDF

Maybe empathy is one of those things we're all supposed to *do*, but we're not supposed to talk about it or dissect it. Like the rules of Fight Club... :shrug:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ya its prolly like with girls who are adored for their big breasts. thy wish for a man to look into their eyes. same it is for Fe being reduced to some sort of martial social Arts only.

and dont listen to infjs. the more dominant Fe gets in people the more boringly fair they become :p

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Fe = :wub:

Fi = :pacifier:

Um, no, if you want to play that game we could say

Fe = :marionette:

Fi = :bats:

But realistically both functions are complex and have their positives and negatives.

I think that it's more like:

Fe = :hug:

Fi = :scruples:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I believe that there are actually a series of melds between Fi and Fe.

I think combined they either produce a person reaching Fe through Fi which = Fum.

Or it is a person reaching Fi through Fe which I have dubbed = Fo

Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum....wait a minute....