User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I would think that Fe at its worst promotes a bad faith-like victim mentality when applied inwardly, and insufferable self-righteousness when applied outwardly.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Glycerine

Fe at its worst, can be oppressive with "shoulds", "don'ts", "do's" due to being a slave to appropriateness.

Social skills used in a Machiavellian way.

Taking the stance of "for the other person's good" too far.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Instead of telling you what Fe looks like at it's worst, I would prefer to provide a few examples in history....

1. Adolf Hitler
    2. Charles Manson
    3. Jim Jones

Glycerine

Haha I thought Charles Manson was ENFP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Haha I thought Charles Manson was ENFP.
    Nope ENFJ

Glycerine

Hmmm a lot of folks seemed to have pegged him as ENFP gone wrong. Not all cult leaders are ENFJs. Lol.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Hmmm a lot of folks seemed to have pegged him as ENFP gone wrong. Not all cult leaders are ENFJs. Lol.
    Yeah, I've studied Manson's life and he didn't seem like an Fi user to me at all.

MBTI
    IsFJ

"You're just in time for supper, dear..."
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'd say that Fe can definitely work to the detriment of the person in question. I find it can lead to minor social slip-ups being blown out of all proportion and making me feel guilty, miserable and generally like a terrible person for doing something that the other party isn't even that bothered about, like forgetting their name or (my particular speciality) accidentally interrupting them because you thought they'd finished speaking when they hadn't. That might be more the result of being told off for doing it too often as a kid, but I think it's also a function of Fe. I can end up being paralysed and avoidant of social contact like giving someone a ring or asking a favour because it's so important that I get it right, and I'm afraid of getting it wrong and feeling miserable because they hate me, even though they obviously won't! It can also result in an inability to refuse anyone anything they ask for, which I also have trouble with.
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Philosorapteuse View Post
    I'd say that Fe can definitely work to the detriment of the person in question. I find it can lead to minor social slip-ups being blown out of all proportion and making me feel guilty, miserable and generally like a terrible person for doing something that the other party isn't even that bothered about, like forgetting their name or (my particular speciality) accidentally interrupting them because you thought they'd finished speaking when they hadn't. That might be more the result of being told off for doing it too often as a kid, but I think it's also a function of Fe. I can end up being paralysed and avoidant of social contact like giving someone a ring or asking a favour because it's so important that I get it right, and I'm afraid of getting it wrong and feeling miserable because they hate me, even though they obviously won't! It can also result in an inability to refuse anyone anything they ask for, which I also have trouble with.
    Hahaha yeah, being the behavior police. I can be like this when I am stressed out or anxious but overall, I try to avoid it because I deem it more "rude" to correct others than the actual behavior typically speaking. We come off as major asses when we are uptight like that!