Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Default INTP and Ni

What are your opinions on INTPs who test high on Ni as either their 1st or 2nd highest function? Does it mean Jungian cognitive functions is not a strict rule, or does it mean a lot of self typed INTPs (possibly including myself) are either ISTP or INxJ?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

It means a lot of 'those people' are attracted to being the things Ni inclines towards (test-wise).

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've scored high on Ni on tests too, but upon learning what Ni is all about, I can say that it isn't really part of me in my daily life. At times it is a process I can consciously tap into (shadow function). But it is not something inherently present.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@uumlau told me a while back I was using Ni in this vid, but I always test IxTP.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Considering our shadows are mostly unconscious, the 4 functions we predominate in should really be the only things we see. However, we tend to have a great deal of aptitude regarding what processes we can manually imitate. Though, in reality, we aren't actually fulfilling what those preferences achieve. For example, an INTP may score high on Ni because Ti will be open to synthesizing the possibilities that Ne absorbs from objective reality. Someone with lead Ni, like an INTJ, would likely do this much more subjectively, and would likely achieve something very different as a result.

This is probably why Ne/Ni is so often confused.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

It sounds like @Oakysage is saying that lots of INTPs are a bunch of Ni wannabes, although I am not sure if I interpeted the message correctly.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@Mal+ is a good example of an INTP with heavy Ni. Perhaps he could help resolve this INTP Ni paradox.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

What's a Ni?

Apart from 二 pronounced pheonetically.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The meaning of life, the quest for the Creative Force and the Holy Grail Vortex sparks the immortal journey of Divine Destiny, the White Hole of Creation and Light and the Black Hole of Darkness and Destruction, the voice of hyperspace, controlling the cosmos and chaos of water, fire, frost, and lighting, channeling the electric fluids of the Ether, forging and annihilating material substances in eternally whirling cycles, unleashing the unlimited energies of stellar alchemical wizardry, ripping the fabric of space and time, opening gateways to every possible plane of existence within the quantum realm of the infinite multiverse, harmoniously orchestrating superstring symphonies, humbly opening the eyes of knowledge and awakening the mind of wisdom to all conscious perspectives of the multidimensional relativistic reality, hacking the Universal Supercomputer, destroying old laws and programming new laws into the Existential Game, solving the secret codes and the prophetic revelations, magically manifesting dreams by focused willpower, shape shifting the physical world of infinite evolutionary transformations, taming the Storm Dragon of Hell, freely flying away, becoming one with the inscrutable source and from which springs the Perfect All, sailing the oceans of Nirvana, sprouting the bubbles of Genesis, seeking the Higher Balance of Heaven, above and beyond the loftiest levels of the Tree of Life, the crowning ascension besides the Creator, Cosmic Master Melchizedek, the Ultimate Architect of the Universe, the Arch Mage of the Arcanum, the Archon of the Aeon, the Final Fate of God.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

... Sorry I asked.