Thread: INTP and Ni

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    It sounds like @Oakysage is saying that lots of INTPs are a bunch of Ni wannabes, although I am not sure if I interpeted the message correctly.
    You interpreted it incorrectly.

Enneagram

ISTP who hasn't developed his extraverted side, keeping him in a tert. loop?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    ISTP who hasn't developed his extraverted side, keeping him in a tert. loop?
    That's what people like @Zarathustra tried to say about me in the below thread. I admit it is a very interesting theory, making for a very unique brand of ISTP.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-5w4-intp.html

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Maybe these tests are using the wrong criteria to measure Ni to reattempt to understand the 2nd post in this thread.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

It sounds like Oakysage is saying that lots of INTPs are a bunch of Ni wannabes, although I am not sure if I interpeted the message correctly.
    They like to say that.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    They like to say that.
    Yes it is a funny thought that INTJs (only the low level ones, of course I was wrong about Oakysage's post) like to think they are more intelligent than everybody and that everyone else including the INTPs want to be just like them, however I may have misinterpreted your post just like I did with the 2nd post here.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

What are your opinions on INTPs who test high on Ni as either their 1st or 2nd highest function? Does it mean Jungian cognitive functions is not a strict rule, or does it mean a lot of self typed INTPs (possibly including myself) are either ISTP or INxJ?
    I knew an INTJ on this forum who scored Ti as his highest function.

I don't see this as wishful thinking. And I don't think the Jungian formulas are worth that much in reality. I don't like the way JCF is used to rationalize type calls. Even if JCF is true, it's a small slice of the story of personality much of which is random, based in genetics, environment, and personal choices. It used to frustrate me that formulas don't apply to people, but not any more.

I've typed my boss as an ESTJ overall. But going off type descriptions, he also fits into the ENTJ and ESTP categories. This is a combination of types that obviously works well for him, since he is so successful.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Yes it is a funny thought that INTJs (only the low level ones, of course I was wrong about Oakysage's post) like to think they are more intelligent than everybody and that everyone else including the INTPs want to be just like them, however I may have misinterpreted your post just like I did with the 2nd post here.
    INTJ is an arrogant type in itself. Some INTJ individuals hide it better than others. Some of them only bring it out when on the defensive. But I try to be forgiving of this, and see it as a reaction to the difficulty involved in being an Introvert, which I identify with. And an Intuitive in a Sensor's world means it's often necessary to deal with shortsightedness in others, as Intuitives see far down the road and are more innovative, while Sensors are often stuck in a rut and are afraid of moving on from traditional ways of doing things.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

INTJ is an arrogant type in itself. Some INTJ individuals hide it better than others. Some of them only bring it out when on the defensive. But I try to be forgiving of this, and see it as a reaction to the difficulty involved in being an Introvert, which I identify with. And an Intuitive in a Sensor's world means it's often necessary to deal with shortsightedness in others, as Intuitives see far down the road and are more innovative, while Sensors are often stuck in a rut and are afraid of moving on from traditional ways of doing things.
    It's not arrogance though, it's individualism. Not feeling superior, but different and protective of their individual self. Although it's a fine line for INTJ's in terms of how others experience it, and there are probably a lot of INTJ's that grow into becoming arrogant because of it. But that's not what most INTJ's are about.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

It's not arrogance though, it's individualism. Not feeling superior, but different and protective of their individual self. Although it's a fine line for INTJ's in terms of how others experience it, and there are probably a lot of INTJ's that grow into becoming arrogant because of it. But that's not what most INTJ's are about.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf